1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Education What's Your IQ?

Discussion in 'General' started by KidMod-Southpaw, 15 Jun 2011.

1. KidMod-Southpaw

KidMod-Southpaw Super Spamming Saiyan

Ok, it's very simple, if you've taken a test or hapen to know your IQ, just post it. If you want, post your age too, and if you know it, the IQ level that corresponds with yours.

My IQ is 116= superiour intellect. I'm 14.

There are 3 rules.
    1) Don't lie
    2) Don't tease people
    3) Don't tease Brawl

MiNiMaL_FuSS likes this.
  2. Jipa

Jipa Avoiding the "I guess.." since 2004

According to which test? The online ones have returned everything between 120 and 160, and I really doubt that has ANYTHING to do with the "real" one.

3. Smilodon

Smilodon The Antagonist

I got over 100% and didn't even try.

(E-cookie for the first who gets it)

And yeah, Jipa is right. Online test doesn't really count as some of them have no idea what an IQ test really is.

I once saw a IQ test which had questions about history mixed in with the normal IQ questions...

(Last IQ test I bothered to take a few years ago I got around 130 IIRC. But that was one of those online tests)

4. Fod

Fod what is the cheesecake?

three.

5. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

I think I may have to make that my new sig...

Don't take it personally KidMod-Southpaw :) .

14? When did young whipper-snappers start registering? I thought the internet came with an 18+ certificate!

6. Sloth

Sloth #yolo #swag

I was in a "gifted" program in grade school, supposedly the entrance exam was an IQ test and only those above some magical number were accepted. I've heard that number placed as high as 130 but quite frankly that sounds ridiculous, due to the age at which we took the test it likely wasn't even an IQ test. Whatever the truth, I can quite confidently say that my IQ is above average, whatever that's supposed to mean. You can only get into so many "bright" or "gifted" programs without being a little special.

It's impossible to not make this sound like an attack against the OP so I won't try to sugar coat it: Has anyone else noticed that no one with anything short of an above average IQ ever starts these pissing contests? Or that magically no one is ever below 100?

7. Ph4ZeD

Ph4ZeD What's a Dremel?

Genuine intelligence is impossible to measure. You can easily train yourself to complete IQ tests and get better scores, but you aren't smarter.

Pliqu3011 likes this.
  8. benji2412

benji2412 <insert message here>

+1

Glad someone else knows this.

9. PureSilver

PureSilver E-tailer Tailor

Had to take a comprehensive IQ test for an ADHD diagnosis (negative, incidentally), returned score of 143 which is 'Very Superior', 'Genius' or 99th percentile depending on which manual you use.

It proves pretty much nothing.

10. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

Don't you know? Every single internet user is a genius - hence why their opinion is usually the only one that counts!
    Yup. I know people who are exceptionally quick at understanding things but can only develop them to a certain level. Conversely, I know others who are slow to understand things but once they do they can develop it to a much higher level.

Guest-44432 likes this.
  11. thehippoz

thehippoz What's a Dremel?

yeah took one once after hs,, 145

nowdays.. probably more around yours xD I'm sure 85 is average.. there's a aptitude test that deals with math/reading/english, kind of puts you into a better grade- because it doesn't deal with your ability to adapt as much as what you know

like when I took classes on welding.. I thought it'd be easy as cake- it's a whole different skillset though- I did very well but it was a lot harder than I thought with oxy acetylene and stick welding.. tig takes some skill too

the best welders were mexican guys who weren't really good at machine and tool.. they were just naturals at focusing on the puddle and could make the welds exactly the way they should be structured and still keep it looking good (no birdshats and strait with the overlap even) even at high amperage

iq doesn't mean anything really.. look at the savants who carve sculptures- can you do that at that speed? anyone who says they are mensa members are usually assholes and into the hairy southern politics.. never trust a man who doesn't have a mustache

they shave it to fit in and distract you from the fact they are cachi

12. benji2412

benji2412 <insert message here>

Perhaps you should measure intellegence in achievements :p

13. Sloth

Sloth #yolo #swag

Usually? We're always the only ones that count!

It'd be a measure of ambition then, which one is more important could be debated ad infinitum (I think that gave me +5 IQ, it was Latin).

14. wolfticket

wolfticket Downwind from the bloodhounds

I dunno, but my mum says I'm special.

15. mars-bar-man

mars-bar-man Side bewb.

I have an IQ of 42, and are what some people would call, mentally retarded.*

Tbh, I have no idea what mine is, I think the one they did on the BBC a while ago, I ended up with 120 something.

*Apologies if this offends anyone.

16. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

Last one I took was about three years ago. I scored 138, I only remember because there was a very clever young lady in our office who scored 150 on the same test; which was pretty spectacular.

I dunno, the most intelligent bloke I met worked evenings as a glass collector at the Castle Inn in Doncaster - You could ask him a seemingly innocuous question, on pretty much anything, and then be blown away by an incredibly inciteful response that most people couldn't manage after weeks of studying and contemplation.

He had no ambition to go out and achieve anything remarkable, and was very content with his lot in life.

He never mentioned his IQ, but it was definitely way up there.

Last edited: 15 Jun 2011
  17. Jipa

Jipa Avoiding the "I guess.." since 2004

Pretty much this. EDIT: whoops read it all wrong. I guess it still works, though)

The fact is, no matter how good you are at placing numbers at the right spots and turning squares at the right orientation, if you suck at something else (people skills, usually, I think), what the hell is the point? Only makes one more miserable while assembling the ****ing cubes in the right order.

Last edited: 15 Jun 2011
  18. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

So, have you ever eaten a candle?

19. Volund

Volund Am I supposed to care?

According to the same test you took, I'm at 139....

I got tested for real years ago (when I was 8 or 9 I think....) but I don't know what my score was.

20. dancingbear84

dancingbear84 error 404

I ate a beeswax candle once, tasted a bit of honey, though to be fair I stuck my fingers in a light bulb fitting too and cycled into a stationary vehicle on an otherwise empty road. My IQ was over 130 according to a test I took ages ago. Given what I have just told you would anyone consider me intelligent. Somehow I doubt it.
    By the way, one of those "facts" about me is a lie, the other 2 are true!

Pete J likes this.