1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Are we in kak this weekend

Discussion in 'General' started by Kovoet, 20 May 2011.

1. C-Sniper

C-Sniper Stop Trolling this space Ądmins!

No raptors have been reported on the east coast so far... looks like a false alarm.

2. Omega Point

Omega Point Minimodder

3. kenco_uk

kenco_uk I unsuccessfully then tried again

You're nearly there.

It's got to be OVER 9000!

4. flame696

flame696 Terminating People Since 1980....

well may 21st is nearly over and im still here! i knew i shouldnt of given all my possesions and money away oh well s**t happens :D:worried:

5. KidMod-Southpaw

KidMod-Southpaw Super Spamming Saiyan

Well, no earthquake shook my atheist bedroom.

6. DXR_13KE

DXR_13KE BananaModder

OH CRAP!!! THE END IS HAPPENING!!! Ow wait, this is not a window... this is my computer screen and I am watching the day after tomorrow...

7. Alekoy

Alekoy Ostekake!

Thank you AGAIN Iceland, you just HAD to have a volcano erupt the day that a crazy guy in USA said would be doomsday... great, that will get him going for another 10 years..

8. Psycho

Psycho Average

If I ever become a mass murderer I'll say I snapped on the 21st of may of 2011, that'll get the christians scared sh-tless about an anti-christ :D:D:D:D

9. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

10. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

Pity. It could have worked out so much better:

WORLD SAVED BY RAPTURE.

The dramatic rapture of 21st May 2011, in which 20 million faithful believers were suddenly swept up to heaven, has left the world a dramatically altered place.

"We first became aware of this in the Middle East", a UN envoy explains. "Suddenly all the fighting stopped. There were no more terrorist attacks. There were no protests and fights outside places of worship. It was remarkable". Indeed this pattern was observed in all parts of the world with sectarian conflict. Northern Ireland, Scotland, Pakistan and India; for the first time in a century or more people were able to just go about their daily business. Those who were left behind by the Rapture all embraced being part of the same great community of 'The Left Behind'. It was a Big Society even UK Prime Minister Cameron could barely conceive of.

In the US Bible Belt, things turned decidedly mellow. "People here in Deliverance can finally just get on with living", observed local gas station attendant and resident Jack Orville. "I can look after my garden now on Sundays, perhaps relax with a beer. I don't have to go to Church anymore. I can invite over my Muslim neighbour for barbecue and not worry about he's a Muslim and I'm a Christian an' all that jazz, and he can have a beer and a pork sausage now and he don't have to worry none about it no more." Indeed, many people feel there is something liberating about being Left Behind. "It kinda tells you where you stand with God. It's like, he leaves us alone and we leave Him alone. Everybody just minds their own business. And if I bang my toe, it's OK to cuss now!" he laughs.

Indeed, this philosophy seems to have taken hold around the world. Peace has broken out in previously troubled regions. People are now getting together for parties on what used to be religious days of worship. Poverty is declining and health and wellbeing increasing as people stop giving all their money to Prosperity Movement evangelists and are spending it on food and health care. Lucy Jordan, a working single mother of two from Duluth told us: "When you know you can't count on God anymore, you learn to rely on yourself. I feel stronger for it... Yeah. I feel more empowered." Does she think her children have benefited from it? "Well, I'll say this: since I stopped having bedtime prayers with my little ones and started reading them bedtime stories instead, their reading has improved. So I guess they're benefiting too."

"There is a sense of being responsible for our own actions now, and our own lives" says Dr. Bublanski, a family practitioner in Jerusalem. "People are cleaning up their act. There's a noticeable drop in smoking and drinking. We haven't had conflict between Jews and Palestinians for months now. When you realise that neither of you has a holy claim on this country, that neither of you are the chosen ones, that God, in fact, doesn't give a damn, you realise that the only sensible thing to do is to stand and work together.". But couldn't it have just as easily gone the other way, towards a bloody battle for land? "That didn't happen, surprisingly", muses the doctor, "I think it's because there has been a change in people's style of thinking. It's more pragmatic now, more rational. Almost more scientific".

That seems borne out by the fact that popular science publications are experiencing an all-time boom in readership. "There never has been such an interest in, and acceptance of science", says the editor-in-chief of the New Scientist. "I think that is in part because there is no conflict between science and religion anymore. We now know that God exists. We now also know that He isn't interested in us who were Left Behind after the Rapture. Our attitude is: Fine, if that's how it is, we don't need you either. We've got science. Let's face it: God never cured our ills, or fixed our problems. He didn't intervene when, say, millions of children died of Malaria or HIV. Science intervened. We intervened in our own fate. And with science we will continue to shape our own destiny, and be better off for it."

The Rapture, many agree, was the best thing that ever happened to those who were Left Behind. "It got rid of those religious fanatic troublemakers, for one." Jack Orville says. "And it taught us to stand on our own two feet, be responsible for our own lives and our own fate. We don't need no big daddy to tell us how to live. We make our own place in this universe. And if there is an afterlife-- if there is a Hell, and being Left Behind means that's where we go, well, then we'll make our own place there as well. We're humans. We're smart and resourceful. We'll make it".

Last edited: 22 May 2011
    BentAnat and sleepygamer like this.
  11. sleepygamer

sleepygamer More Metal Than Thou

Reading that kinda makes me wish it had gone down like that.

12. greypilgers

greypilgers What's a Dremel?

AAAARGH! I can't stand it anymore!

Hearing all this Rapture this, Rapture that, does anyone else keep thinking - Bioshock... ?!?!?!?!?!

13. zatanna

zatanna What's a Dremel?

14. BentAnat

BentAnat Software Dev

LOL.
    The missus said it well:
    I'll always say that the world won't end. Chances are I'm right. Then I can say "told you so". If it does happen, who's gonna say that to me?

15. Draksis

Draksis What's a Dremel?

Any way you slice it - the world with 20 million less people would be awesome! :thumb:

:hehe: :hehe: :hehe: so all this is about people going stark-raving loony from excessive gene modification and girls with creepy eyes and giant needles sucking fluids out of corpses :p

I knew I was missing something...

16. Fiyero

Fiyero Vindaloovian

Have the Daily Mail decided that it's just as well the Rapture didn't happen because it would have caused cancer yet?

17. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

No, they're complaining that the Rapture did happen, but the Eastern Europeans, illegal immigrants and crack-addict single mothers took all the available places so there were none left for all the hard-working decent British people.

supermonkey likes this.
  18. Brooxy

Brooxy Loser of the Game

The 'prophecy' said it would start with an earthquake. I think that the man may have been listening to REM