1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Official CPC & Bit-Tech Chimps Challenge 2011 Thread

Discussion in 'bit-tech Folding Team' started by coolamasta, 2 Feb 2011.

1. jondi_hanluc

jondi_hanluc Retired Folder

I haven't had a 2684 on my windows machine in months, don't know if it's because I've been lucky, or that I don't run -bigadv but -bigbeta. My last two work units however have been p2689 which I had never done before, they are slighty slower than the norm, more like a 2685 but a damn sight better than those 2684s.

2. Chicken76

Chicken76 Minimodder

Hah, it's my mum's birthday today too! Happy birthday to them both!

Folding related: your GTX260 is crunching for CustomBitChimps as I'm writing this. Fantastic piece of hardware! It maxes at 72C since the weather changed, so I'll have to turn on the "wind machine" to get the temperatures lower, as I'm paranoid about hardware running hot too.

For the Challenge I also have a production server folding during off-peak hours. Speaking of which, I've written a script that evaluates how much longer the current WU will take to complete and stops the F@H client or lets it complete it based on a preconfigured grace period. It's intended for maximizing point production when running 24/7 is not possible. Do you guys think anyone here would find it useful and thus post it, or even write a short guide?

Unfortunately, my Core2 Duo has picked a rather big WU today, that's going to finish some time tomorrow, at which time I'll switch it to CustomBitChimps. Should have done it yesterday, but as the challenge only starts at 10pm here, I thought I had plenty of time to switch. Guess I was wrong... :(

But, since "All guns blazin'" is the moto, I'll also have my awesome Atom crunching SMP WUs for the challenge. EVGA and zz9pzza watch out! :rock:

Last edited: 5 May 2011
  3. Toga

Toga What's a Dremel?

Hokay, over 10 posts now (thanks for allowing the spam :) ) But still not seeing the option for PM's. It may just be my idiocy though :p Just wanted to get it all up & running since I'm leaving for the weekend very early tomorrow morning, so would lose 3 days of folding.

4. ArthurBuse

ArthurBuse CustomBitChimps member

At 6pm our time our chimp posted a massive 1.7 million points. This was 10am Pacific Daylight Time, two hours before the Chimp Challenge began, so did not earn us any Chimp Points. It was 12 noon Central Daylight Time, which is the time zone used by the Extreme Overclockers statistics.

Two hours into the competition, Hardware Canucks Forum are well out in front. Maximum PC are in second place. Overclock.net are in third. We are doing very badly in last place. The new Chimp Points system has totally changed the race.

The very good performance of Hardware Canucks Forum could be explained if they are getting a lot of help from NCIX.com Forum, which I think was the case last year, which was their first in the Challenge. If this is the case, then it will show up as an increase in the main HCF main team points matched by a drop in NCIX points.

5. Expat Arsian

Expat Arsian What's a Dremel?

Can I play too?

I am looking for a friendly team to join for the Chimp Challenge because my team is too small to participate on its own. I'm an SMP bigadv folder. Can a mod email me the passkey at my email addy of record? :rock:

6. Lizard

Lizard @ Scan R&D

If you look just under your forum name where it's displayed in bold in the top right hand corner of the forum screen you can click on the little down arrow next to 'Your Notifications' and this will give you the options you need.

7. Lizard

Lizard @ Scan R&D

I'll send coolamasta your email address (he's not a mod so can't access the forum database).

8. Expat Arsian

Expat Arsian What's a Dremel?

Thanks Lizard!

9. meandmymouth

meandmymouth Multimodder

Sorry boys, a tad late to the party but I'm up and running now and when my new PSU arrives (monday - I know, half way through the challenge) I'll be contributing 3 GPU's

10. confusis

confusis Kiwi-modder

just fixed my gts450 issues (rolled back to 267 drivers) so 9k ppd heading CBC's way

11. One_Box

One_Box Folder of the month April 2012

Sadly I seem to get them quite regularly, knocks my PPD from 50K PPD to about 33K PPD on my 4.5 Gig 2600K :waah:

12. BJS

BJS What's a Dremel?

I picked up a 2684 as well and it's cut the points on my 950 by about 13k. :(

13. holzj17

holzj17 What's a Dremel?

by the sounds of it alot of us have been 'blessed' with 2684's myself included! :wallbash:

cant wait till they start finishing then we should see ourselves moving up the leaderboard! :rock:

14. coolamasta

coolamasta Folding@Home CC Captain 2010/11/12

Soon as the bigadv's pay off im hoping we'll see a jump as most of us big folders run mostly bigadv & SMP, my SR-2 is due to drop just after lunch :)

PM's sent to new users :thumb:

15. AnniGTI_Court

AnniGTI_Court What's a Dremel?

I'm running BigAdv on both CPU & GPU, But tomorrow morning will be the 1st CPU W/U completed, Currently showing 36k PPD. My 570GTX is doing just under 11k PPD.

16. coolamasta

Good stuff mate but GPU's can't do Bigadv's ;) Is your 570 stock or overclocked out of interest?

17. ArthurBuse

ArthurBuse CustomBitChimps member

9am BST Friday.

After the first 12 hours of the 2011 Chimp Challenge there is lots of excitement. Hardware Canuks Forum have led from the start and still have a clear lead. Overclock.net and TechPowerUp are neck and neck in second place.
    Maximum PC and EVGA are neck and neck in fourth place. TSC!Russia and Overclockers Australia neck and neck in sixth place. Overclocers.com are in eighth are we (CustomPC & Bit-tech) are last.
    We briefly had eighth place at 6am. No one can match that 1.7 point eruption our team had just before the start of the Challenge.

EVGA are not happy with the Chimp Points system and want a return to first-past-the-post.

In the EOC statistics, for the 3 hour period to 9am, our Chimp output has doubled. Our rivals for last place, Overclocers.com, have a similar increase, so it will be a bigadv thing.

11am
    We have just got our nose in front of Overclockers.com and we are in eighth place with 2.04 Chimp Points to their 1.96 in last place.

The Canucks are still well out in front. Overlock.net are now pulling away in second place, leaving TechPowerUp in third. There is a pile up of 4th, 5th, 6th and 7th. We are neck and neck with Overclockers.com in last.

Last edited: 6 May 2011
  18. davebodger

davebodger My Dremel's bigger than your Dremel

Coolamasta, email me the passkey and you can have my o/c'ed 970 bigadv machine for the duration.

Dave.

19. Leroyingo

Leroyingo What's a Dremel?

Dave you need 2 more posts before you can be PM'ed

20. coolamasta

Just went to PM you and I can't as you haven't reached 10 posts, make 2 more posts so you hit 10 and I will PM you then :thumb: