1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motors Motorcycle Mayhem

Discussion in 'General' started by RTT, 24 Feb 2009.

1. PureSilver

PureSilver E-tailer Tailor

2. Tec_

Tec_ What's a Dremel?

Hey im not naked in those pics I have my cowboy boots, boxers, gloves, and helmet on. But yes I have made myself a target for your amusement so fire away! I only road up and down my block and it was only to win a dare with a pretty girl. (if you don’t look good you got to make em laugh)

But this is what im in every time a actually hit the street
    [​IMG]

3. EvilMerc

EvilMerc Minimodder

Nice visor you got there :p

4. Tec_

Tec_ What's a Dremel?

i know it blocks 100% of the light!!

5. thehippoz

thehippoz What's a Dremel?

lol that's out of control.. nice cbr though

6. FelixTech

FelixTech Robot

I'm not sure what's more worrying, the fact you are riding in your boxers, or the fact you appear to be riding along the Gaza strip!

7. PureSilver

PureSilver E-tailer Tailor

He's doing the Gaza strip!

I've already got my coat...

8. Tec_

Tec_ What's a Dremel?

you have no idea how hard i laughed at this!!!

its a sound barrier. i live right along a freeway and they state puts them up in the city to stop some freeway noise.
    [​IMG]

and as cool as the 21 year old CBR is she is kind of a dog. hears a clip from the Dyno at a monthly event i go to.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eLRTOWEa3HM

and then if you guys don't mind im going to dump some photos on you and show you how we ride in the great white north on Minnesota in the USA

some pics form my local club meet and ride

[​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]

some pics form a local shops "season opining ride"
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

some crazy stretched suzuki hayabusa
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    and a guys light up seat on his hayabusa
    [​IMG]

and then a few more stunt pics form a monthly event i got to
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

and a few more of my bike from a game photo tage we play ware someone takes a pic of there bike and the rest of us have to find it and take a pic of outs in a new spot.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

mvagusta likes this.
  9. boiled_elephant

boiled_elephant Merom Celeron 4 lyfe

I want to be in America now :(

Also, re: the naked pictures, the cowboy boots were a wonderful touch :hehe:

Last edited: 11 Jun 2011
  10. aradreth

aradreth What's a Dremel?

I've never seen the appeal of those big ride outs. Far to many idiots with big ego's pushing each other on which normally leads to something going wrong.

I'll never understand why people (generally in the US it seems) put those fat tires/extended swing arms on bikes as it kills the handling and bikes are fun in corners (anyone can be a straight line king).

11. boiled_elephant

boiled_elephant Merom Celeron 4 lyfe

In the case of the modded hayabusa, I think the owner's just seen The Dark Knight / Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children too often and has convinced himself that bikes with 8-foot wheel bases and tractor tyres can perform just as well as normal bikes.

C'mon, though, it does look pretty cool, even if he can't steer anymore :)

12. FelixTech

FelixTech Robot

It's like a trike with the back wheels joined - a dike?

Do you go to the stunt meets to take part? Or rather, are you not in any of the picture because you were the one taking them? :p

13. FelixTech

FelixTech Robot

It's like a trike with the back wheels joined - a dike?

Do you go to the stunt meets to take part? Or rather, are you not in any of the picture because you were the one taking them? :p

14. Tec_

Tec_ What's a Dremel?

i would kind of disagree with you. in large 300+ groups like the shop kick off ride there are far tomanny people to have enough room to go fast. what your more likely to have happen is side swipes or getting run out of your lain because every one is going two wide and some people are unable to hold there line (it happened to two people at that ride some chick went wide around a corner in to her friend and messed up some plastic. and another guy did some off roading when he got forced out but stayed on two wheels) its the smaller groups 3 to 20 riders ware peopel are going to push and something bad is going to happen. my club just had a ride of 23 people today ware 3 people went down but were able to get back up no problem just scratched up bikes and gear.

when you have enough money to spend the price of a small new car on a swing arm why not? the chrome alone on some of them is worth more that most bike. there more for show than any thing else.

na i don't stunt yet. i would like to get in to it at some point but i would need more money for a second bike. but i want a new bike first. so its a ways off.

15. julianmartin

julianmartin resident cyborg.

Halfway through my DAS training so far, and have just bought myself a 91 CBR600. Woot!

Full day of training today but it's raining hard :(

16. Tec_

Tec_ What's a Dremel?

haha grats bro! thats a F2 right? i think 90 (my bike) was the last year they did the F1

17. mvagusta

mvagusta Did a skid that went for two weeks.

Long swing arms on bikes do some things.

1) The increased length between the rear wheel and the weight of the engine, means you can put much more power down before the front lifts up in the air. That sexy blue 'busa would be mid 8-low 9 second 1/4 mile fast, on a bike that can still corner very well. Killing handling would be fitting a flat rear slick and a wheelie bar, which would mean ~7 second 1/4 times.

2) The handling sure will be negatively affected by a lengthened swingarm. A standard hyabusa is far from the most nimble bike available due to the standard size and weight, and that blue 'busa with the lengthened swingarm, would be even less twitchy of course.... not that it still wouldn't be as quick to respond or corner as fast, as cars like the ariel atom.

3) The bike would be able to spin out more easily in corners if the power is suddenly dumped on, but at long as it's poured on gradually, the weight transfer will be smooth and the initial acceleration out of corners can be just as good as a standard bike... but at low speeds, soon enough the increased acceleration capability applies.

4) The suspension dynamics, and the tyres, are the main factors which decide the potential handling of a bike, but the two biggest factors, by far, that decide the actual handling of a bike, are the rider's skill level, and the fortitude of the rider's testicles. This is the actual reason why there are no female riders in motogp.

5) Long swingarms make bikes look much more badass :rock:

18. stonedsurd

stonedsurd Is a cackling Yuletide Belgian

PMSL

19. julianmartin

julianmartin resident cyborg.

It is yeah - not in amazing condition but engine sounds fine with no rattles or anything.

SO excited.

20. Xir

Xir Modder

Strange, Icon is hardly sold here...
    Seeing thoise american pictures, reading your and o lot of other peoples stories I can't get over the idea that motorcycle repairs must be increadibly cheap in the US :D