1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scratch Build – Complete Cor Leonis

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by Attila, 28 Feb 2011.

1. Cheapskate

Cheapskate Insane? or just stupid?

I like the new toy.:D That will help you make accurate joins that are not 90 degrees too. -Opens up a lot of new possibilities.

2. kelmannen

kelmannen What's a Dremel?

+1

3. miahallen

miahallen Team IRONMODS - World Champions!

WOW...this looks awesome! :eeek:

4. Waynio

Waynio Relaxing

:D Agreed :thumb:.

:rock: Those disc sanders absolutely rock, saved heaps of effort & time with mine & sure you will too probably the best tool I bought so far :thumb: glad to see you got one to save some time & effort on all the external edge filing, you sure won't regret buying one of those ;).

The core of this is looking soooo badass :D & with you being you I can't wait to see what you do with the jacket for this awesome skeleton :) I have no idea what to expect but quite sure you'll do something incredible as I can honestly say you set THE benchmark for quality control on a DIY mod & have done the whole time I've been seeing your mods :).

5. Nitrixflare

Nitrixflare Building and engineering enthusiast

never fail to have a worklog dripping with awesomeness! :D

6. Richardbmx

Richardbmx What's a Dremel?

friend congratulations for this work really was surprised with this ... greetings very good modding ...

7. Achron

Achron Cad Pro Quo

I think you should invest some time into some modeling software to cut down on the redesigns / mistakes.

8. Jipa

Jipa Avoiding the "I guess.." since 2004

NEGATIVE.

And keep up the good work, I try not to read too many pages at once as I'm fighting a massive urge to buy a proper jig saw, files and a pile of lovely aluminum :blush:

9. Attila

Attila still thinking....

Haha, I had to look that up.:hehe: I don't know about a 'decepticon' but making it look evil would be way cool.

Thanks mate, I haven't decided exactly how this will breathe yet, but some mesh 'may' be on the cards. :thumb:

Thanks, but all this framework will still not reveal the final look. ;)

Thanks a lot Jeff. :thumb:

Thanks mate. :thumb: Aggressive sounds good.

Thanks. :thumb:The chassis will be anodised but the framework will not. It will disappear when the skin goes on.

:hehe::lol:

Thanks Craig, but the job of the framework is to be covered up. It's main purpose is to offer strength and rigidity. When a side panel is opened I want it to be solid without flex. I think it will look interesting when all the frames are done, so I will take lots of photo's before it disappears. :hehe:

Yeah, no doubt I will find lots of uses for it. ;)

Thank you. :)

Thanks Wayne. :thumb: At the moment I'm only using the disc sander for those edges that need to bolt up square against another piece. So the part is filed as normal very close to the mark, and then it's finished off with the sander.

Thanks. :thumb:

Thanks. :)

Thanks Jipa. :thumb: I've used modelling software before and it hasn't prevented mistakes from happening. And there's one thing that software definitely cant prevent, and that's a change of mind. I'm constantly changing my mind and thinking of improvements as I go along, it's just how I work. But the biggest problem with modelling on the PC is that I just cant 'see' what's going on. Looking at an image on a monitor is always 'flat', even though I can spin it around every way. It's good as a guide and a starting point, but that's all.

10. Gentleman_Dingo

Gentleman_Dingo What's a Dremel?

I'm glad I'm not the only one. I prefer referring to a design as a rough and subject to change. On a commissioned piece, have you ever had any complaints from deviating from the plan or has commentary always waited until the finished product?

11. Gtek

Gtek Doesn't raise the bar; he IS the bar.

Apart from being master modder your very good at making ppl curious Atilla. And it works on me perfectly well :D

Great job as always :thumb:

12. Gentleman_Dingo

Gentleman_Dingo What's a Dremel?

I'm dying for an update Attila! Any progress?

13. Attila

Attila still thinking....

Haha, thanks. But I'm just as curious as you are. :hehe:

Thanks for your interest mf, I did get stuck into the side panels a couple of weeks ago but haven't been able to continue due to some medical issues. I wasn't going to update till at least one side panel was done but this may be some time off. So here is all I can give you.

You may have thought about the cut-outs in the base plate. These are here because part of the side panels fit here and come away when they are opened.

So some 3mm plate is used to fill these spots.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This pic gives you a better idea of how these will work. The side panels open upwards.

[​IMG]

Then some pieces are made to fit to the front cover. Similar pieces will be made for the top and also for the back.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And refined a little.

[​IMG]

Then some shuts are made for the rear. These will need refining as well.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

A similar piece as was fitted to the front will need to go here.

[​IMG]

A lower side piece needs to be made out of some 1.6mm sheet, but this will be cut down extensively.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

That's really all I can show you now. Hopefully I can finish all these tests and find out what's wrong with me so things can get back to normal. :)

14. IcyAero

IcyAero What's a Dremel?

This is just jizz and jizz all over my pants every time I see this handy craftsmanship. :grr:
    Would you be pleased to build a mini-ITX chassis for me in the future? (under 25cm x 30cm 25cm)

:blush:

Keep building, I want more... jizz in my pants? :rock:

15. Waynio

Waynio Relaxing

Awesome usage of angle bar Attila :dremel::) & hope you have ok news mate.

16. AnG3L

AnG3L Ultimate Modder

I bow in front of your skills bro. One word to you. RESPECT.

17. riekmaharg2

riekmaharg2 has completed the PowerCore scratch build

Awesome work as always Attila :thumb:

18. craig - toyoracer

craig - toyoracer Minimodder

Best wishes and hope good health returns quickly :)

and of course nice work :D

19. StonieX

StonieX What's a Dremel?

I wish you all the best with your health Attilla!
    Had some health issues too this week...

I didn´t think that you could improve your skill, but I was wrong. Great work on this case, keep it on dude! ;)

20. Cleveland216

Cleveland216 Carbon Fiber King

hhhmmm! is always what I first think u I see your post. Are you going to be welding some of those covers with those brackets? It is interesting to see how you made the angle Alum piece for like a bracket for the side covers, I am expecting!?

I wish my camera photo's were more like yours:) guess I got to get a better camera;)