1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Official CPC & Bit-Tech Chimps Challenge 2011 Thread

Discussion in 'bit-tech Folding Team' started by coolamasta, 2 Feb 2011.

1. Unicorn

Unicorn Uniform November India

I ran one of my quad GPU machines with 8800GS's in it like that in an "open air" chassis for many months at uni :p One 120mm fan sitting across the 4 cards and a big desk fan blowing air in through an open window. My flat mates couldn't get their head around this "Folding" thing :hehe: They thought it had something to do with clothes :lol: (mechanical engineering students ;))

Also, word around the campfire (read: the CC stats page smack talk box) from OCN members is that CBC will be passing OCN in about 3 days time if our production level stays like this ;) :thumb: :D

We my friends, have got them running scared, so keep it up! :D

Last edited: 6 May 2011
  2. AnniGTI_Court

AnniGTI_Court What's a Dremel?

Well so far so good, my machine is running well with no system restarts. I should have a MSI GT440 up and running in the morning as well as an Core2 X6800 CPU. Every little helps I guess?

3. meandmymouth

meandmymouth Multimodder

I wish I could contribute more than my measly 22k but alas I can not right now.

My 1090T is pumping out 13k, though.

4. Taffy

Taffy Folding for Margaret 17/3/2011 RIP

pushing out a slightly better than expected 34k+PPD but we are sliding down to 5th so keep folding hard Teammates :thumb::thumb:

5. Lankuzo

Lankuzo CPC Refugee

I'll join in if I'm allowed. Should get my 580 today and can have that running in the night.

6. ArthurBuse

ArthurBuse CustomBitChimps member

Not that much has happened during the night. We had overtaken EVGA but they have now overtaken us again. Their main team is the fastest in the world, so it is amazing that we can compete with them, thanks to the handicapping system that means that each team only has to perfor, relative to the size of its main team.

Hardware Canucks Forum have lead from the start. Overclock.net are in second. Tech Powerup are in third. Then there is a pile up of 5 teams all very close. Overclockers.com is slightly behind in last place.

NCIX.com does not have a chimp in the race. Their team output has dropped by about 500,000 at the start of the Chimp Challenge and Hardware Canucks main team have gone up about 600,000. Something similar happened last year during the Challenge.

I believe that there is clear evidence that NCIX.com are helping Hardware Canucks to win the Challenge. The handicap system is not popular with the two biggest teams, who usually finish in 2 or 3 days but must do 10 days this year. This year might be the only time the Jade Monkey travels north of the border.

Jack Hughes! Err, I mean j'accuse!

Sorry if this appears twice.

7. Taffy

Taffy Folding for Margaret 17/3/2011 RIP

Lankuzo, please join in asap, your contribution is very welcome. :thumb:

8. Lizard

Lizard @ Scan R&D

11:30 UK / 3:30AM PST Update:

We've slipped back into 6th place just now, but with 8.75 points we're only a little bit behind Monkey_Bollocks, which has 8.87 points.

9. Unicorn

I won't be happy unless we finish in front of EVGA this year! Come on everyone, get your calculators folding if you have to! :D

10. coolamasta

coolamasta Folding@Home CC Captain 2010/11/12

Oh dear back to 6th but 3 teams all have 9.xx chimp points so wait take a lot to get back up to 4th, roll on the bigadv drops this evening, I got my SR-2 and borrowed 24 thread xeon box dropping again somewhere between 7-8pm :D

11. Unicorn

Nice one Rob! My bigadv clients are due to submit again at just past midnight tomorrow (Early Monday morning). They're all running at around 75K credit each at the moment :)

12. Lankuzo

Lankuzo CPC Refugee

My 580 hasn't arrived so cant help sorry.

13. ArthurBuse

There are some Australian and Russian chaps in front of us now. We are down to 7th. It might be all right when Lizard doesn't do what he doesn't do again.

EVGA claim to have recruited some more big folders to their chimp team now. The have 21 million folding points, so under the old rules they would have won now.

14. coolamasta

coolamasta Folding@Home CC Captain 2010/11/12

This is certainly looking like the case and could cause issues as joining 2 teams together was never part of the rules because the team averages & chimp point system were based on an individual's team production, think the captains might need to have a chat about this...

15. Lizard

Lizard @ Scan R&D

That should happen at about 7pm tonight I reckon, though I can't login into my imaginary cluster over the weekend to check for sure :naughty:

16. TaRkA DaHl

TaRkA DaHl Modder

Anyone else getting really crappy work units?

My 2500k has dropped down to 13000ppd when it usually hovers around 22000...

17. Chicken76

Chicken76 Minimodder

What happened at 8PM PDT yesterday? (4AM today in the UK)
    Were the Stanford servers down or was it just a freakish coincidence that very few clients finished in that 1h interval?

18. ArthurBuse

There was no update at 8pm PDT. Stanford do the statistics on an iPhone. If they accidentally sit on the touch screen, there is no update that hour. :)

Hardware Canucks CC page is down at the moment.

7:50pm CC page back up. It shows our 7pm BST update was a huge 600k folding points and the one before at 6pm was a million points. WHen Lizard does nothing, he does it very well.

Last edited: 7 May 2011
  19. javaman

javaman May irritate Eyes

that is what I wanted to hear =D I have to get me one of those!! Upgrade bug kicking in......

20. meandmymouth

meandmymouth Multimodder

It is running at 4GHz, which probably explains the decent ppd