1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Official CPC & Bit-Tech Chimps Challenge 2011 Thread

Discussion in 'bit-tech Folding Team' started by coolamasta, 2 Feb 2011.

1. Unicorn

Unicorn Uniform November India

For the record, I know ;)

I'd just love to know exactly what it is he (or) she is (not) running :D :hehe:

I am so incredibly proud of the fact that we have the third highest overall points this year. What a fantastic team! :)

2. davebodger

davebodger My Dremel's bigger than your Dremel

I am running client 7.1.24 (2nd Beta) and found that when I changed one machine that was just about to drop (~96%) I did not get a credit for it, it went to the Chimp, so the v7 client seems to be able to be changed on the fly. :clap:

I had stopped my other two machines whilst waiting for the passkey so was unable to see the effect on them.

I think on client 6 you have to stop/start the client for the config change to take effect (if you change the config file directly rather than by -config ).

3. meandmymouth

meandmymouth Multimodder

Whatever is going on and whoever is producing epic points and not saying anything, the only thing that matters is that we keep 4th place. I can't see us overtaking anyone infront of use unless something truly spectacular happens.

I won't rule anything out though, I'll hopefully be almost doubling my ppd tomorrow to 40k

4. Unicorn

In goes another 75K points from one of my bigadv clients :)

5. meandmymouth

meandmymouth Multimodder

Good to hear!

6. meandmymouth

meandmymouth Multimodder

9pm We are holding onto 4th but are being caught up with by Monkey_Bollocks however, we are 3rd in terms of total points which I feel is fantastic!

7. BJS

BJS What's a Dremel?

I should have over 100k dropping by 10am. :thumb:

8. ArthurBuse

ArthurBuse CustomBitChimps member

8am BST Monday 9th May 2011.
    Our position is more or less the same. We are still in 4th place in the Chimp Challenge. We are 3rd in folding points. There is irony. We wanted a handicap system but we would be one place higher without it.

The teams are in 2 groups now. Chimp Points in (brackets) Hardware Canucks (37.64) are still in the lead . Overclockers.net (35.43) are a close second with Tech Power Up (32.28) not far behind in third. There is a big gap, then us, CustomPC & Bit-tech (22.44) in 4th.
    Overclockers Australia (20.97) are in 5th, neck and neck with EVGA(20.97) in 6th. TSC!Russia (19.56) are 7th, Maximum PC (16.9) are 8th, Overclockers.com (15.96) are bringing up the rear.

There is still a week to go, so anything can happen.

9am BST.
    EVGA (21.24) have overtaken Overclockers Australia (21.14). Our position is unchanged in 4th.

10am BST.
    Our position is unchanged in 4th.

11am BST.
    Our position is unchanged in 4th. Overclockers Australia (21.82) have overtaken EVGA (21.65)

12noon BST.

4pm BST.

--
    Custom Bi Chimps = We swing through the trees, we swing both ways.
    EVGA = English Virgins Going Abroad. Everyone knows they are getting stuffed.

Last edited: 9 May 2011
  9. coolamasta

coolamasta Folding@Home CC Captain 2010/11/12

Great stuff, thanks to you and everyone else adding what they can to the challenge :thumb:

Its very Humid at the moment isn't it, my office at home is so hot I can't even go in there to send an Email without breaking out in a sweat so been using a laptop sat downstairs lol

OCN have had 2 BIG producers recently join them but don't think its Barnettworks mate although im not sure at the moment where they came from...

Doh!! Sods law mate, I hate it when that happens but when you re-start it you will still get some points just not much of a bonus :(

lol fair play Matt, I've been doing the same and shoved 2 random motherboards around the house, one with a pair of GTX 260's and I even found a 9600GSO and 9800 GTX to shove in the other, not a lot but that and the dual hex core server im borrowing takes me up to around 500,000 PPD :D

Nothing to see here folks, just bigadv dumping ;)

Ah yes it seems a few now know about the pixie dust ;) You sprinkle a little bit on a dual core and it grows 3 more sets of cores and crunches bigadv's like a good 'un! :lol:

You know nothing Matt as nothing is happening unless you are talking about the pixie dust? :p

At long last my SR-2 has been picking up some decent projects, just about to dump 186,000 off which is great as its barely been making 100,000 on projects since the start of the challenge!

Big well done to everyone doing what they can for the challenge, we are still in 4th place and doing well, lets keep it up and you never know we might sneak up the board towards 3rd :D

10. AnniGTI_Court

AnniGTI_Court What's a Dremel?

Well thats good news on 4th place. I hope we can achieve 3rd! All is well with my rig, I'm trying to get another rig up and running. But that failed when my delivery from scan never turned up on Saturday. :waah:

11. Unicorn

I got uber keen and tried adding yet another GTX 295 this morning but the machine I was putting it in only has a 620W PSU, I was chancing my arm and the card was having none of it, BSOD every time I start the client, so I'm going to have to stick with the 9800GT in there for now :p

12. G0UDG

G0UDG helping others costs nothing

I have just set up smp to boost our scores with my 980x Im hoping ive set it up correctly it seems to be ok but me not being savvy with setting up smp Im not sure if its correct

13. Toga

Toga What's a Dremel?

I couldn't get a decent internet connection on my mobile over the weekend so couldn't dial in & get everything set up properly :( But the GPU is up & running now at least. Gonna see if I can get my i7 going tonight so that it can get chugging along too.

14. Acanuck

Acanuck What's a Dremel?

With an average PPD of 4k, I didn't it was worthwhile for me to participate.
    But if I had the urge to all I have to do is change my username to CustomBitChimps?

Also, is there any advantage of the new V7 for GPUs?

15. G0UDG

G0UDG helping others costs nothing

Every little bit helps Acanuck m8y

16. javaman

javaman May irritate Eyes

17. One_Box

One_Box Folder of the month April 2012

No, you will need to PM coolamaster for the passkey.

I certainly wouldn't be trying beta software during the challenge - if it goes wrong you will lose valuable points and time.

The 6.41 GPU client works fine just use that (for Fermi cards)

Every contribution is valuable both for the Challenge and the science so bring it on :)

18. Showerhead

Showerhead What's a Dremel?

Don't think you need a passkey unless you are running the smp client.

19. Christopher N. Lew

Christopher N. Lew Folding in memory of my father

If you are running SMPs, then you will need to get the passkey as well - PM Coolamasta to get it. But for GPU just changing the username is enough.

I've not heard much about v7 and GPU folding other than long-wished-for news that you can get decent PPD form AMD/ATI cards!

20. Christopher N. Lew

Christopher N. Lew Folding in memory of my father

Usually the defaults are OK. Username, team number and passkey are self explanatory, as are the Use proxy and ask before connecting options. For size of WU you need 'big'. You can leave all the advanced options at the default values, but I usually set -smp -verbosity 9 as additional parameters, so it doesn't matter if I forget them. Or you can add them to your short cuts.

If all is well you will see all your cores running at 100% in Task Manager, and FahCore_A3 (or _A5) running as a process. HFM.NET should show your client as SMP.