1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LOL Do you get asked for ID?

Discussion in 'General' started by DeadP1xels, 1 May 2011.

1. Da_Rude_Baboon

Da_Rude_Baboon What the?

I have never carried ID as the only photographic ID I have is my passport (paper driving licence) and why would I carry that around? A few months ago I got asked for ID at a local Morrisons by some old codger on the tills. I just lol'd then he asked for it again. I'm 31 and heavily balding so I thanked him for the compliment, pointed at my head and asked if he really thought I was too young. He laughed and let me through.

One of my mates the same age still gets ID'd for cigarettes. :lol:

2. Unicorn

Unicorn Uniform November India

I've never been asked for ID. I look my age and have never come across anyone who might need to ID me who hasn't been able to tell that I'm old enough. Also never tried to get in anywhere/buy anything under age. I, on the other hand, have ID'd hundreds of people. When you work in an off-license that requires anyone who appears younger than 21 to be ID'd and also has under age drinkers coming in on a regular basis trying to buy alcohol and/or cigarettes, you have to. I got quite good at telling the 17's from the 18's and the just 18's from the 19+'s right before I quit ;)

3. Ending Credits

Ending Credits Bunned

I carry around my old expired drivers licence as ID which I should technically have destroyed but it seems a waste of a good form of ID and means I can keep my current licence safe. I should probably make some cuts into it and write expired on it but then it might look faked especially since I'm only 18.

4. Fizzban

Fizzban Man of Many Typos

Expired ID's arn't usually accepted as they have expired. Yes, it is retarded.

5. Bufo802

Bufo802 Minimodder

I think they're often rejected because people are more likely to give an expired ID to a friend who is underage, as it doesn't matter if it gets confiscated so much.

6. Sloth

Sloth #yolo #swag

I'm 20 so I've never tried buying anything requiring 21 but frequently get ID'd for 18+ items. I've become enough of a regular where I buy games that one of the cashiers remembers me, but everywhere else I've been ID'd without fail. Even buying books has got me ID'd at two different stores, they were just Ian Fleming novels! Though the most depressing one was getting an oil change and having the woman at the counter question whether I was old enough to drive. That was when I was 19 but still...

7. AmEv

AmEv Meow meow. See yall in 2-ish years!

Never buy anything that requires ID, so.....

8. JaSoN...

JaSoN... What's a Dremel?

All the time almost without fail. (Im 19) Have been told many times that I look 16 though.

I'v always wondered why military ID's aren't accepted anywhere, as the effort to get one, I reckon, is easily more than any other form of ID I have.

9. GeordieGoose

GeordieGoose What's a Dremel?

I dont get asked for ID at all lol as i look like a haggard old git. But when my lady does she shows them her personal bar licence ususally gets a good reaction :)

10. Xir

Xir Modder

Paint has an age restriction?
    Age for buying wine is 21?
    They can refuse to sell you an Item even when you're over 21?

An amazing country...

11. DeadP1xels

DeadP1xels Social distancing since 92

Yep :rolleyes:

I think Plastic-kote should be made an exception

I mean if i went around spraying cars, it does'nt even stick so you can just rub it off :D

12. BentAnat

BentAnat Software Dev

I used to get asked all the time.
    Until my one mate talked me past a bouncer at a club once when I was 17. Club age is 18 here.
    Ever since then, I only OCCASIONALLY get asked for ID when I use my credit card.
    Mind - I've been told that I look 35 or so... and I am 27. :'(

13. Apocalypso

Apocalypso Fully armed and operational.

I'm 32 and have been over 6' since I was about 15, I can count the number of times I've been asked for ID one one hand.

If I could remember them that is.

14. Ending Credits

Ending Credits Bunned

Reminds me of a conversation I was having with one of the people at the local fencing club talking about needing a cover for my new foil. They said something about it being purely bereaucratic since a pencil is a more effective weapon than a foil (which is argueably true since a pencil has a sharp end).

It wasn't until later that it occured to me that we had just has a completely sincere conversation about how the pen is mightier than the sword.

EDIT: Also, it turns out 1/2" OD water-cooling tubing is perfect as a cover.

Fizzban likes this.
  15. Fizzban

Fizzban Man of Many Typos

Expired passports arn't excepted as proof of ID even though it is clearly still you. Those can't be handed out to mates either. Like I said, retarded.

Brilliant! I feel the urge to rep.

16. Ljs

Ljs Modder

Can't remember the last time I was asked for ID in somewhere like bar although I have been ID'd quite a few times recently in supermarkets by over cautious/zealous staff buying alcohol and even Rizla! This seems to happen more when I am slightly more freshly shaven.

I know they are only doing their job but I do get a bit annoyed, I certainly look over 25 and hardly ever carry ID so it is a real pain when asked.

17. Nedsbeds

Nedsbeds Badger, Slime, Weasel!!

I always think back to a time my mate got id's in a pub where I was playing a gig.
    he was 17 at the time but confidently handed over his Id. The woman looked at it, looked at him then said, but this says you're 17.. he looks straight at her, says 'no....' and starts counting up from 1982. He gets to about 1985 before she stops him, apologizes and says maths was never her strong point!