1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other The hardest game you completed

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Paul2011, 6 May 2011.

1. knuck

knuck Hate your face

just thought of one -----> R-Type

2. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

You actually managed to complete it?!

3. Throbbi

Throbbi What's a Dremel?

Completed R-Type many times on Master System (the best version imho). I did play it a hell of a lot though lol

4. benjamyn

benjamyn What's a Dremel?

I can complete that in under an hour and a half without saving...

5. docodine

docodine killed a guy once

Manic Miner made me want to kill myself

6. knuck

knuck Hate your face

oh crap i forgot about the "completed" part :hehe:

no, I did not complete R-Type and I will not pretend I ever did :hehe:

7. KeTZz

KeTZz Minimodder

COD 2 on veteran on the 360

8. johnnyboy700

johnnyboy700 Minimodder

Jedi Outcast on hard, the final battle with Desan was mean, I only got him becuase I fumbled the keys and accidently got him with a crouching backslash in strong stance.
    I reckon the bit I found the toughest was at the Jedi Temple once the Reborn had taken over and I had to fight three of them at once - that took quite a few goes to get past that one, as well as a lot of sweary words. I made sure I played that part whilst the wife was at work.

One game I did simply give up on was the fanboy Portal Prequel (can't remember what its called), I couldn't get the sequence right in the last puzzle despite watching video solutions coutless times.

9. paisa666

paisa666 I WILL END YOU!!!

Mortal Kombat II on hard, it was a great achievement!!

I couldnt complete Mortal Kombat III, it is impossible (still have it on my SNES, but if a couldnt make it back in the day then it doesnt worth give it a try now) and Mortal Kombat I its not more diffcult than MK II

10. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

Don't feel bad, the gaming was impossible :hehe: .
    *Doffs hat* That is some serious skill you have :) .

11. Sloth

Sloth #yolo #swag

As per my post earlier, it's not the game that's hard, it's the pants-on-head retarded people you're forced to play with. :lol:

Trying to start a guild from scratch will expose to you the very worst humanity has to offer. People who put a third of their total talent points in each tree, people who devote so much concentration to their three skill rotation that they miss important parts of fights, people who completely fail to understand the meaning of "cleave" no matter how many times to you explain it, and several hundred more mind-numbingly stupid things people do as if they are trying to make your life hell.

12. boiled_elephant

boiled_elephant Merom Celeron 4 lyfe

You're preaching to the converted. Random heroics have convinced me that a large portion of World of Warcraft's playerbase consists of chimpanzees having wrestling matches with keyboards.

And stupidity aside, the sheer rudeness of many of them astounds me. Like...I really didn't know people could be that aggressively hostile. Anyone would think that Modern Warfare 2's playerbase was slowly emigrating to Warcraft...

13. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

speaking of r-type reminded me of pulstar and blazing star on the neo geo

14. Digi

Digi The not-so-funny Cockney

Excellent Gunsmith..! What was the name of the scrolling shooter Apogee did? That was pretty damn irritating as well..

15. CrazyBlade

CrazyBlade What's a Dremel?

16. Kiytan

Kiytan Shiny

To be fair, I used to have a really good trispec Priest, before they completely ****ed over talents to what they are now. Granted it was a soloing spec, and not entirely 1/3rd in each.
    But yeah in general the population in wow are complete a-holes. Which can make it a very hard game to "complete"

Another one I remembered was, whilst not technically a game, the achievement in Mirrors edge where you have to not shoot anyone the entire game, damn that took some getting.

17. boiled_elephant

boiled_elephant Merom Celeron 4 lyfe

Frankly I can't even IMAGINE how you'd do the last level.

18. DarrenH

DarrenH What's a Dremel?

The Hardest to complete was Uncharted 2 on Crushing. That final boss just kept getting me! Played it on Normal, Hard and then Crushing so love the game. The final victory was one of those cigar moments!

Most frustrating game was Resistance FOM on easy mode! Unlike today's games that have very easy checkpoints every 2 minutes, Resistance would send you back a bit to start over that level. I may be a bit mad but I actually enjoyed the challenge and it made me rethink my actions in advance - that was the satisfying part.

The longest game to complete was Burnout Paradise. To get my Elite licence took me over 190 hours (had already racked up 100 hours before trophies were enabled because Criterion promised they would be given when the patch was released - big mistake). But to be fair I loved every minute of the driving around. Just never thought I would get the Elite licence (you can get Platinum trophy way before the end).

Great thread, btw.

19. will_123

will_123 Small childs brain in a big body

HaHa yes totally. Also I did Kane and Lynch 2 on the hardest difficulty with a friend and it was one of the hardest games i have ever played.

20. bigkingfun

bigkingfun Tinkering addict

Most difficult puzzle game ever:

I had that and Syndicate on my parents iMac (300 MHz), but I only ever got about 3-4 levels done in Syndicate.