1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Boot failure

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Canon, 6 May 2011.

1. Canon

Canon Reformed

So a friend was looking to upgrade, ordered a Gigabyte G41 Combo to replace an old Foxconn board he had in a Fujitsu Siemens Amilo system. And I give my old 8600GT to use. We set it up, using the on board graphics. At first we used a WD 500GB HDD pulled straight out from his system with vista 64 bit installed. Upon first startup we got the recovery message and started windows normally, upon doing this when attempting to load windows it restarted, we repeated this several times to the same outcome.

I took the HDD and installed XP. After installing XP when we attempt to startup, on the POST screen we get some strange coloured squares and it will not go any further, nor will it boot from other devices such as CD. And now the PCI-e graphics do not work.

:confused:

Thanks.

2. SuicideNeil

SuicideNeil What's a Dremel?

I seem to recall a recent discussion about Gigabyte mobos- high failure rate & then after RMA you get back another turd, rinse & repeat until you give up and get a different brand.

Can you try the HDD with the old mobo again just to make sure it isnt that, gfx card too maybe unless it isnt compatible?

3. GregTheRotter

GregTheRotter Minimodder

Fried the gpu? Fried the pci slot with your gpu? Try another gpu?

4. Canon

Canon Reformed

We are trying a 4870 shortly, however we get the problem with the on board graphics too.

5. GoodBytes

GoodBytes How many wifi's does it have?

Hmm no, you are confusing Gigabyte with ASUS.
    Gigabyte replaces your board, it's ASUS that you have to wait 1 or 2 month and get someone else dusty (dust included) board and then you face with his or her problem, replacing that one, leads to the same result.

Welcome to ASUS motherboard exchange program... heuu we mean ASUS RMA warranty service. - where users can exchange there broken board with someone else randomly selected Wait.. we mean exchange with a new board.... yyeessss new board..... (Please allow a 1 to 2 months of processing)

To OP:
    Your computer automatically reboots because you have a BSOD.
    Your problem is most likely a memory problem. Either the motherboard doesn't like the RAM, or the RAM is broken (probably broke during motherboard transfer, or you perhaps touched the RAM metal leads.. clean them with rubbing alcohol and Q-Tip to remove any residue).

Use MemTest86 to test your RAM to know for sure.

Last edited: 6 May 2011