1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Games Workshop

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by [ZiiP] NaloaC, 17 Jan 2011.

1. [ZiiP] NaloaC

[ZiiP] NaloaC Multimodder

I miss 2nd ed rules. Obnoxiously long and slow, but so in-depth it was awesome.

2. BRAWL

BRAWL Dead and buried.

[end of foreign tabletop language]

I do wish they'd bring out a new RTS of 40K. Something along the lines of CNC3 but with HUGE maps. Wonder if there are any mods for CnC3 actually... I mean how hard would it be to have specific units under a race?

Imperium
    Tier 1 - Imperial Guard
    Tier 2 - Space Marines and IG Armour
    Tier 3 - Space Marines Armour, Warhound Titans, Imperial Airforces (Stormbirds included)
    Tier 4 - Warlord Titans

Every race has it's own little unique quirks after all... such as the Dark Eldar being insanely fast... so quick strike units could be used? The Eldar are psychic (So are the DE but shut up with your canon) so would be able to see further/predict events, The Tau are technological so more firepower, The Imperium has MASSES of troops. The Orks could have the strength/Melee...

Anyway, I'm fantasising about the perfectly balanced RTS game of 40K... Especially with Titans... God-Emperor above let there be a war between Ork's/Eldar and Imperial Titans!

[/RTS rant]

3. PlasmaBomb

PlasmaBomb CPC Refugee

Orks are really masses of troops as well...

4. BRAWL

BRAWL Dead and buried.

It's true... so organised killing masses and well... Green Tide works.

I might actually see if I can mod the Engine for CnC3 at all...

5. m0o0oeh

m0o0oeh Minimodder

Well, i am going to Veterans night tonight, so am hoping to get some more work done on the Beastlord - I did do some work on the metals, and then went to give him the final highlights on the flesh, and it completely ruined the flesh so I've had to restart that one... :/ But I have cleaned up my finecast Coteaz, so I'm hoping to make some headway on him as well, at least get the cloak and some of the gold done...

6. Almightyrastus

Almightyrastus On the jazz.

Hmm Orks, now there's a thought, I think I must have enough bits and pieces for about 4000+ points of those fellas still sitting in my parent's loft (50% GW staff discount at the time ;) )

7. Phalanx

Phalanx Needs more dragons and stuff.

Well they have said they're working on Dawn of War 3, and that they are taking parts from Dawn of War and Dawn of War 2 and combining them to give a new style of RTS.

They do seem to change RTS styling with every release, so I'm eager to see what they come up with.

8. BRAWL

BRAWL Dead and buried.

3 things...

1) I read that in your voice

2) I do hope they give it a proper EPIC feel to it. Something where I can use Warlords/Phantoms/Gargants in battles would be brilliant. I've always wondered if a "risk" style game would go well with D.O.W at all? Anyone who's played Kane's Wrath might know of the Global Conquest mode for it? That stuff was awesome!

3) SUDDENLY is my thing... get it out of your title you cheb!

9. Phalanx

Phalanx Needs more dragons and stuff.

Er, thanks? :)

I doubt they will throw in Titans in all honesty. There's no strategy with Titans unless they are fielded against something just as powerful. Because of the nature of RTS games, it would simply end up as a race to see who got one first. If they made a game of Titans though, that would work. Titanicus (the novel) would be a perfect ground for that.

Relic have already stated that DOW3 will have a sector/subsector style strategy overlay, much like Shogun, Risk and other games of that style. They did it well in the DOW1 games.

It'll cost ya, but I doubt you could afford me.

10. BRAWL

BRAWL Dead and buried.

No problem... can't resist that homo accent you have ;)

I doubt they will throw in Titans in all honesty. There's no strategy with Titans unless they are fielded against something just as powerful. Because of the nature of RTS games, it would simply end up as a race to see who got one first. If they made a game of Titans though, that would work. Titanicus (the novel) would be a perfect ground for that..[/QUOTE]

I reckon they could do Warhounds... Look at CnC3, they had the Redeemer, MARV and Hexagodthe****isthat device for each major race in the game. It worked because the building to make them was 3000 credits and the unit was 5000 credits so they were massively expensive when you could get 6 Mammoths out for the same price!

If they did it on a proper "**** there are Orks with Gargants down there" and got a Titan force... just for one mission in there. Come on, it'd sell like hot-cakes...

"Guys we've got a new DAWN OF WARR!! YEEAHH CHAINAXES! BLEEURGGH!"
    *disillusion crowd and the odd clap*
    "You can give orders to a Titan legion and blow up entire cities.."
    *Standing ovation*

Simplez.

Wonderful... Blood Raven's again I take it. By the way on a totally seperate note... Age of Darkness brings more hints that they are Thousand Sons decendants, that's cool.

lol, you think you're worth more than £5 chemically...

11. Sloth

Sloth #yolo #swag

Ooh, excellent news! Thanks for the link.

12. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

Indeed. Where almost every model had a special profile of some sort and there were plenty of conflicting rules. Not to mention odd rules, such as the drop in armour penetration with distance. I never, ever found someone who knew about this rule until I pointed it out (Wargear book if you're interested).

13. m0o0oeh

m0o0oeh Minimodder

Well, my first official Dark Eldar purchases have been made, and its currently a box of Wyches, a box of Warriors and a Raider. Saturday will see the advent of the Razorwing, and my gods i am looking forward to that!! Although, probably not as much as the Void Bomber....

Beastlord is finally done, but he is yet to be suitably based... so will prob upload pics once hes beeen suitably based.

14. ccxo

ccxo On top of a hill

Will always be blood ravens as their relics chapter, though if DOW3 can recapture the best parts of DOW, with the base building and mass armies. As well as the campaign map on dark crusade then it will be a good game.

I need to get painting my eldar and everything else, trying to reduce the amount of unopneed models i have which ive nearly got done- just 2 boxes of old marines and 1 box of terminators which have the old box art so cant trade them in.

As for what i have to paint its only a small list- about 6k of warhammer fantasy elves, proably 1k of lord of the rings and for 40k theres proably 4-5k of tau and eldar, with some chaos marines and nids about.

15. BRAWL

BRAWL Dead and buried.

I do hope so yeah. A 'Risk'-esque idea with proper armies like instead of 20 population limit think 100... proper armies, i.e. 100 population = 10 Imperial Guard/5 Space marines/0Eldar (because they're crap... lol) ect...

Decent graphics like from CNC3 would be lovely aswell... Titan's could easily be the best unit in the game but cost a fu*k tonne to build/deploy. Would be niiiice...

16. [ZiiP] NaloaC

Supreme Commander might be a better template for epic battles of doom with Titans! Could easily replace the Galactic Collosus with a Warlord Titan. Mmmmmm Gatling Blaster....

17. BRAWL

BRAWL Dead and buried.

Ahhh fair point sir! Gatling Blasters... bah, Titan sized power-fist to the rescue! Honestly I would love to see something epic battles wise. I mean the IG rely heavily on Artillery and the number of troops they can spam, right? would be dead easy to work on... The Speesh Mareeens work on deep strike tactics... ahhh this is all speculation, you know full well it's gonnablow.

18. [ZiiP] NaloaC

Somebody had started a mod for Supreme Commander, but sadly it was left dead in the water I think. The potential was there. Perhaps there is something adrift out there in the tinterweb for Supreme Commander 2.

19. BRAWL

BRAWL Dead and buried.

It's easier said than done that's the only problem. But with mods, often enough it'll just be "Change x for y". Wonder if ZiiP has any modders... I know those two abscentites we have on Teamspeak who're always in the SupCom channel might be intrested?

20. Droih

Droih Your too close if you can read this

A new chapter, long forgotten, have been revealed!

Seems to be a Space Marine breed whom whent lost in the seas (sauce)