1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A/V headset

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by donok, 25 Jun 2011.

1. donok

donok Every Little Helps .....

so schools out in my case its uni and the summer is here. i want to game away my empty hours. however keep pissing off my family as the sound of starcraft at 4am is not something they enjoy.

I have a asus xonar ds and need a headset. its all about performance on this one. i'll pay with blood for something that oozes quality and is on another planet (metaphorically) as i intend to have it strapped to my skull for afew days non-stop at a time.

many thanks in advance

2. donok

logitech G35, razer megalodon, corsair ca-hs1, razer carcharias, these are all that look very cool but i have just started reading the reviews on them

3. bobisgod

bobisgod What's a Dremel?

Sennheiser. Pc350 if you want closed but since you are going to play nonstop, you might want to go open with the pc360

Sent from my Liberty using Tapatalk

4. Sponge12349

Sponge12349 (づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ ︵ ┻━┻

5. The_Beast

The_Beast I like wood ಠ_ಠ

+1 for the ATH-AD700

Just bought a pair a few weeks ago after returning a set of G35s, SOOOO much better even with a integrated sound card. BTW the linked ones are kinda expensive, I got mine for under $100USD. The bass isn't something that will shake your head but you know it's there. Mids and highs are amazing and the soundstage, ****, you might as well be there cause it sure the hell sounds like it. Foot steps are clear as day, you can actually hear echos and just because it doesn't have that gimmicky 5.1/7.1 shiiiit that "gaming" headsets have doesn't mean you don't have good directional sound. You know what gun someone is shooting and where they are, both distance wise and directional wise.

These are open air headphones so people around you can hear what your listening too but it's something you don't really need to worry about unless you're gaming in your parents room with the sound at 100% and you're in bed with them. It's kinda a plus because you don't have to remove your headphones to hear someone talking, just mute the sound.

6. Sponge12349

Thats the cheapest we can get it over hear ;(

7. jamsand

jamsand Minimodder

8. bagman

bagman Minimodder

Get the audio-technica AD700 it is the best gaming headset because it has such a big sound stage.

9. Sponge12349

Dispatched from and sold by Great Deals.
    meh
    ...would rather pay that £20 in some occasions

10. donok

Any reason why you returned the logitech g35? All the reviews say it's pretty good

11. donok

Really enjoy some bass in my audio so have been advised to go with closed headset. Also something with a mic is essential

12. Bede

Bede Minimodder

Carcharias is pretty good. I'm using it without a soundcard atm and I think the bass is a bit weak, but perhaps your DS will improve that.

13. donok

Looks very much to be a trial and error situation depending on what people prefer. What are they returns policies for headsets. Can I check them out or a week and then return them if not happy ?

14. jamsand

jamsand Minimodder

For bass open is better lets it "air"(makes the bass clearer as it doesn't resonate)

15. The_Beast

The_Beast I like wood ಠ_ಠ

They felt cheap and flimsy. And you really couldn't hear footsteps that well because there was too much bass, that could be adjusted with an EQ. Also the software made my computer crash, crash really hard, as in having black screen and having to hard reboot, no crtl+alt+deleting your way out of this one.

Another thing is it doesn't support some games. Try searching Witcher 2 G35

Closed air sets will limit your soundstage but increase your bass AND the resonation. I bought the AD700s just for gaming but was surprised at how well they were at music. Bass, like is said, won't shake your head but it's still there.

Just get a cheap desktop mic or a zalman clip on mic
    http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-Labt...K4LO/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1309025029&sr=8-3

http://www.amazon.com/Zalman-Microp...MTMQ/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1309025008&sr=8-1