1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Education We Like to Ride Bicycles

Discussion in 'General' started by RTT, 8 May 2008.

1. Jipa

Jipa Avoiding the "I guess.." since 2004

Rear hub is going.. going... gone.

Yeah got it sorta back in one piece, but my lovely Bruiser is just really falling apart.

Last edited: 12 May 2011
  2. GeorgeStorm

GeorgeStorm Aggressive PC Builder

Anyone got any recommendations for gloves? not looking for anything overly padded or anything, just a fairly light pair of gloves

3. Jipa

I have a pair of Specialized gloves and after a year there's nothing wrong with them. Really I'd say just go with a proper make and you'll be fine. I had a pair of pirate Fox gloves and they were in shreds after a year.

4. Hamish

Hamish What's a Dremel?

5. format

format What's a Dremel?

6. djzic

djzic Bokehlicious!

I'll snap some pics of my bike and my dad's in a bit!

7. Pieface

Pieface Modder

Well, as soon as I start cycling to get fit, I'm sidelined for two weeks. Synovitis in my left foot, metatarsal has occured, so have to rest it :(

8. samkiller42

samkiller42 For i AM Cheesecake!!

Ok, Cycle2work has started up with Work for the first time in 2 years, so i'm looking to jump on the band wagon.

I've decided i don't want to spend any more than £600 for bike and accessories (lights)
    Main uses will be commuting, but i do want to get up onto the trails of the local area.

Currently got a Specialized Hardrock, which is 4 years old, and dying slowly.

What do people recommend?

Cheers,
    Sam

9. jonni3

jonni3 What's a Dremel?

Like samkiller42, my employer has just signed up to Ride2work scheme operated by Evans cycles, after me mentioning it to him.

Looking to replace my ageing K2 flying monkey plus I'm growing out of the whole mountain/urban bike scene, so I'm looking for a decent road bike, right now I'm torn between the Fuji team 3.0, Felt F95 & the Felt Z100.

I'm leaning towards the Z100, does anyone have any other suggestions ........

10. Malvolio

Malvolio .

Finally got my Allez ridable (yay - what a ride it is!), though there is still much on the way for it (KCNC seatpost, Toupe S-Works saddle, EC90 stem, Dura-Ace 7900 pedals, Zipp aero Ti skewers, Nokon housing)

[​IMG]
    Just a shade over sixteen pounds, disappointingly. New bits should bring that down quite rather a lot though, so here is hoping I can get it to fifteen (or less).

05 Specialized Allez Cr-mo frame
    Zipp 202 tubular wheels with Schwalbe Durano tyres
    Crank Brothers Cobalt headset
    Full Dura-Ace 7900 groupo (cranks, front/rear derailleur, brifters, brakes)
    Ultegra cassette and chain (more durable than D/A)
    Easton EC90 bar (EA90 stem is only temporary)
    Axiom Ti bottle cages (20g each)
    S-Works seatpost, Eggbeater SL pedals, Dura-Ace cable-set and test saddle are temporary.

11. Jipa

[​IMG]

I accidentally my friends derailleur...

It was the classical case of "can I try it?" "sure" and two bunnyhops later "..." "...what the..." "..how?"

12. Malvolio

Malvolio .

Just throwing this out there: the chain on that bike is at least a link too short. Cross-chain + too short of a chain + bouncing = sad panda.

13. Jamie

Jamie ex-Bit-Tech code junkie

As above, but it's just the hanger so easy to fix.

14. Jipa

He's been building the bike for a while now and it still wasn't quite ready/adjusted. It's just funny how I seem to break absolutely everything right now :D

And the damn hanger was still 20 €, which is crazy much for a piece of aluminum and also about 1/3 of the whole amount I've spent on my own bike during the 8 years..

15. The RAM

The RAM Minimodder

Came of the bike yesterday. Managed to come unclipped under acceleration, weight and front wheel went left, I popped off the back and had a chunk taken out of my left knee and right elbow by the kerb and pavement, the chainring had a slash at my shin and the handlebars were utterly destroyed... Both wheels slightly buckled and even managed to bend the front valve! Not a clue how that happened... Sad times.

Wasn't my bike either, but the chap who owns it (who I cycle with regularly) has been hugely gracious, accepting it was his risk in lending me it, and that he now has an incentive to replace the handlebars. Phew!

Still feel terrible for crashing his bike though. Knee kills too! :(

16. Jipa

Moar videospam. New gap, filthy smooth :)

The camera work not so much... And the landing zone still requires some clearing up :D

17. Malvolio

Malvolio .

I'm not one to typically do this, but do any of you kind folk mind helping a guy out? Long story short, I've a charity ride coming up, and due to certain extenuating life circumstances (I don't know anybody with money that is willing to donate to charity) I've managed to raise precisely: jack. As such, it would be a terrible shame to have to ditch the ride altogether, meaning I won't be able to help people as I can along the way (tubes, repairs, idle chit-chat), and looking a bit silly among those other people I'm (well, arranged to be) riding with.

Not asking for much, but whatever you can give to the local MS Society would be fab. You'd be supporting not just a great charity that puts on quite a lot of fundraisers, but also a fellow life-long dedicated rider and professional wrench.

Click the cute kitty to visit my personal donation page (please):

[​IMG]

Did I mention that I'll love you long time?

18. JaccoW

JaccoW Overspender on keyboards

So how does this work if you are not from Canada?

19. docodine

docodine killed a guy once

[​IMG]

Here's my bike! That's the shape that I found it in, getting repaired now and should be done by the middle of this week. This should be a fun summer :lol:

20. Cerberus90

Cerberus90 Car Spannerer

What the

:D

Never seen a fork like that.