1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Games Workshop

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by [ZiiP] NaloaC, 17 Jan 2011.

1. Cerberus90

Cerberus90 Car Spannerer

That looks frikkin AWESOME!!!!!!

damn good job.

2. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

Thanks dude, done some work on the three shields too:

[​IMG]

3. Almightyrastus

Almightyrastus On the jazz.

Just been having a nosey through that Scibor site and there is some pretty awesome stuff on there. They could do with tweaking the guns on some of the SF figures a bit though, they seems to be a bit plain compared to the rest of the model.

4. ccxo

ccxo On top of a hill

What do people find to get them motivated- to get on and paint etc?

As my deadline for a tounramnet painted army is only a few weeks away- still need alot of practice with it.

5. liratheal

Yeah, the Scibor stuff is nice, if a little inconsistent - So much work has clearly gone into the SF Knight Templar I've re-purposed as a marshall, but the stock gun was just pants in comparison.

For me, I have to use a bit of "Can't use the army until it's painted, or at least reasonably well under way", "If I paint X of these, I can paint Y" or simply brute force and ignorance. I am often found painting in stores, though (I know this sounds cocky and jackassy, but it's only because the other people there are players more than painters) because I enjoy being a reasonable painter in public.

That said, I will be painting tonight with a lady friend - That's bound to be motivational.

6. BRAWL

BRAWL Dead and buried.

Whoa Whoa Whoa... Easy now. Don't rush into that... it'll ruin the paintwork >.<

7. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

Why are all those Necrons OOP? They're not canning it are they? Must admit they're the only 40k army that has really interested me.

8. liratheal

She's equally good, if not better - Aside from being a 'nid owner >.>

They're the old metal models, from many moons ago. Necrons are not going anywhere :p They're probably going to be getting some more units, at least, in the next 12 months or so.

9. Almightyrastus

My motivation to get the one and only army I have had painted was my manager at the time saying "come on, you work here, at least have something you can play the games with" and then allowed me to paint whilst working so I got paid for it as well :clap:

I managed to get 1000+ marine army sorted in a week. Well sorted to a standard that they could be used, I went back and added a lot more detailing to them after that and there is still a butt load more I could do.

This was a fair few years ago (late 90s) and I haven't painted anything since. It is not so much motivation that is lacking now, more time.

10. Blademrk

Blademrk Why so serious?

The rumourmill is saying that they're next for an update.

11. ccxo

ccxo On top of a hill

I do have a bit of time at current just need to get dropped off and spend a day in store painting, still need to decide 100% on the paint scheme.

Well since there have been no Necron finecast minatures in the first finecast release and their codex is now the oldest- Sisters of battle will get a white dwarf codex next month so Necrons are a dead certinity proably around August/September.

Ive got quite a few armies that i would like to get finished as once a army is done even to a tabletop standard they do look good but the extra care and detail are worth the time.

12. Almightyrastus

If you want a quick and easy gaming army that can be done up better later, then just go for a very simple scheme, do it very neatly and make sure your bases look good. A neat and well finished base makes everything just look finished.

I went with a sprayed black basecoat, dark blue shoulders then picked out the eyes and metal bits, finishing off with a plain green flocked base with a goblin green coat around the edge and that was it. I got a squad a night done that way.

After a while I went back and added a star field (load of tiny white dots) to the shoulders to add a bit of detail and picked out a few more bits here and there (black and yellow hazard striping around the intakes of the assault squad jump packs worked great), never losing the fact that whatever stage I had to stop at, I still had a useable force whenever I needed it.

13. liratheal

QFT.

Get everything to the same basic level of table-top readiness and then do more detail.

14. ccxo

ccxo On top of a hill

Was in my local GW on thrursday evening, got a bit of paiting done, though manged to forget half my paints and models, which was a good start.

Going with a yellow/white/purple theme for my army, is going to be fun.

15. Almightyrastus

Picked up one of the finecast minis yesterday. Went for the Lord Draigo Grey Knight fella.

LOTS of cleaning up to do on it but thankfully not much in the way of mould lines, the moulds must be clamped together way harder than the rubber jobbies for the metal ones were. They are right with the detail on them, it is pretty amazing. Should be an interesting one to paint although I might have to wait until I have moved house in a couple of weeks.

16. Krazeh

Krazeh Minimodder

[​IMG]

New Forgeworld dreadnought.

17. BRAWL

BRAWL Dead and buried.

Whoa whoa whoa... No... DO NOT LIKE.

18. Krazeh

Krazeh Minimodder

Bah, i think it looks awesome, especially as it's even bigger than ya bog standard dreadnought.

19. BRAWL

BRAWL Dead and buried.

*Sighs* No, it's just wrong... It barely looks Imperial. Plus, where the feth is the sarcaphagus of the Marine supposed to go...

Oh wait, Canon gets disregarded over cool-looks doesn't it -.-

ಠ_ಠ

20. Krazeh

Krazeh Minimodder

[​IMG]

If you can manage to fit a sarcophagus in the one on the left i'm sure you'd be able to get one into the one on the right. And as for it's looks i'm not seeing how it doesn't look Imperial, it looks like an oversized chunky suit of powered armour which is pretty much what a dreadnought is at the end of the day. It's also got to be remembered that these are examples of dreadnoughts from before the Heresy and are based in part on technologies from the Legio Cybernetica. They fit quite well as a cross between the style of the original WH40K dreadnought and the current models and are quite similar to old Epic dreadnought models (altho obviously a lot lot bigger).

Last edited: 3 Jul 2011