1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News LulzSec targets EVE Online, Minecraft, League of Legends

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 15 Jun 2011.

1. binary101

binary101 What's a Dremel?

Using the console logic they attacked minecraft cause its comming out on the xbox360 and thinking minecraft is selling out to big corporations?

2. jhng

jhng What's a Dremel?

LulzSec = Mary Whitehouse

Perhaps they don't like Minecraft's decision to do a deal with MS, or EVE Online's decision to put Dust on PS3, but that doesn't give them a right to interfere with the activities of Mojang or CCCP or to interfere with the activities of their customers.

By doing so they behave exactly like the worst kind of censor-happy right-wing nightmare -- taking the view that they know better than the rest of us and that their judgment on the what the 'right' behaviour is should be enforced irrespective of the freedoms of anyone else.

Even worse -- shutting down Escape because of negative comments about them is essentially the same approach that the Syrian government take to political dissent.

These guys urgently need a massive JS Mill-shaped suppository...

3. Panos

Panos Minimodder

I don't think they bother us in EVE. The majority of us in there are used to siege warfare :D

The great annoyance was that the servers went down when there was an op ongoing to take out a system.
    Probably Lulz got hired by our enemies.

As for the action, DDoS IS NOT HACKING. Just a lame way to boast so and try to solve serious real life issues. People who do hacking and phreaking, try to stay anonymous and away from the public eye. In a similar way the organised crime do so. :)

4. GravitySmacked

GravitySmacked Mostly Harmless

They're just trolling now.

5. C-Sniper

C-Sniper Stop Trolling this space Ądmins!

Nothing but a bunch of Skids.

6. Tokukachi

Tokukachi Minimodder

7. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

Yeah, it doesn't sound like they are pulling off anything that any bunch of script kiddies couldn't achieve.

Although, that's an even more damning indictment of the major corps they're scoring points off.

8. ccxo

ccxo On top of a hill

The more they do, the quicker they will be caught then it will be a end to this stupidity and a tighter controlled internet.

9. Mighty Yoshimi

Mighty Yoshimi Motormouth

Can't be that nab, Given they've not been located yet. Pretty cleverly hidden their locations!

10. leveller

leveller Yeti Sports 2 - 2011 Champion!

I agree. I would prefer they use the words "being a *****".

11. Kúsař

Kúsař regular bit-tech reader

No more news about these kids, please. They've chosen a bad way to gain some fame. Let them wither and die, just like other internet trollgroups...

12. Jake123456

Jake123456 Surprise!

I hate them.

I hate them.

That is how I'm expressing my hate for them.

I hate them..

13. PyrO_PrOfessOr

PyrO_PrOfessOr What's a Dremel?

I take back anything positive I ever said about Lulzsec. Seriously growing tired of their sh*t. The NHS thing can't override the fact that they are acting like children and will probably end up causing more trouble on the internet than preventing it.

No need for DDOSing - they were just bored and showing off...

14. azazel1024

azazel1024 What's a Dremel?

One more case of immaturity, but meh. I meh, because frankly, as with anonymous, I think they are going to find that once they piss off enough people the authorties are eventually going to catch up with them. Sure, I doubt all involved will go to jail, but like with most other notorious hackers and hackers collectives, a lot of them will be taken down eventually. It might take a decade to catch up with them, but I bet 99% of them think "no one is ever going to catch me".

Maybe it is because I hate anarchists (which these guys pretty much are) or maybe it is because frankly I dislike the concept of going to jail (that is me personally going to jail I dislike the idea of)...but I don't see what the Lolz are in doing something illegal that is likely to get you put behind bars for....I'd say anything from 1-10 years depending on what you did and what they come after you with.

15. von_stylon

von_stylon uber micro

16. FelixTech

FelixTech Robot

Why don't they do something amazingly good natured and go "Here NSA, have the keys to this massive botnet."?

17. leveller

leveller Yeti Sports 2 - 2011 Champion!

Surely they should attack websites belonging to de-forestors, whaling vessels, arms dealers, Katie Price, corrupt politicians, businesses who infect us with their toxic waste ... any more needed?

These dicks just want attention from like-minded geeks. Hence targeting gaming. They do nothing for societies ills and causes.

18. thehippoz

thehippoz What's a Dremel?

hopefully they will go whitehat someday.. I really don't want to see any of them go to jail- as they are probably around 15-17.. guys like this make really good infosec guys.. they don the shield against what they formerly were lol ironic huh

otherwise you just get college ed or (special ed) in those positions, and you see how well they do.. might as well hire a chicken

19. KiNETiK

KiNETiK What's a Dremel?

In a way what LulzSec are doing is interesting since it is highlighting the fact that the internet is seriously lacking security. Perhaps it will start making companies take notice and start taking security/data much more seriously. I like to think that they are doing it for a reason rather than just because they can.. Still, making a statement like this is not fair if users suffer.

20. jimmyjj

jimmyjj Minimodder

Some members of anonymous have been arrested in Spain and other countries.

I imagine once they have been butt raped in some filthy Spanish jail a few times they will not think they are so clever.

These guys should remember that they could be next...

Tags: Add Tags