1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Brink (the game)

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by bigkingfun, 2 Dec 2009.

1. Otis1337

Otis1337 aka - Ripp3r

SMART dont work that well anyway

2. [ZiiP] NaloaC

[ZiiP] NaloaC Multimodder

I think it does, people just don't use it right. Given time, people will learn how to use it well and realise that there are alot more routes that they think.

3. [ZiiP] NaloaC

Shame that we couldn't *really* get the match going today, but thanks to Otis, Mars, Niro, Mackem and even Brawl for turning up tonight and joining in the banter and games :)

4. gilljoy

gilljoy Minimodder

Shame the game still isnt on the steam store :(

Naloac is ZiiP able to deliver a cd key today?

5. [ZiiP] NaloaC

Should be. I know it's Jesters birthday, so he might be busy, but I'm sure he's at the machine at some point once he's around :)

Check the ZiiP Facebook page to see our purchase bonus ;)

6. gilljoy

gilljoy Minimodder

cheers, theres a purchase bonus ;) i like the sound of that, now just to find it on FB lol

7. Ending Credits

Ending Credits Bunned

Last night was pretty fun.

My verdict is that the SP is pretty rubbish but I haven't really given it a proper chance. The MP is fun but I need to give it more time to really find out how good it is.

I think it will turn into a great game but I'm not sure yet.

8. feathers

feathers Minimodder

It looks like BRINK has been dropped by VALVE/STEAM...

9. [ZiiP] NaloaC

Gilljoy - https://www.facebook.com/pages/ZiiP/107755199255875

The bots actually become more challenging later on as you level up as they will also gain access to the same level skills and abilities. All well and good if you manage to hose down 4 bots, but then a medic throws a Lazarus grenade and you are **** out of luck and ammo.
    Again, they're not comparable to human players, but they can give you a run for your money.

Good that you made it on last night EC, was good fun. We have the no.1 server fixed now.

Feathers, it's no longer listed on Steam in the UK for some reason. Possibly due to the issues that they had with the keys in other regions not allowing people to pre-load it before the game unlocked.

I stay up on Thursday/Friday night when it was being unlocked and I think it was one of the most "timely" Steam unlocks that I have experienced. My version has been working since Tuesday, but there were 6 of us on TS and it unlocked at 01:07. Seven minutes late, that's pretty good in my opinion. Saved on the nerd rage in the forums I would image.

10. gilljoy

gilljoy Minimodder

Liked it :)

Shall have to try ordering something from yourselves in the future. Mite get brink on monday since I cant imagine you's will be delivering the CD keys today lol

11. niro

niro What's a Dremel?

First DLC for Brink will be free due to these launch day problems, Activision can take a page out of these guys book (or more preferably Valve's book)

And I think all digital copies at moment are not being sold, cos you cannot buy it from Game's digital download service either

12. gilljoy

gilljoy Minimodder

Should stop stelling all copys full stop as the dvd version uses steam as well if thats the case. shouldnt make a difference wither your cd key comes from a disk or a download

13. mars-bar-man

mars-bar-man Side bewb.

My copy worked with Steam fine, it could just a be an issue based around Steam distributing the keys?

14. gilljoy

gilljoy Minimodder

Picked it up this afternoon, shall be on later on :D

15. Material

Material Soco Amaretto Lime

We are reviewing it, Joe wants the copy done by Thursday latest so I guess it'll be up at the end of this week or start of the next.

Interesting to see a lack of consensus on it so far though.

16. Seabrook

Seabrook What's a Dremel?

I hope you review it for what it is, primarily an online game. A lot of the big companies that have reviewed it thus far have jumped on the fact it plays poorly offline. In my opinion they shouldn't have even made an offline mode.

17. [ZiiP] NaloaC

The offline mode is fine. With the AI levelling up with you or set on hard, it's a good challenge. The levelling on and offline is a good idea for people who are unsure (however few of them there are these days).

I basically see the offline mode as a way of learning or getting a solid introduction to the mechanics of the game and then you fine-tune it online.
    I've been practicing with the light class offline to get to grips with it, it's still tricky as you can perform better without the SMART button and manually do the button presses for extra speed.

Hats off to SD for getting a great patch out on day 1 over here.

18. niro

niro What's a Dremel?

Yea that's pretty much how i see it too...the game was made to be a multiplayer game, with the offline content there being to help ppl get to grips with the game, and of course if your internet goes to the sh1tter you have something to do lol.

Most of these poor reviews seem to have just focused on reviewing the single player aspect. Might have a point on the longetivity aspect

19. gilljoy

gilljoy Minimodder

Been playing this for abit.

Its not a bad game but its not the best in the world, Will prob be better when I get in a game with people I know

20. [ZiiP] NaloaC

I'll be on later this evening with Jes and a few others if you want to join us :)

Been tinkering with the Operative and Engie as a light body, much fun to be had :D