1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gaming Mount and Blade: With Fire and Sword Review

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by arcticstoat, 11 May 2011.

1. arcticstoat

arcticstoat Minimodder

2. MajorTom

MajorTom Minimodder

Buyer's remorse. Not a very good game at all. Especially not for a tenner. Warband is still on of my favourite time sinks.

3. Stylosa

Stylosa What's a Dremel?

The multiplayer is insane! Check out all the content over on our youtube channel for a better idea. http;www.youtube.com/unitlosttube

We have quite a fair bit of content planned for this, so keep on the lookout! This has to be the most enjoyable multiplayer game I've played for a long time, I was literately wetting myself at times.

4. GeorgeStorm

GeorgeStorm Aggressive PC Builder

Mm, I only started it briefly, but I didn't really like the guns, suddenly me on my own I could easily take on nearly 20 guys even at level 1.
    Warband Cheesecake :D

5. Jim

Jim Ineptimodder

I really don't think they should've called this game Mount and Blade

6. kingred

kingred Surfacing sucks!

7. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

8. bogie170

bogie170 What's a Dremel?

"Ultimately, With Fire and Sword fails to offer any new killer features. Everything it does has been done before, either in the earlier games or in the free mods on which this latest title is based."

So what would this game get if you didn't already own any of the previous Mount and Blade series?

9. chocolateraisins

chocolateraisins :D

If you guys don't like it, there is a mod called mount and musket Russia which is essentially the same game but a bit more balanced, and 100% multiplayer.

Give it a go, quite fun :)

10. pimonserry

pimonserry sounds like a party.

I'll stick to Warband <3

11. jon

jon Chief Phrenologist

Warband rocks, and I even go back to the original M&B once in a while, just to beat up on the Nords ... :)

12. Skiddywinks

Skiddywinks Minimodder

I remember playing a mod for a game years ago that was basically that. It was an American Civil War one. MIght have been the HL engine IIRC.

13. Bauul

Bauul Sir Bongaminge

Yes, I played that too. It was domination gameplay with weapons that took 30 seconds to reload. Like really, really slow instagib. Pretty tense at times though!

14. WildThing

WildThing Minimodder

Battlegrounds? There is a Source version now, but it has a slightly different feel to it. Still good fun though...

15. chris66

chris66 Minimodder

"Ultimately, With Fire and Sword fails to offer any new killer features. Everything it does has been done before, either in the earlier games or in the free mods on which this latest title is based."

Isn't this the case with 99.9% of games these days? Crysis 2, the plethora of other by-the-numbers-generic FPS - strip away the thin veneer of eye candy, and what have you got that you wern't playing 15 years ago?

16. jon

jon Chief Phrenologist

I'm pretty sure he's implying that everything in With Fire and Sword is found in the earlier releases of this same series, particularly Warband, which was released less than a year ago IIRC. And the additional features in WF&S can be had mods that are available online for free. Therefore ... why would you bother purchasing this game?

17. The Monk

The Monk Minimodder

18. docodine

docodine killed a guy once

Amazing game

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MFR5oI9wdow

19. Skiddywinks

Skiddywinks Minimodder

Aye, Battlegrounds it was.

20. zimbloggy

zimbloggy Genius Extraordinaire

I preordered this game, and if I had read this already then I would have probably not gotten it. There are a lot of features that are in warband that aren't in this, and there are a lot of weird glitches that I hadn't had in past games. There have been a couple of patches since then, so I hope that things have been and will be improved, but this one was a bit of a stinker. In the future I will probably wait a while before purchasing the next m&b... unless maybe it is m&b 2.

Tags: Add Tags