1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motors Motorcycle Mayhem

Discussion in 'General' started by RTT, 24 Feb 2009.

1. The RAM

The RAM Minimodder

Good work. Mine is this Wednesday around 9am, so hopefully will get that done and dusted. It's great to be on a bike with ABS for the emergency stop, though it's only ever been used once in all of my lessons! :)

julianmartin likes this.
  2. Tec_

Tec_ What's a Dremel?

good job man! still waiting on pics of the CBR!

julianmartin likes this.
  3. EvilMerc

EvilMerc Minimodder

Went for a ride with both my parents. Apparently I'm a tear-arse.

:lol:

Great weather today, despite the gloomy predictions, Cheddar Gorge was blocked up by some plonker in a Micra doing less than 20 mph all the way up it, cue me and my Dad blasting past them on a short straight stretch :)

4. boiled_elephant

boiled_elephant Merom Celeron 4 lyfe

Ah, people following bikes in cars always think the biker's riding like an idiot when they're (usually) not. I've had that. It's because bikes accelerate SO much faster than cars; there's nothing dangerous about accelerating fast in a straight line, so long as you stop accelerating when you reach an apt speed, but the person in the car sees you tearing away from them and assumes you're riding aggresively.

It works the other way; I often find myself cursing at car drivers for being half-asleep at the wheel and driving like old people, before I remind myself that they're in a car and are probably accelerating as quickly as they comfortably can.

5. EvilMerc

EvilMerc Minimodder

Errr, they were both on bikes.... :worried:

6. boiled_elephant

boiled_elephant Merom Celeron 4 lyfe

Then he probably just is a tear-arse :)

7. Weekly_Estimate

Weekly_Estimate Random bird noises.

Had a major bike crash not so long ago due to oil on the road, Been setting off random panic attacks ever since.

Stay Safe everyone :)

mvagusta likes this.
  8. julianmartin

julianmartin resident cyborg.

Gaaaah got my Mod 2 test in a few hours time - i am BRICKING it!!!

9. EvilMerc

EvilMerc Minimodder

You'll be fine, don't get flustered by the examiner's instructions, as long as you do everything safely you'll be fine. Basically, lifesaver everything and don't take any risks.

10. mrlongbeard

mrlongbeard Multimodder

Be safe, lifesaver as often as needed, don;t speed but for the love of god do not fail on failing to make progress

julianmartin likes this.
  11. julianmartin

Yes, get in, I nailed it, 2 minors!

SO happy!!!!!!!!!!

mvagusta and EvilMerc like this.
  12. EvilMerc

EvilMerc Minimodder

Awesome news, you'll be grinning for the whole day :p

julianmartin likes this.
  13. julianmartin

thanks guys for all the supportive posts!

just got back from a 2 hour ride, that old CBR600F2 I've bought is so fast for such an old bike - got a bit of a shock as I went up the road! None the less, it's a million times better than the ER5 I was learning on, steering so much more balance and precise. I think I need to do some slow control practice around a car park on it though as the clutch is much less forgiving!

14. EvilMerc

EvilMerc Minimodder

I had a go on my friend's XJ6 last night, it's 600cc and has no restrictor....

JESUS CHRIST. I hit 110mph in mere seconds in fourth gear whilst shouting 'OH F***********CK!'. The lack of fairing is rather chilly too.

I envy you people with your powerful bikes, as much as I love my neutered Diversion I long for more power.

15. mars-bar-man

mars-bar-man Side bewb.

How long have you got the restriction on for? 2 years isn't it? Guessing you can't do a DA course yet?

16. EvilMerc

EvilMerc Minimodder

Yep, until 2013 :( I could remove it but in the event of a spill I void my insurance. Alas no, I'm only 19, still, a bike is better than no bike.

17. mars-bar-man

mars-bar-man Side bewb.

Yeah, it's not worth the risk of voiding it. In fairness, the XJ6 isn't going to hang about anyway. Mates 600 Hornet tore off the line when it was restricted.

18. EvilMerc

EvilMerc Minimodder

I'm not saying my bike is particularly slow, but without the restrictor it more than doubles the power and the difference it makes is utterly phenomenal, it's the top end where the difference really lies.

Another thing, despite being exactly the same bikes (the Divvy and XJ6), the difference the fairing makes is huge. It's like riding a whole different bike. Mine feels so much more civilised whereas the XJ6 seems more aggressive, mine's more relaxed whereas the other you feel like hunching over the handlebars and giving it some beans.

19. Tec_

Tec_ What's a Dremel?

you poor European *******s. ive been looking at build logs of street fighters and a lot of them are from across the pond (non America) and you guys have some huge ugly license plates/tags. and now i come to commiserate with you guys and your bikes are under powered.

LOL you guys just cant have any fun.

20. Lovah

Lovah Apple and Canon fanboy

Finally a picture of my toy!
    Have fitted smaller brakelight/indicators and axle sliders. Still debating on a new exhaust.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

mvagusta likes this.