1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows THE bit-tech StarCraft 2 thread

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Horizon, 5 Jul 2010.

1. impar

impar Minimodder

Greetings!

Nah. Moved to Shogun 2 and the Crysis 2 DX11 soap opera. :D
    Might return to the ladder in this Season 2, though. If for nothing else just to check how PvZ is now.

2. Elton

Elton Officially a Whisky Nerd

I'll be honest, I've been sucking badly at this game.

3. Ph4ZeD

Ph4ZeD What's a Dremel?

It's all relative in Starcraft 2. I want to make a push for the Master league but that will not be easy..,

4. Shadowed_fury

Shadowed_fury Minimodder

I'm sat rightfully in bronze. Pretty annoying. But hey I guess I suck :)

5. Elton

Finally got a few ranks up, and a few victories under my belt.

Finally getting the hang of the game and playing protoss too.

6. Ph4ZeD

Ph4ZeD What's a Dremel?

Good choice, that way you can abuse your way to diamond easily.

7. Elton

Thing is, I'm just doing 1v1s thus far. Zerg require almost constant macro expansion and for me, I haven't mastered macro well enough yet.

As for terran, MMM is usually the most lethal combination, especially coupled with vikings, or MM siege.

8. felix the cat

felix the cat Spaceman Spiff

And a lot less volatile then my favourite critters!

Just practise 4gate and enjoy the ride to diamond! ;)

Elton likes this.
  9. Elton

Well if you want to add me it's Grizzly, 676.

Mind you I'm not very good still, but I can hold my own in toss 2v2 providing I don't get crackling'ed early game.

Then again, crackling is pretty hard to pull off against voids, but eh. Man I went from getting owned to owning in SC.

10. lp1988

lp1988 Minimodder

I'm not that good but I am always ready for a fight :)

Playing as Zerg so feel free to add me

989 LarsJ

11. shaunboy

shaunboy Phenom II's are cool guys

Got back into the game after getting it at Christmas and not playing it too much. Can finally beat the Very Hard A.I with a bit of macroing and the such, feels good man.

12. Whindog

Whindog What's a Dremel?

Love how ppl on here are still just 4 gate your way to diamond.

4 gateing aint that lethal anymore vs good players.

Im almost masters on both US & SEA servers and gotta say, if i react to a fast expo or soething from terran with a 4 gate. I regret it terribly. Much rather play macro games, fits my stiyle and I havnt lost to a terran in 3months if he gets an expo. 1 Base terrna timings are anoying.

BUt macro will get you better, dont 4 gate every game. Cause youll be overmatched once you play vs good palyers and wont enjoy it.

13. Elton

I usually 2Gate Void or 3Gate Colossi.

Problem is that I never really use HTs or DTs well enough. Once I can master sentry forcefield i'll be good.

On the other hand, I try to play a good macro game, but I usually lose out. As of right now however, I'm on top 8 bronze league, not too bad, but not that great. I can't really move up as my mid-game attack timing is still miserable.

14. Whindog

Whindog What's a Dremel?

Well then dont go for a timing.

Just wait for 200/200. On like 4 base with 2k-1k in the bank and add 12 gateways so when you attack you can instantly warp in pretty much instantly re-max your army.

I find that ppl in bronze dont expand at all....

If you havnt got an expo up by the 10-12 min mark your doing something wrong. If your scrared put down some cannons. But it really isnt neccesary.

What is 3 gate colosssi??? Off 1 base????

You really cant support colosus till you have 3 bases up. You can stetch it out on 2 base but limit you other tech.

When i say limit tech, 1 forge for upgrades. late twilight for chargelots (only vs terran....blink vs zerg). With 4 gates & 1 robo chronod colosus production.

I rly like the 3 gate expand vs zerg. And 2 gate Robo expand into dbl forge for upgrades starting colosus production as I take my 3rd.

But you will always need more than one base. Toss is pretty crap if on one base for too long. Unless you 4gate obviously. But that strat is not gonna help you improve.

Hope that helps some.

EDIT - If any wants to hit me up for some games. I chop and change between US & SEA servers. But ID is: Whindog Character code:882.

Im always happy to play a custom game and help ppl improve.

Elton likes this.
  15. felix the cat

felix the cat Spaceman Spiff

...I don't 4gate cause' zerg don't get to build gateways :( :D:D

...but I would say that I will concur that practicing macro games will make you better. Yes 4gate is good to know, but it should be one of many builds, not *the* build for every game!

Too be honest most games I loose is because of overdroning. Then again if you leave me alone for long enough it just get's a bit crazy! Even if you play toss or terran I reccomend playing zerg for a while to get into the "macro zone" as there is no other way to play zerg (I don't count cheese as playing unless your are doing 4-4 or something else silly!)

...although - feeding can be fun in 2-2 as long as you know the other person on your team can power with all the excess resources!

(also - 2nd expo at 11min mark is not greedy! :) )

16. Elton

Hahah, well i totally feel like a noob again. :D

Forthe most part hasn't really failed me, but I'll keep it in mind, and I'll add you.

17. wgy

wgy What's a Dremel?

Do you honestly wait until your 3rd is up to build any colossus?! :blush:
    temporarily postponing less priority tech to get an early unit is relatively normal and potentially advantages regardless of race. fast mutalisk, banshee, voidray, colossus, blue flame hellion etc.

you can't sit on 3 bases with multiple forges down, twilight council and cyber-core all researching banking money to suddenly say "i can now build an army!"

early pressures or timing pushes such as an early robo is really normal. just as 2 gate voids is.
    simply another method of play.

18. Whindog

Whindog What's a Dremel?

You have to wait till your 3rd for constant production.

Depending on scouting sometimes you need that colosus out earlier. So you do it. If im getting colosus on 2 base Im on the verge of taking my third.

2 gate voids is a great build that Iv been using quite a bit recently.

And you dont sit there with tech facilties reserching banking money. You throw down more production facilties.

What i really like doing is going HT tech but getting halucinate and hallucinating colosuss to "show" 2 base colosus. Then they build vikings/curruptors which are useless against immortal HT combo.

But dont get into the mindset of 1 build vs all races. Its more effective vs Terran than zerg as Storm isnt as effective vs roach when compared to maruders. (Its still pretty effective, just not as much)

19. Elton

For the most part, you can pull 2 base colossi decently well as long as you have a decent defending force. Unless you're playing against Terran, then you need an alternative route.

Regardless I see where Whindog is going with this as 2 bases early means that you can build much quicker than an enemy. Still, I have to get better at anti-rush with toss, forge + cannon works well but it slows down progression.

20. lp1988

lp1988 Minimodder

Using cannons has several draw backs.

1. I play Zerg and whenever I see cannons, well I grab at least one and often two expansions, preparing for a proper attack and beefing up my economy.

2. Using cannons is pretty much handing map control over to a zerg player, and we love it, giving us peace to spread our creep and prepare to quickly rebuild our army.

3. it gives the zerg more time to spot your tech, Zerg has to know your tech and we are experts at changing on a dime, a few colossus can be devastating, but if we know they are coming they simply become expensive fodder units for Corruptors.

Tags: