1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Activision details Call of Duty Elite

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 6 Jun 2011.

1. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

2. Greentrident

Greentrident Minimodder

Interesting to see the integration of mobile and other platforms - I've always thought games could work across these in some way. not sure about some of the features (track stats onine - woah!)

3. TheLegendJoe

TheLegendJoe Syntax error

"Analyze advanced heat maps" wasn't this, along with advance statistics for weapons availible for free in Killzone 2?Hmmm

4. Unknownsock

Unknownsock What's a Dremel?

Personally i think this is agreat service, other devs have some of these features but are usually abit rough round the edges. I guess the main problem here is that why do we have to pay for it?

Something like this would keep CoD fans even more casual players playing for longer and more interested in the franchise for years, hence more monies.

Maybe if this was like 50p but i can't imagine this being less than £5-£6.

5. dactone

dactone dact-one

what a load of crap! i play cod sometimes its good playing with your friends, i would expect this for free,to be part of the "game". activision ripping there customers hands off, or should i say 13 year old boys mothers hands.

6. Jamie

Jamie ex-Bit-Tech code junkie

I wonder if they will increase the quality of clips you can upload to youtube.

7. bogie170

bogie170 What's a Dremel?

Seems that Battlefield 3 is offering most of this stuff for free.

Activision reputation will drop even futher imo!

8. r3loaded

r3loaded Minimodder

"revealing on its official site exactly what users will be able to access for free"

Yep, it's free as long as you pay for it.

9. Skiddywinks

Skiddywinks Minimodder

Halo 3 did most of the things on that list years ago, and now it's enough to be considered a whole other service?

The state of console gaming has gotten horrendous.

10. Digi

Digi The not-so-funny Cockney

Didn't buy black-ops and won't buy this next installment of Call of Money: Modern Trollop 3 either.

SazBard likes this.
  11. cgthomas

cgthomas Cpt. Handsome

Even though I'm not buying any CoD nor am I interested in Elite, I do like the feature which allows you to tweak your weapons and perks from your account and push the changes into your game.
    I think it's a great idea if executed well and I hope to see it in BF3

12. wyx087

wyx087 Homeworld 3 is happening!!

CoD uses a class creation system where class created are selected ingame to suit a player's play style.

BF uses a class system where class roles are pre-defined by the designer, classes can be modified ingame to suit situation needs, not the player playstyle.

it's different, so i think it's impractical to put it in BF3. on a similar note, i hope BF3 get rid of these stats rubbish, playing without a care in the world for stats made the game much more fun. 1/50 k/d is much more rewarding if your actions actually helped your team to win.

i like the free mobile phone apps they will be offering though.

13. fodder

fodder Minimodder

How about reducing lag? Or maybe going back to an online game browser that works in less than 5 mins?

Hey, here's an idea. How about stand alone servers that give you the ability to tailor the game to the way you and your friends/public like? You can then make sure they are on a dedicated connection for minimum lag, kick the idiots and jump on and off servers without waiting in the lobby.

Domains built on ultimate control, no matter how sugar coated, all fail in the end. I don't mind paying for a service, as long as the service is one I want or need. Personally stats and social sharing are not my thing. I want a game that plays well, gives me the option to play on the servers I want to with the people I want to and without petty interference to try and milk more money out of me.

14. do_it_anyway

do_it_anyway Minimodder

Forgive me if Im wrong, but everyone saying "this should be free" - check out the line immediately BEFORE the list of things:

So......thats the free stuff. Whats the premium stuff?

15. Eiffie

Eiffie What's a Dremel?

I think it's pretty simple, either your gonna buy the game, your gonna buy the game and the pro service, your gonna "somehow" obtain the game with google-fu or you just won't buy the game. No reason to bash on people who are willing to spend more on extra services. It's their money.

16. SexyHyde

SexyHyde Minimodder

The reason we bash the people that are prepared to pay for this, is it will encourage more developers to do the same and create divides. If it was something new, then maybe, but its a charge for something others give for free.

17. Sloth

Sloth #yolo #swag

The beauty of a well implemented stat tracking system (for any game, though BF makes a good example) is the ability to show that K/D isn't all that matters. Got someone on your case or just generally feeling down about your KDR? Bring up a stat you do well on, look at your strengths and play to them in the future.

Of course, in practical application, helping your team and getting a good KDR is even better.

18. slothy89

slothy89 MicroModder

All the people whinging that these features should be free, learn to read the article? My guess is you saw the title, clicked straight to the comments and started your rant.
    ALL features listed above are included free of charge when you buy the game, ZERO subscription fees.
    These features deserve to be free, so thank god for that. It will be interesting to see what they decide is worth paying for.

Personally as long as it has dedicated servers for PC, and works at release with mod tools available within the first couple months, I think it will be fine.

19. boggsi

boggsi What's a Dremel?

In favour of this personally, I'd not pay more than £5-6 a year, but I would pay.

Tags: Add Tags