1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scratch Build – In Progress Project Quintessence - 29Jun-She's Live- CPU Magazine!

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by voigts, 2 Mar 2010.

1. voigts

voigts What's a Dremel?

2. Editor22

Editor22 E22 | Hex-Gear

Congratulations mate :) definitely well deserved!

3. Gentleman_Dingo

Gentleman_Dingo What's a Dremel?

Congrats! You're a cover-girl!

4. Angel OD

Angel OD Pump Killer

No doubt deserved! It truly is a stunning build! :thumb: Congrats M8! :)

5. Waynio

Waynio Relaxing

:D:thumb: Happy days :clap:.

Again mate big congrats for the front cover feature, bet it's pretty cool seeing your pc on the cover when walking past a magazine rack :D.

$1,500 & a years subscription :jawdrop: :clap: :thumb: oh yeah that rocks, well deserved :).

6. Guest-56605

Guest-56605 Guest

To the victor the spoils :D

Congrats once again voigts :clap::rock: :thumb:

7. AnG3L

AnG3L Ultimate Modder

The beauty on the first page. Old playboy good times I could say! Nerd pr0n Cheesecake lolz ;)
    Congrats for one more time Garry my friend, now I sit and wait for the next mod! :)

8. voigts

voigts What's a Dremel?

Thank you guys. I will admit though that the cover-girl comment makes me cringe a bit. :eyebrow:

I called and they said that the print edition will come out in about a week. They apparently send complimentary copies to Fry's, Microcenter, Comp-USA, and Tiger Direct locations. The prize is awesome. Of course my wife has dibs on most of it, but I did manage to spend $600 on the Pentax KX and a couple of lenses. I bought it slightly used off of Ebay and got a great deal. I feel like the camera is the one thing I really need the most as my point and shoot just doesn't cut it.

Thank you.

I guarantee you will be waiting longer on my next mod than I will on yours at the rate you've been cranking them out!

9. riekmaharg2

riekmaharg2 has completed the PowerCore scratch build

Congrats on the awesome finished scratch build :thumb:, your wood working skills amaze me :), Great new on the mag too.

10. Shael

Shael What's a Dremel?

11. miahallen

miahallen Team IRONMODS - World Champions!

Sweet! :eeek: Cover looks great, and the full story is excellent....but are those HDDs really only 512MB :duh:

12. voigts

voigts What's a Dremel?

Norprene Tubing is Sweet!

After running this setup now for 3 1/2 months straight, I thought I'd give a brief update regarding the tubing. I can't say enough how pleased I am with the black rubber Norprene tubing I used in this build (3/8"ID x 5/8"OD). In this entire time, I've barely added any fluid to top off, and true to its make-up, there is no white plasticizer build up at all. This tubing also seals very well, and hasn't stretched noticeably at all. I've tried just about every tubing, and this stuff is the best by far.

I just switched out the MCP35X pump today for a new one while I am going to RMA the old one. The PWM function never worked on my pump out of the box, and I finally decided to do something about it. I really don't need to have my comp down waiting on my old pump to get RMA'ed, so I went ahead and bought a new one, and I'll just send in the old one and have an extra. It is so nice to see all of my parts just as nice and clean as they were when I fired up the loop months ago. :)

13. miahallen

miahallen Team IRONMODS - World Champions!

Nice! I'm also working with it for the first time in my MAX11Lv3 build, and I'm liking it so far....thanks for the report Gary :)

14. Waynio

Waynio Relaxing

:) Just noticed your new avatar & it looks awesome :D so checked out if there was an update, very good tubing then :):clap: fantastic case again voigts, very nice inside & out :thumb:.

15. RealWeaponX

RealWeaponX What's a Dremel?

This is an amazing build, demonstrating an incredible range of skills!

I've just read the entire project log, and I'm just astounded by the effort that went into this, but the end result is totally worth it. Well done, sir!

16. Watchtown

Watchtown What's a Dremel?

WOOO THATS THIGHT! CONGRATS, AWSOME BUILD

17. One1ros

One1ros What's a Dremel?

Really, this is beautiful. Congrats.

18. KoSoVaR^

KoSoVaR^ Professional Sleever & Modder

You are the number one woodman in this forum dude :D!

19. Wing Zero

Wing Zero Ita-sha owner

Stunning build. Reading about your issue with the pump. I noticed on mine, that Swifttech have reversed the wire colour for the PWM and the fanspeed sensor line. perhaps you may have crossed the wires by mistake.

20. Ygd3n

Ygd3n What's a Dremel?

Why haven't I seen this earlier! Such brilliant woodwork!