1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News LulzSec hacking group disbands

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by arcticstoat, 27 Jun 2011.

1. jon

jon Chief Phrenologist

The FBI could use them ... :)

2. Drekz

Drekz What's a Dremel?

I don't know if anybody knows this, but at the same time, behind the lines, these guys actually did their victims... a favor you could say.

I know the crime in itself is wrong (and I'm not supporting them in any way), but you can't say the hacking didn't give them an opportunity and chance to beef up the companies' defenses for future, potential intrusions.

3. LeMaltor

LeMaltor >^_^

I too like everyone else is happy these people have gone away so I can get back to using all these terribly insecure websites and stuff.

edit: for spelling fail :p

Last edited: 28 Jun 2011
  4. Speed

Speed I'm all you need!

Insure? lol ;)

5. TWeaK

TWeaK Minimodder

As I understand it, LOIC was supposed to be open to any and everyone to use, but I suppose there might've been some special access required to set targets. LulzSec may or may not have been able to gain access, but in their early days they were going on about being more 'professional' and 'precise' by not using 'teh n00bs', so I doubt they were using it. Still, DDoS wasn't entirely beneath them.

Try the mute button ;)

6. Gundam God

Gundam God What's a Dremel?

LOIC is just the name of a DDoS program, looks like this:

http://www.kagato.webspace.virginmedia.com/LOIC.jpg

7. digitaldave

digitaldave What's a Dremel?

anyone who believes they have stopped is a bit dim, these things happen all the time, the only difference with anon/lulz is they told you about it.

and if you believe they have told you all they know/all their hacks, again you are a bit dim.

the heat is on, BIG time but they are still about on twitter, I expect another name group to appear in time made of the same people taking the micheal out of the eff bee eye

8. Grimloon

Grimloon What's a Dremel?

I'm all for white hat hacking but this black hat crap pisses me off a touch. You want to hack? Fine by me. Sign up for one of the security competitions - no specific rules, just find the vulnerability. A bloke I was at school with just got a job with a major financials firm on that basis alone.

Hacking simply "because you can" and picking any target under the sun is somewhat less than ethical at best and a serious ballache at worst.

9. hexx

hexx What's a Dremel?

LOIC is a tool built for DDoS ing. these kids can't code, they used premade tools, the only thing they can do is (D)DoS and SQLi. They've got no clue. Lulzsec = Anon, as simple as that. Lulzsec has been getting too much heat recently from various sides (TeamP0ison, Th3J35t3r, WhiteHats forums...).

Not too many options, just disband and form something else. follow timelines on twitter of involved parties to find out more

10. hexx

hexx What's a Dremel?

11. r3loaded

r3loaded Minimodder

Looks like a lot of the BT community is going to get arrested on that basis! :eeek:

12. leveller

leveller Yeti Sports 2 - 2011 Champion!

This is worthy of news. Not these lulzsec dicks.

See how it works? You want fame and admiration, then do something worthwhile ...

Tags: Add Tags