1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What do you want reviewed?

Discussion in 'Feedback & Suggestions' started by james888, 13 Mar 2011.

1. hurrakan

hurrakan What's a Dremel?

I like http://flatpanelshd.com for the most comprehensive monitor/tv reviews:

2. hurrakan

bigkingfun likes this.
  3. hurrakan

I would like to see a roundup of microSDHC cards :) I can't work out which 32GB card to buy...

We need to determine once and for all which is the best - class 2/4/6/10?

They all vary greatly across capacities and classes, in terms of read/write (sequential and random).

Apparently many class 10 cards have pitifully slow random write speeds, which can cripple your smartphone.

But the sequential read/write needs to be as fast as possible so that copying files between the card and the desktop does not take forever.

4. Marvin-HHGTTG

Marvin-HHGTTG CTRL + SHIFT + ESC

I would like to see the new Aquero 5 line of fan controllers reviewed if possible.

5. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

This. :thumb:

6. Material

Material Soco Amaretto Lime

One went up today and I've been given some time this afternoon to write up the Asus P8P67-M Pro this afternoon too so expect to see that soon, probably early next week.

7. Chicken76

Chicken76 Minimodder

Intel seems to have quietly released some budget CPU's based on Sandy Bridge:
    G800 series
    G600 series
    No reviews anywhere at the moment. Haven't they sent any samples to you guys?
    Would be interesting to read your opinion on them, as they are very cheap.

8. bdigital

bdigital Is re-building his PC again

Mini ITX motherboards

9. Fingers66

Fingers66 Kiwi in London

Combine the two...

Please include H61, H67 and P67 mini-ITX m/b's as well, plus any Z68 models that make be coming (not sure).

10. bigkingfun

bigkingfun Tinkering addict

11. Xye

Xye What's a Dremel?

Mouse Mat's! I find the standard size ones far too small but have no idea what I want and theres all different sorts like the hard and soft ones and so on.

12. Xir

Xir Modder

So...is it coming?

13. Ficky Pucker

Ficky Pucker I

Corsair H100 pleeeese :)

14. Xini

Xini Habitual Tinkerer

It'd be nice to have a reliable review of CPU coolers. Not just the cheap ones which people may go and buy from PC World but also a comparison of the heatsinks separate from the fans. Personally I'm running the Prolimatech Mega Shadow which I believe got an average response from Custom PC but I find that with a pair of Akasa Apache fans it has little to fear from the competition bar a single degree or so.

The reason I say this is that there seems to be little point in reviewing lots of stock setups as the real world difference to a common PC is very little., there's A grade coolers and then the rest. However if you're overclocking or going for a silent PC then you're likely to be willing to spend a bit more cash and a lot more time on the solution but unless you've got unlimited resources then it's difficult to make an informed decision.

Also little mention is made of thermal grease. Surely a publication which is aimed at the enthusiast market would be the place to find such an in depth look at a central part of PC building which is cooling.

On a general moan, can we please have more AMD stuff reviewed? It seems like someone has decided that Intel and Nvidia rule the roost on everythng and therefore we don't need the new stuff for AMD chips and different AMD graphics card versions reviewed but I'm getting bored with such a one sided look at the market, hence my earlier request for a review of the EAH6970DCII which has been reviewed elsewhere as a really good version of the AMD card. Instead we seem to have more reviews of stock AMD equipment and a smidgen of various Nvidia 3rd party cards.

15. bigkingfun

bigkingfun Tinkering addict

[​IMG]

I hope it is in the pipeline.

16. Material

Later than planned i know but its up. Had to wait till i'd returned from Taiwan in the end.

Last edited: 15 Jun 2011
  17. Material

Check out the latest issue of Custom PC which goes on sale tomorrow, it's got an Micro-ATX case labs test which includes the NZXT Vulcan.

The latest issue also has our first ever rotary tools labs test in it :D

Go, run to the newsagents!

18. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

I was most impressed with the latest issue, kudos to you all. All those rotary tools must've taken a while to get a feel for.

19. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

20. sp4nky

sp4nky BF3: Aardfrith WoT: McGubbins

Could you review the rules around giving reputation, please? I got (anonymous) rep today for a comment I made in November that wasn't particularly inspiring, on a thread that's long since finished with, and it's confusing the hell out of me.