1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Apple iPhone 5 to ship in September?

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by arcticstoat, 21 Apr 2011.

1. arcticstoat

arcticstoat Minimodder

2. wyx087

wyx087 Homeworld 3 is happening!!

wooo, that unibody mockup looks lovely. strong while thing. love those hard edges.

hopefully Apple will follow their flat back design, iphone 2G, and 4's design are much better than 3G/s'.

having a 4 myself, i won't be upgrading unless the casing design is much improved. improved to the point where a case is not needed. (think iphone 2G's design, i've dropped that a few times without problem)

3. leveller

leveller Yeti Sports 2 - 2011 Champion!

We're locked in on contracts for the 3GS and 4 so we may have to pass ... unfortunately :sigh:

4. Cei

Cei pew pew pew

More storage? Christ, I'm happy with the 16GB on my iPhone 4, I don't need 128GB!

Also Bit-Tech, you're not paying attention. You say it will have an upgraded processor in the iPhone 5 (namely the A5 chip used in the iPad 2), and then in the next sentence you go on to say that the wish list of things that it won't be getting includes a dual-core CPU.

Yet the A5 is dual-core. Duh.

5. Guinevere

Guinevere Mega Mom

The A5 in the iPad 2 is dual core (and very snappy it is too thank you very much). But why says apple can't release a fast single core version and still keep the A5 name?

And... this article doesn't mention A5, it just says "faster".

(Oh but I'm with you, I think the "iPhone 4 GS Ultra Wicked Uber Extreme HD S" (If they take their naming cues from BT) will get a dual core chip)

6. sotu1

sotu1 Ex-Modder

So get iPhone 5 or wait for iPhone 6?

7. gcwebbyuk

gcwebbyuk Dib Dabbler

I would wait for iPhone 7 just to be sure... even then it's a risk

8. eiru

eiru What's a Dremel?

MY 1932 western electric allows me to talk to people just as well as my 3G
    PLUS
    the handset makes a great weapon in case I have to crush someones skull in.
    I can't do that with my 3G. Madey I'll wait for the 10G.
    Who says I have issues. lol

9. lacuna

lacuna Minimodder

iphone 4 is horrible to hold so I will wait to see if they have improved the ergonomics at all (basically back to the 3G shape would be great)

10. Combatus

Combatus Bit-tech Modding + hardware reviews Lover of bit-tech Super Moderator

You must have got your 3GS late - my 24 month contract expires in June :D

11. r3Q

r3Q Minimodder

i don't like apple :)

i still use my original Motorola droid lol.

12. ledbythereaper

ledbythereaper What's a Dremel?

Agreed, it's the one thing I dislike about mine, and the fact I'm s**t scared of dropping it. 128GB of storage would be nice, I have far too much music/apps.

13. logonui

logonui Minimodder

Que the standard apple loving lemmings defending this blatant grab for more money.

In all honesty i think apple have got the UI perfected, their devices are fast and do what they indended them to do. I just feel that they could have released this as part of a new version rather than causing a mass purchase of the new model purely because it has a higher number attached to it. Apple products are a trendy thing to have. They are "the in thing" as my parents would say. I hope one day people buy things because they need them or they like how they work rather than "<insert standard peer pressure figure here> wants one"

14. RichCreedy

RichCreedy Hey What Who

i like the iphone 3g i have except it's getting a little slow now, and my contract is due for renewal next month, but i can upgrade in a couple of days :). as a rule i don't like apples, but the iphone, is good.

15. Kroy

Kroy Minimodder

Would Like to Sell: tents; folding stools; umbrellas; and flasks to all the fanbois queueing overnight outside Apply stores world-wide later this year.

16. Dissident

Dissident What's a Dremel?

I'm fairly happy with my I4 however my next purchase will be android based. The I5 does look interesting though.

17. leveller

leveller Yeti Sports 2 - 2011 Champion!

My other half was told "wait 2 more months for iPhone 4" but could she wait? :rolleyes:

18. Baggpuss

Baggpuss What's a Dremel?

Youve gotta be pretty desperate for an iPhone if your're gonna get one now. even if it is just a minor spec bump it would still suck geting an iPhone now for it only to be the previous generation in a couple months time.

Im starting to doubt if ill get a iPhone 5 now, my 3Gs still works fine and bar the better screen the iPhone 4 had no real benefit to me, iOS isnt really that resource intensive as it is (unless you have a 3G). I guess ill just wait another year.

19. Paulg1971

Paulg1971 Minimodder

What apple needs is an app that tells you a phone with a decent camera:)

20. docodine

docodine killed a guy once

??

Of all the things to pick on about the iPhone 4, why the camera? Takes better pictures than many brand new phones.

More storage, a more durable design, better battery and a DEDICATED CAMERA BUTTON are what i'm wishing for. Dual core A5 isn't too important I'd say. I don't get any lag with the A4.. Better graphics chip from the iPad 2 would be nice for 1080p out I suppose.

Last edited: 22 Apr 2011
Tags: Add Tags