1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motors The Official bit-tech F1 2011 Thread

Discussion in 'General' started by yodasarmpit, 30 Nov 2010.

1. Zinfandel

Zinfandel Modder

Yeah but Di Resta isn't black.

Last edited: 29 May 2011
  2. Pieface

Pieface Modder

Ah, so you presume differently do you? Your ignorance, and hatefulness is just laughable to be honest. It's like talking to a Schumacher fan when he was dominating.

3. Canon

Canon Reformed

I don't hate anyone, you're the one making presumptions, maybe you need a time out, as I said before, they're all very talented drivers, but they're not perfect. Don't get so defensive over something that probably doesn't have that big an impact on your life. But thanks, you're a real charmer.

P.S

So far Vettel has upped my bank balance by £110, so grinning from ear to ear most weeks is standard form. Barcelona just dusted some sugar over my life this weekend.

4. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

Just FYI, I won't close the thread to stop this pointless bickering... I'll just ban you two for a week or two. :p

RedFlames likes this.
  5. wolfticket

wolfticket Downwind from the bloodhounds

At the moment it seems every F1 forum/thread on the entire internet has descended into pointless bickering.
    Sad really, it was a great race.

6. Lord_A

Lord_A Boom baby!

OMG is that because they are black?! :lol:

Can't believe he said that on TV, I like LH but he really needs to stop moaning. He's attitude is a bit similar to that of Vettel last year - arrogant spoilt brat. Vettel has matured a lot though so here's hoping LH will too.

/EDIT: was a shame we didn't get to enjoy the three-way battle in the closing laps but it was a very exciting race anyway :D

7. Kovoet

Kovoet What's a Dremel?

I would not exchange something in store today at work and what was the first commet "Is it because I am black"

Some people seriously need to get that chip off their shoulders and grow up or wake up before their coffee gets cold

8. Krazeh

Krazeh Minimodder

So where exactly should people overtake at Monaco? Or should they just all follow each other in a procession? Overtakes at Monaco require both drivers to be paying attention and to ensure they keep their car out of any collisions, turning into a corner early to try and force out someone coming up the inside doesn't work when the track is that tight.

9. Canon

Canon Reformed

Go and argue with the FIA, go.

10. Krazeh

Krazeh Minimodder

Just because the FIA have decided that drivers turning in early should be acceptable and that overtaking drivers should be penalised for actually doing what they're paid to do doesn't mean that's how it should be. Nor does it change the fact that if you want people to overtake at places like Monaco then you need drivers that a) are willing to put their cars into gaps up the inside of corners and b) are paying attention to what is happening on the inside and take some part in helping to prevent a collision. Something which was demonstrated quite ably by Schumacher and Hamilton at the hairpin on the first lap.

I'd still like an answer to my question tho, where do you think drivers should overtake at Monaco if you think it's wrong for anyone to attempt to make a move up the inside at the few corners when that is a viable option?

11. Canon

Canon Reformed

Hamilton isn't paid to cause preventable accidents, like it or not, that is what happened, that accident could have been avoided, it wasn't.

12. Krazeh

Krazeh Minimodder

Yes, it could have been avoided if he didn't attempt to make any overtakes and just followed the car in front of him around like a good boy. It also could have been avoided if the driver being overtaken was paying attention to the inside and didn't turn in early to attempt to force Hamilton out. If you watch the move on Massa it's quite clear that Massa turns in far earlier than normal, so much so that he puts himself on a line that leads to a collision between not only him and Hamilton but with the back of Webber's car as well.

13. Canon

Canon Reformed

It happened, disliking the way I am looking at it (yes I may be misinformed) isn't going to change anything. I think the penalty was fair and that Lewis was wrong and continued to have an attitude out of the car, simple as that.

14. Krazeh

Krazeh Minimodder

If you watch the laps running upto Hamilton's overtaking move Massa follows the same line into the hairpin as Webber everytime apart from the lap that Hamilton makes his move. He clearly turns in early to attempt to force Hamilton out and then leaves him with nowhere to go. Now if you feel it's fair that drivers who actually attempt to overtake should get a penalty when the driver they're attempting to overtake decides to turn in early and there's a collision then fine that's your opinion but there's still the question of where you think people should overtake at Monaco?

Edit: Have just noticed one of your previous posts mentions Hamilton lied to his team about the incidents. What exactly were you referring to there?

15. Canon

Canon Reformed

Yeah i'm opting out now, there's no point in discussing this any further, as aforementioned the bickering isn't great. I do hope Hamilton has a better race next time, but he has to try harder.

edit: please don't give me the 'ooh don't have an answer?' routine, this discussion is just getting a little tiresome. I'm not Hamilton, I'm not the FIA.

16. oasked

oasked Stuck in (better) mud

I'm one of Hamilton's biggest fans, but wow he was acting like a kn*b today. As Martin Brundle and others have said, it always seems to be someone else's fault for accidents and never his. Both of the passes that he attempted were dodgy to say the least and even a racing driver should have the humility to admit there might be a small possibility that it was his fault. Grow up sunshine!

Respect to JB though - he looked so happy, calm and collected after the race despite finishing 3rd. He comes across as such a nice guy.

Bit of a shame we didn't see the race finish properly and it was a real shame to see Vettel win yet again - I think the championship contest is pretty much over now! :(

17. stonedsurd

stonedsurd Is a cackling Yuletide Belgian

Yeah, Alonso pretty much said it during the post-race conference - Vettel's lead is too high, so they're just racing for points from here on out. A 'take what we can get' sort of thing.

Re: Hamilton - it's been discussed, but my $0.02 are as follows:

1. The move on Massa was silly. You don't overtake at Loews unless the other car runs wide and Massa clearly didn't. Someone else above me, who clearly watched the race, mentioned that Massa held more or less the same line through that corner all through the race, and watching that aerial replay hundreds of times shows that he did little wrong. He had the racing line, Hamilton hopped up on the kerb to get inside him, where the hell was he supposed to go? Park next to the wall while Hamilton sorted out the loss of grip that comes from hopping over the red-n-white?

2. He shouldn't have overtaken the way he did against Maldonado. A much more 'racing incident'-y move than the one against Massa, but once again, the defending driver had the racing line, stuck to it and Hamilton tried to jump in near the apex of the turn, expecting what, that the defender would just run wide/park up?

TL;DR - he raced as I wish more would race - the red mist was up and he wanted to climb up the grid. However, that style is inherently dangerous and he should man up and assume responsibility when the risks backfire and cost him time/damage.

18. Krazeh

Krazeh Minimodder

Actually the line Massa took around the corner when Hamilton made his move was different from the one he normally took. Hamilton had been following him for a number of laps and had clearly seen that there was a gap he could take advantage of, a gap which was closed off when Massa turned in far earlier than he had in the previous laps.

19. Canon

Canon Reformed

Massa is clearly on the same line, infact he is on a better line to hit the apex that the rest of the drivers in this shot. Hamilton guns in, knowing full well what he is doing. It's a really bad move, no matter what way you look at it.

20. stonedsurd

stonedsurd Is a cackling Yuletide Belgian

He swung out a little more on approach, consequently needed a sharper turn in to maintain line. But the point Hamilton seemed to have missed was that there was no opportunity there.

He was complaining on radio that Massa turned into him. Where the hell was he supposed to go?!