1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gaming Shadows of the Damned Review

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by arcticstoat, 22 Jun 2011.

1. Whindog

Whindog What's a Dremel?

OK, how bout everybody lay off Joe and let him do his thing.

This is also multi platform.....get over it.....and this is mainly a Hardware site, thats this sites core.....Bit gamer is relatively new.

The games they do review are either the absolutly must ones and several Indie-ish titles that you amy not have heard of....ie - mass effect, starcraft, limbo, this one, Khet etc....and they ditch the crap,... COD, Anything activision, & all the other repetitive garbage that enters the market.

They do a great job and inform us all on the important things in the industry. The core is hardware, the addition is gaming. That is there MO and it should stay that way.

There are 9000 other sites for game reviews, you really want a up front honest review.....ZERO PUNCTUATION.....he'll tell you what he thinks.

Nice review Joe......Unfortunately it looks like you had to play Duke then this.....hopefully your next game played will be something that is at least mildly enjoyable.

Keep up the good work

2. PingCrosby

PingCrosby What's a Dremel?

Garcia Hotspur........class.

3. Bauul

Bauul Sir Bongaminge

I'd say there were lots of genres that are better suited to consoles.

Imaging trying to play God of War or the latest Mortal Kombat with a mouse and keyboard!

4. Fizzban

Fizzban Man of Many Typos

You do realize that you can use a xbox 360 controller (wired) on a pc don't you? They do them with usb connections, which can also be used with an xbox360. I personally use my PS2 controller on my pc for racing games and beat-em ups. So yes, a PC is better for most games. Providing the coders did their job you end up with more options. You arn't restricted to what a console can dish out, which frankly is very little compared to even an average pc.

5. Th3Maverick

Th3Maverick What's a Dremel?

Ok, not to detract from the conflagration that has erupted, but did anyone else notice how much this Garcia Hotspur guy looks like a young Benicio del Toro?

..Just sayin'.

6. Bauul

Bauul Sir Bongaminge

True, but that instantly negates two of your four reasons for playing on a PC over a Console (more button options, and finer control).

Ordinarily, consoles are typically based around a TV/Sofa setup with a controller, and PCs are monitor/desk setup with a keyboard and mouse. You could set up a PC like a console (TV/Sofa) and you could use a console as a really under-powered gaming PC.

My point is that the typical console setup if definitely better suited to some genres than the typical PC setup. Take Mortal Kombat as a previous example: the only way to enjoy having some friends over and having a tournament on the game is with the console setup. Plus, any benefits of using a PC in the place of a console would be negated by the physical way the game was played (namely the distance from the screen required to fit an audience around it).

7. Fizzban

Fizzban Man of Many Typos

;):p

Tags: Add Tags