1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Official CPC & Bit-Tech Chimps Challenge 2011 Thread

Discussion in 'bit-tech Folding Team' started by coolamasta, 2 Feb 2011.

1. Haphestus

Haphestus ....the folding under dog

I was actually referring to the 12 core monster about to engage the fight!! :D

What do you fold with then?

2. G0UDG

G0UDG helping others costs nothing

Tnx guys your all stars apologies for being a pain in the preverbial I have disabilities one of which gives me short term memory loss hence the reason Im asking for help again all sorted now cheers all I owe you big time for the help God you guys and gals rock big time

3. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

stock speed i7 920, did clock it to 3.8 at one point but while it was stable in everything else, a few hours folding made it throw a hissy-fit and Blue Screen. No gpu golding as my gpu throws a wobbler if I try and do anything more stressful than minesweeper with it.

4. Haphestus

Haphestus ....the folding under dog

Your welcome dude.

did CPC do an article on over-clocking one of those? It sounds weird that you would be struggling as that was and still is a great CPU.

5. narwen

narwen narwen

redflames server not accepting wu's. raid his broken

6. One_Box

One_Box Folder of the month April 2012

Seems OK this end (just checked all my clients) :)

7. ArthurBuse

ArthurBuse CustomBitChimps member

1pm Tuesday 10 May 2011
    We (31.51) are still in 4th place. TSC!Russia have 20 million folding points in the CC and would have finished in 4th place under last year's rules.

2pm
    We (31.60) are still in 4th place. Overclockers Australia (29.68) are getting closer behind us. EVGA (28.12) have TSC!Russia (27.53) breathing down their necks

8pm
    We (34.52) are still in 4th place. Our mysterious million points has arrived and put us ahead of Overclockers Australia (30.89). Everything else is much as it was.

8. Christopher N. Lew

Christopher N. Lew Folding in memory of my father

Thar she blows!

9. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

that glut in points is because there was no 11am PDT/7pm BST update

10. davebodger

davebodger My Dremel's bigger than your Dremel

I have two machines with SMP WU's trying to upload, getting worth less points by the minute. :) :wallbash: :waah:

171.64.65.54 is still rejecting connections as I type this. They say they are working on it. :dremel:

Luckily it did not stop my machines downloading new WU's so they are still crunching and about to complete another pair of WU's soon.
    Still, that's not much use if we can't upload the results.

I just hope it doesn't affect my bigadv machine. That's due to finish another WU in an hour or so.

Cross fingers.

11. Taffy

Taffy Folding for Margaret 17/3/2011 RIP

Yup, having trouble submitting several A4's to 171.67.108.25.80, or 171.64.65.54.8080, the only good thing is that the A4's are now using all 4 cores, so are completeing fairly quickly.:wallbash::wallbash:

12. ArthurBuse

ArthurBuse CustomBitChimps member

7amBST Wednesday 11 May 2011
    We (37.28) are still in 4th place. Overclockers Australia (33.92) are getting closer behind us. The daily routine is that OCAU get closer to us until 8pm BST / 12 noon PDT when we get a huge number of points.
    There were no hourly stats at 11am 5pm 9pm PDT.
    EVGA are very unhappy about the handicap system. Last year they won the race in about two days. This year the Challenge lasts ten days and they do not like it. Also they cannot get their folders to change over in large enough numbers.
    EVGA are an American team and have no concept of a gallant loser. If Tim Henman had been American, they would have assasinated him. American culture is all about winning. Ask Charlie Sheen. The only example I can think of of the USA struggling on with no hope of victory is the Vietnam war.
    Yesterdays daily output shows EVGA has dipped below OCN for the first time. On the Smack Talk, I have predicted EVGA imploding the way the [H]orde [H]-bombed out of the 2009 Challenge and I was only half joking.

8amBST
    We (37.28) are still in 4th place. Hardware Canucks (19,975,691 folding points) are just short of 20 million points. Under last years rules they would be about to finish in 4th.

correction: TSC!Russia would have finished in 4th, so Hardware Canucks would have been 5th. Thanks to jondi hanluc for pointing that out.

The teams are in still in 2 groups. Three teams are in front, then there is a gap, then the other six teams. Chimp Points in (brackets) Hardware Canucks (66.16) are still in the lead . Overclockers.net (57.61) are a close second with Tech Power Up (54.32) not far behind in third. There is a big gap, then us, CustomPC & Bit-tech (37.86) in 4th.
    Overclockers Australia (34.30) are in 5th, EVGA (32.30) in 6th, with TSC!Russia (31.56) close behind in 7th,

Correction: Overclockers.com (28.69) are 8th and have overtaken Maximum PC (26.87) at the rear.

Last edited: 11 May 2011
  13. coolamasta

coolamasta Folding@Home CC Captain 2010/11/12

We are still holding on to 4th place pretty well so well done everyone for keeping up with the great PPD :thumb:

Certainly is turning out to be an interesting challenge this year, who knew how things would turn out! As ArthurBuse says - under the old point system we would be in 3rd right now, but then again EVGA would have won days ago followed by OCN which was totally predictable and whole reason why we wanted to change the rules and level the playing field.

The new rules have successfully levelled the playing field somewhat but not as great as we would of hoped, the smaller PPD teams had a HUGE advantage as they don't need to increase their PPD that much to give them big advantages in the chimp point system, hmmm swings and roundabouts.
    Hopefully next year the rules will be improved upon to make things even more fairer while keeping the level playing field...

Anyway keep up the good work all, only 4.5 days left :thumb:

14. Toga

Toga What's a Dremel?

They would have finished 5th as far as I can see, TSC!mp had already hit the 20m mark yesterday.

15. Taffy

Taffy Folding for Margaret 17/3/2011 RIP

Still have 3 SMP's not uploaded, thats over 20k points "missing" from our scores:duh: and wiil have 3 more shortly

16. Unicorn

Unicorn Uniform November India

I'm kind of sick of EVGA now, whilst a lot of the smack talk from them is just friendly banter and being proud of their team, many of them are just really pissed that they lost the crown (or monkey) this year despite having the highest folding points score. I know it's just a massive e-peen contest anyway but they are still being a little childish and constantly winging about it in the chimp chat.

I also still have a serious problem with the 'fold for EVGA bucks' thing. Somehow it just doesn't sit right with me. Anyway, frankly I think we have earned a good name for ourselves and made an impressive effort this time around, with what could be the most improved output of all the teams since last year. I'm sure some of the stats guys will check on that for me ;)

17. Ph4ZeD

Ph4ZeD What's a Dremel?

I don't really have a problem with the EVGA bucks scheme, you just have to be aware when you see the folding charts that our team is made up of pure hobbyists and enthusiasts whereas they have substantial material incentives.

18. Votick

Votick My CPU's hot but my core runs cold.

If Bit-tech gave away folding hardware like CPC USED to then I'm sure we would get more folders, that's why I started folding for CPC.

19. AnniGTI_Court

AnniGTI_Court What's a Dremel?

I have an EVGA card, but I don't see the point of folding for them. There incentives are mainly for USA/Canada Only. I only choose EVGA card because of past reputation, but I fold for my Favourite Mag CPC!

20. Christopher N. Lew

Christopher N. Lew Folding in memory of my father

I like EVGA because of their long guarantees - just in case folding breaks anything.