1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TV Shows What TV shows are ppl watching right now?

Discussion in 'General' started by B_HERB, 22 Jan 2011.

1. boiled_elephant

boiled_elephant Merom Celeron 4 lyfe

The Wire, and Xena: Warrior Princess.

Both are better than I expected. Needless to say, Xena is significantly less serious, provides a nice relief from The Wire's uber-seriousness.

2. Scirocco

Scirocco Boobs, I have them, you lose.

Lol, loved watching Xena for the six seasons it was on tv. I should see about getting it to watch again.

Shows I'm looking forward to:

Fringe (Season 4) -- Thank goodness they renewed. The season 3 ending was WTF?!
    True Blood (Season 4) -- Bring on the witches!
    Being Human (Season 4) -- Only the UK version
    Torchwood (Season 4) -- is this a trend?

Current viewing:

Game of Thrones -- Fantastic!
    Camelot -- a lot of it is good, but the actor playing Arthur is pretty bleh. GoT is better.

Also recommend Spartacus (both seasons). Just finished Merlin (silly fun) and Legend of the Seeker (warning: hot chicks kicking butt).

Last edited: 19 May 2011
  3. niro

niro What's a Dremel?

Hooked on Community at the moment. I had started to watch it just after season 1 had finished airing in USA but then stopped after 4 eps cos it was bit boring. After couple people were ranting and raving about it, i thought i would give it another go, and it's funny as hell.

Ken Jeong playing Senor Chang reminds me so much of his character in Hangover

4. BentAnat

BentAnat Software Dev

A lot of series I've watched recently fell out of favour with me.
    Examples:

Fringe: Does anyone else feel like they're going to *** around endlessly and aimlessly from now on? Does anyone else feel like there once WAS a reason for the observers, which got nixed the moment they got extended to a third season? Now they seem like plot tools to get the series out of a fix...
    Too much romantic crap, not enough proper WTFness, and the answer to the universe is either Peter, Olivia or the old drug trials....

Legend of the Seeker: It started out like potentially solid PG13 entertainment, and then degraded into nothingness (IMHO). I'd rather rewatch the Robin Hood series (the 2006 BBC One one with Jonas Armstrong)

True Blood: First Vamps and shapeshifters. Now Fairies, Werewolves, withces, pagan godesses... I hear flying elephants are next... all of them wanna do Sookie "Hick accent" Stackhouse, of course... It just feels like "The bold and the beautiful:Cool edition" to me. And it started SO well, and that intro tune is SO good (Jace Everett Cheesecake)

That being saidm though - there's nothing wrong with cheap entertainment... I personally can't wait for more Dr Who, more Torchwood, more Spartacus (though I ahven't finished blood and sand yet - nevermind gods of the arena)

5. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

Primeval S5 is on Watch from next Tuesday.

6. b3z

b3z What's a Dremel?

Cant wait for the new season of true blood, just started to watch game of thrones and i cant really get into it.

Probably because i read the book recently and tbh it just does not compare,

7. Smilodon

Smilodon The Antagonist

Apparently I can't watch series since they all get axed...

Firefly died (Before I started watching, but still...)
    Chaos lasted 3 episodes
    Breaking in lasted 7

The last two wasn't the best and greatest, but it was entertaining, and it was slightly original. (How many series of American families do we need..?)

I have been following Game of Thrones, but I honestly can't see what's the fuss is all about. Sure, it's very well made, but not much happens. (I'm sure it's groundbreaking with boobs on American television... :rolleyes: )

I also followed Breaking bad for a while. Good series, but in the end I simply couldn't stand the bitching from Waters wife.

I'm still following:

Big bang Theory (only one airing ATM.)
    Fringe
    Eureka
    Warehouse 13 (probably my favorite)
    Merlin (If that too doesn't get axed)
    Dexter (Lost a bit interest after S3, but will pick it up soon)

8. xgaynicole1984x

xgaynicole1984x What's a Dremel?

hello,
    in the past I watched German wheel of fortune and jeopardy, but the English versions in US could be more interesting.

9. KidMod-Southpaw

KidMod-Southpaw Super Spamming Saiyan

I'm really into futurama at the moment, great show, good comedy.

10. bnicholls195

bnicholls195 What's a Dremel?

Been watching Top Gear on Dave, classic!!

11. Picarro

Picarro What's a Dremel?

NCIS atm. Season 8, great show.

12. samkiller42

samkiller42 For i AM Cheesecake!!

Season 8's ending almost guarantee's a 9th Season, as does LA's Season 2's ending.

Other shows worthy:
    Sherlock, the 2010 BBC version, which i hope the BBC will continue
    Bones
    Top Gear

Sam

13. snooky32

snooky32 What's a Dremel?

Season 3 of Castle just finished...epic show

Other favourites include: House, 24, Prison Break, Firefly, Dollhouse, The Big Bang Theory

14. Smilodon

Smilodon The Antagonist

What is "Dave"? I have heard this mentioned before, but never understood what it was. Is it a TV show that airs old series or something?

15. snooky32

snooky32 What's a Dremel?

Pretty much yes. Its a UK television channel that shows almost exclusively old series, mainly from the BBC.

Smilodon likes this.
  16. dynamis_dk

dynamis_dk Grr... Grumpy!!

Catching up on family guy, nikita and just started the walking dead

I watch far too much tv series stuff. Old faves have been csi(s), alias and that 70s show

17. Smilodon

Smilodon The Antagonist

Ah! So it's a dedicated channel?

Thanks for clearing that up that age-old mystery for me. :D

18. Odinster

Odinster What's a Dremel?

Game of Thrones
    House
    Top Gear
    Doctor Who
    Stargate Universe

Spread throughout the week so there's not too much telly in my routine.

19. sp4nky

sp4nky BF3: Aardfrith WoT: McGubbins

I've recently gotten into a show on Extreme channel (527 on Virgin, dunno the Sky number) called Mantracker.

The basic premise is that 2 guys are given a map and a compass, and have to travel on foot from point A to point B in the Canadian wilderness within 36 hours without being caught. When they start, a flare is fired into the air.

At the same time, Mantracker - a Canadian cowboy and skilled tracker called Terry Grant - is sitting on his horse 2km away, accompanied by a local guide. They have neither map nor compass and haven't been told where the start or finish points are. Mantracker has to find and capture the two contestants.

Cue everything from bushwhacking to false trails, etc. as the prey try to outrun Mantracker, and lesson after lesson from Mantracker as he describes how he's actually not falling for any of this stuff.

Great stuff.

20. GeorgeStorm

GeorgeStorm Aggressive PC Builder

Sounds quite good sp4nky.
    Not watching anything at the mo, since Family Guy, Cleveland Show, Clone Wars, Glee have all ended, and just finished watching all of Black Books.
    What series should I start now? Been recommended Chuck by a couple of friends