1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Displays Asus PA246Q or Dell U2410

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by dave99, 1 May 2011.

1. Zurechial

Zurechial Elitist

dave99, Here:
    http://forums.bit-tech.net/showthread.php?t=206130

HP seem to apply a zero pixel-fault policy to the ZR24w, judging by my experience.

The fact that it's another story of someone receiving a ZR24 with pixel issues won't help your confidence, but at least you can feel reassured that they'll replace it and not fight over how many pixels it is.

2. GoodBytes

GoodBytes How many wifi's does it have?

Hang on.. is it 0-pixel fault.. or 0-BRIGHT pixel fault.
    Usually it's 0 bright pixel fault as it's uncommon, and when it happens. It's usually a pixel that didn't get any LCD liquid inside.

Dead pixels is when the grid doesn't provide power to the pixel. Well it could be a pixel stuck on black though.. which can be unblocked if you are lucky.. but that is playing the loto, usually the grid is faulty

3. Zurechial

Zurechial Elitist

I can't say for certain based only on my own experience, but as soon as I mentioned a pixel fault to the HP guy he told me they'd replace my monitor immediately. The specific fault in my case was a stuck subpixel; a constant blue dot in the screen's LCD matrix.

4. dave99

dave99 What's a Dremel?

Was that a business purchase or a consumer?

5. dave99

dave99 What's a Dremel?

I am just getting a bad feeling about this monitor. The very first one I order has a bright pixel fault. This suggests that I am going to have pixel faults further along the line. When I am spending £330 on a moinitor I don't want to take the risk.:wallbash:

6. dave99

dave99 What's a Dremel?

Is Teaelzibub trying to tempt me? Oh Goodbytes who art in heaven, or Canada, what do I do:duh::D

7. dave99

dave99 What's a Dremel?

Just an update. It appears that CCL have taken no money from my account at all. So no complaints there. I will order a new monitor from them as they have just saved me from buying a monitor with a dodgy pixel. Kudos to them.

8. Siwini

Siwini What is 4+no.5?

I just ordered myself ASUS PA246Q! I can’t believe it. I finally done it! I will let you know how it is when it gets here. Hope Its good. Comon guys give me some love! Especially you bytes lol:thumb:

Last edited: 4 Jun 2011
  9. azrael-

azrael- I'm special...

I'm very sorry that you had to experience these issues with your purchase, especially considering the labour that process went through. :)

On the upside, you're not stuck with a faulty monitor and it hasn't even cost you anything. Once you get your monitor I'm sure you'll agree that the wait and the hassle was worth it. :thumb:

10. LennyRhys

LennyRhys Fan Fan

+1 to whoever said the manufacturers are to blame - their relaxed quality control is what puts faulty monitors in consumers' hands. Some manufacturers will ditch a panel even if it has only one dead pixel... given the technology and the sheer volume in which these things are manufactured, there is no reason why you shouldn't expect the panel you receive to be 100% perfect.

Of all the screens I've had, only two have had faults: my Hyundai 22" and my HannsG, both with one dead pixel. The Hyundai faulty pixel was stuck red at first and I fixed it with a youtube video (lol), but it died about a week later.

11. dave99

dave99 What's a Dremel?

With the pixel policy as it is the manufacturers may just as well put their hand in my pocket and take the cash. The only comparison I can think of is if you ordered a new car and it came with one of the windows missing and the manufacturer said "yeah well some come out like that but we're keeping your money and will do absolutely nothing about it despite the product being obviously faulty".:eyebrow:

12. blueviper11

blueviper11 What's a Dremel?

Amazon.UK......Market place.Sorry forgot the Name? cost about £455 :wallbash: And take me 5-6 weeks for the money back:waah::waah: And cost me £20 to send monitor back!

13. Siwini

Siwini What is 4+no.5?

All this talk from you (GoodBytes) about IPS panel’s got me thinking and I bought one. Its not that I have a problem with my current LG23’ monitor I don’t, but I want to see what’s all this talk bout IPS. Also will see about LUT, DDC.

14. GoodBytes

What's your current full LG monitor model?
    What model did you order?

15. Siwini

Siwini What is 4+no.5?

LG Flatron W2361V
    This IPS look here

16. GoodBytes

Ah the ASUS one... well I would be intrigued to know what you think about it. I think you are the first one ordering this monitor on this forum.

17. Siwini

Siwini What is 4+no.5?

I'll keep you posted if you want mate:thumb:

18. GoodBytes

Thanks.
    Because, no one here has the ASUS one, people end up buying the Dell U2410 which is similarly priced. If it good, then it would be interesting to have a second 16:10 option for other users.

19. dave99

dave99 What's a Dremel?

Does anyone know if Dell are planning to discontinue the U2410 in the near future?

20. smc8788

smc8788 Multimodder

As soon as the replacement arrives, yes.