1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Top ten most satisfying weapons in gaming - allegedly

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by johnnyboy700, 19 May 2011.

1. Cleggmeister

Cleggmeister Of reasonable knowledge...

Love the Magnum from HL1. Slow to reload but one shot generally did it!

2. boiled_elephant

boiled_elephant Merom Celeron 4 lyfe

The fact that there are no Unreal Tournament weapons on that list says it all, really. UT provided more satisfying weapons than half of its genre, not least of which were the impact hammer and the flak cannon. The flak cannon still makes me laugh maniacally.

3. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

This. I just had a pang of realisation when docodine mentioned it. UT'99 flak cannon is just marvellous. :D

4. Sloth

Sloth #yolo #swag

Nothing scarier than peeking around a corner only to here that *BOOM* and swiftly go back to hiding. :D

Anything from KF! One of my favorites is the basic shotty with the flashlight turned on and looking down the sights. :rock:

Though the Huntsman is amazing my vote from TF2 would have to be the Powerjack. It's an awesome rush trying to take people down fast enough to keep yourself healed. Also, it's a car jack with a battery strapped to the end, do I need to say more? :lol:

5. b3z

b3z What's a Dremel?

The grenade launcher from Bioshock? i dont even remember that gun

6. Bogomip

Bogomip ... Yo Momma

****ing. Yes.

That list is the most OP guns - the mini gun in serious sam was beautiful because against single targets it wasnt better than the others - but get pinned in a corner with 100-200 monsters flying at you from all directions and oh- break out the minigun... and watch the mother****ing chunks of badguy fly!

Satisfying because, unlike the BFG, Cannon Ball firer etc, it gave you just enough time to let out a massive maniacal laugh.

My next most satisfying game weapon ever is ofc the glorious Holy Hand grenade in worms :)

7. Throbbi

Throbbi What's a Dremel?

Old and new combined anyone? :D

Holy Frag Grenade

Utterly useless since you have to max out strength and take the trown weapon perk to be able to use it without dying but who cares its a frikkin nuclear hand grenade!

8. knuck

knuck Hate your face

The shock rifle from UT is very unique. It's the only weapon with which you can fire something almost completely harmless (the shock core), dodge someone else's attacks and then shoot the thing you shot before to combine both into an extremely powerful attack.

Compare the shock rifle to the weapons in the games of today and you will realize what's wrong with gaming now ... It's all made for noobs. It's all mindless spraying. Regardless of how much I love Bad Company 2 or how impatient I am about BF3, no game will ever come close to UT when it comes to fun, skills and challenge

PS: I've already said this a thousand time on this forum but I had to say it again -_-

9. Shadowed_fury

Shadowed_fury Minimodder

this :thumb:

10. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

Mass Driver - Descent 3

possibly the most unsubtle sniper rifle-type gun ever [firing it left a huge 'I'M OVER HERE!!!' sign of a smoke trail], but damn satisfying

Fusion Cannon - Descent 1-3

slow moving projectiles and if you weren't careful it did more damage to yourself than the target but if you hit with it it hit hard

Concrete Donkey - Worms

What's not to love about crushing your enemy with a giant concrete donkey statue

Mike's Carpet Bomb/Mail Strike/Sheep Strike - Worms [forget which one]

More like easter-eggs, but they always got a laugh when deployed

MIRV - Fallout 3

Fire, and watch everything in front of you [and usually you too] die...

11. .//TuNdRa

.//TuNdRa Resident Bulldozer Guru

Most satisfying?

Poke - Worms.

What is not to love about poking a worm with the most underpowered weapon in the game and killing them when you've just nudged them off the level.

From there i'd have a couple of other suggestions, but I have to remember the names of them first.

12. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

Combine that with the pigsticker cheat = ludicrous fun!

Hmm, let's see:

Gauss Gun from Half-Life: You had to think before firing the charged blast or you could end up flying backward off a ledge!

RPG from Half-Life: The first ever guided weapon in an FPS as far as I know.

.357 Magnum from Half-Life: Last weapon from Half-Life, I promise! Getting a head shot with this bad boy has got to be the most satisfying way to execute an enemy.

Chainsaw from all Doom games: An obvious choice but it still doesn't stop it from being awesome!

Stake gun from Painkiller: The damn thing impales enemies with whole trees.

GP-37 from STALKER: One of the things I loved about the STALKER games is how the guns you get gradually improve in terms of accuracy - which directly affects your lethality. The GP-37 is the most accurate assault rifle you could get and was damn satisfying to have after having to put up with all the other guns that came before.

Minigun from Blood 2: Made short work of any difficult enemies and made a great chattering noise.

Nuke from Supreme Commander: IMHO the first proper nuke in a game - huge blast radius and massive damage. Better yet, synchronise two or more to create an even more devastating explosion!

13. Throbbi

Throbbi What's a Dremel?

Spot the Zero Punctuation quote ;) lol

Pete J likes this.
  14. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

Indeed!

15. bagman

bagman Minimodder

USP.45 in cod4 awesome pistol, and so was the Gold Desert Eagle

A lot of fun doing pistol only matches and coming top of leader board

16. lp1988

lp1988 Minimodder

Experimental MIRV Fallout 3

17. kingred

kingred Surfacing sucks!

No mention of the mg42 and panzerfaust (more like bunkerfaust) From RTCW:ET.

Scrubs.

18. smc8788

smc8788 Multimodder

You're forgetting the nuke in TA? The graphics weren't as good, obviously, but it still had pretty much the same effect.

19. echeb

echeb What's a Dremel?

I can only comment on the games I've played but..

1. M14 in cod4. Theres NOTHING I'd rather do in a game than beat snipers at there own game, particularly with an 'inferior' weapon.

2. Crowbar from half-life. Some times when I got stuck I would just stand there hitting something metal for ten mins listening to the sound.

3. Pistol in Halo 1. It's just legendary.

4. Plasma Cutter in Dead Space. I tried all the other guns there but its all ways my first choice.

20. Bhuvsta

Bhuvsta Minimodder

I love the Quake 2 grenade launchers for the sound the 'nade makes bouncing off walls and floors.