1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scratch Build – In Progress Project : Synthetica by AnG3L (Selling most of my parts)

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by AnG3L, 18 May 2011.

?

Choose which design to follow in order to create the ventilation (page 10)

Poll closed 24 Jun 2011.
  1. 1st design

29 vote(s)
    70.7%
  2. 2nd design

12 vote(s)
    29.3%
  1. bulldogjeff

bulldogjeff The modding head is firmly back on.

All looking very neat and tidy. I like the PSU bracket, very nice and seeing the hard drive mounts has reminded me that I need to make some as well. Nice work dude.

2. AnG3L

AnG3L Ultimate Modder

@AngelOD

Thanks bro.
    Well I ve been working with isopon many years and even before modding and I ve used it in almost any material you can imagine. So far I never had any problems and I have parts that I did before 4-5 years and they are ok. I am not sure after 10 years if something will go wrong or if there is a certain kind of acrylic that will react in a way not so good! :)

3. AnG3L

AnG3L Ultimate Modder

Thanks bro, glad you liked it!!! Now go and make a hdd mount!! :) Mod on 2 bro!! :)

4. ColdzeroTeam

ColdzeroTeam What's a Dremel?

nice work so far... keep up the great work bro ;)

5. jhanlon303

jhanlon303 The Keeper of History

Put some stars on this for you.

6. AnG3L

AnG3L Ultimate Modder

Thanks bro!!!! :)

;) Glad to have you here my friend! :thumb: Thanks!

Waynio likes this.
  7. Waynio

Waynio Relaxing

Now those thumb screws are thumb screws I would use, nice :), nice curved bends too, nice touch, nice ssd mount, nice solution on the threads too :clap:.

Nice Nice Nice Nice Nice update Alex :D:lol:, word of the day is Nice :thumb::hehe:.

Oooh + rep :D

8. KidMod-Southpaw

KidMod-Southpaw Super Spamming Saiyan

So I go to Tenby for 4 days, to find a shitload of awesomeness that I've missed. Fantastic plastic work, more good modding on the way.

9. AnG3L

AnG3L Ultimate Modder

@Waynio
    Thank buddy your comments always cheer me up!! I went with those thumbscrews as I have the functionality "mania" in my veins lol but I might change them later on I dunno yet, I will see regarding the depth of the PSU inside the case so they wont pop out. :) Thanks for the rep bro and for your support it means a lot!!! :)

10. AnG3L

AnG3L Ultimate Modder

Hey buddy welcome back!!! Thanks for your nice comment bro more to follow!!! :)

11. Angel OD

Angel OD Pump Killer

Well, if nothing happened yet I suspect that nothing will! :thumb:

Normally you will get reactions instantly if anything is chemically bonding.

Such a thing as household alcohol put on acryllic will show in seconds, so me thinks you're in the clear. And in 10 years, all our mods are thrown out and we've made 10 others in the mean time! :lol:

12. AnG3L

AnG3L Ultimate Modder

Indeed lol 10 years in modding it means so many new and so many unfortunately forgotten ones :p
    Buddy do you have a clue how I can remove some permanent marker for a clear acrylic without damaging it?

13. voigts

voigts What's a Dremel?

The only way I would know of to get permanent marker off of acrylic would be sanding with a very fine grit, like 500 or so. Any solvent that I know of won't play well.

I bought a simple bending brake for about $30 that works wonders. It sure works better than having to use wood and a mallet.

Keep it coming Alex.

At the rate you work, 10 years would be so many mods later that you may not even remember this one by then.

14. Angel OD

Angel OD Pump Killer

As voigts says; any solvent is a bad idea. (which you already know of course :) )

I actually never think I tried it. But I think that 500 grit is waaaaaaaaaaay to rough for it!
    1200 is too rough as well.

Elbow grease, a tach cloth and some water might do the trick. Which actually means you grind it off with the cloth. But don't hold me responsible for it! :)

15. thechoozen

thechoozen Minimodder

i would try to remove it with a bit of polish and a bit of elbow grease :D, normally that works fine

16. AnG3L

AnG3L Ultimate Modder

30 bucks mate? Wow, I cant even find a brake in my place except the workshop who have cnc brakes!!! I want my acrylic to stay clear so sanding its not an option unfortunately!
    Thanks for your kind tips and words buddy!!! :)

I will experiment first on a spare piece and see what I can do!! I will post my solution once I find one!! ;) Thanks for the tips bro!! :)

Basically this sounds good mate, I will try with some polisher and let you know!! :)

17. ColdzeroTeam

why not simple alchool? it doesn't mark or "burn" the plexi.
    that's how i remove it when i do some markings on the plexi. try it on a piece you don't need ;). if it's glossy (mirror finish) it will come out easily. but it it's mate, you'll descover like i did, that the paint will sink in and it will be very dificult to remove :S damn those edding 3000 :p

18. AnG3L

AnG3L Ultimate Modder

Indeed on matte surfaces the paint is absorbed and it wont go away so easily, I will try alcohol first then some polishing paste and see!!! :)

19. ColdzeroTeam

good luck ;)

20. AnG3L

AnG3L Ultimate Modder

Thanks bro!!! Update in 15 minutes!! :)