1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Steam I just broke steams payment system

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by AndyGoldie, 1 Jul 2011.

1. AndyGoldie

AndyGoldie 60Hz for Streets, 144Hz for Sheets

Was buying the Stronghold series bundle and as I went to pay for it, it bugged out and stuck on "Working..."

I went back to the Store page to try and fix it, the game was still in my basket but I now had the games in my library. I'm afraid to even touch them. No money has come out of any of my accounts.

I've sent steam a support ticket informing them of this because I know they tend to rape your account if your found of scamming or any form of non-legit-game obtaining.

Should I be panicking for my dear steam account or will it all be sunshine and bubblegum?

Also was telling them really the right thing to do?

My mind is crying right now.

2. gilljoy

gilljoy Minimodder

Since you've informed support you should be grand, they'll probably just remove access from your account. Post something on the steam forums as well.

3. jsheff

jsheff What's a Dremel?

With major retailers, I've often found being honest pays dividends. I was once sent a PS2 instead of an el-cheapo DVD player for Christmas for my parents. I let Amazon know, they collected it and when they delivered the DVD player, I was given £30 in vouchers.

To be honest, I was torn until I read the tag that said 'To Timothy, with much love, Grandma and Grandpa'. What monster would deprive little Timmy of a new PS2 for Christmas, eh?

4. greypilgers

greypilgers What's a Dremel?

This has happened to several other people on the current Steam Sale - I think there are a couple of posts about it on this forum. It should all be sorted by Steam )possibly about the time I'm posting this). It would appear that Steam has underestimated the interest in the sales it is offering (unlikely, 'cos there isn't anything yet that screams out BUY ME in the way that some other sales have) or it just doesn't have enough computational monkey magic to cope with people trying to buy stuff all at once, like it used to?

:blah:

5. Whirly

Whirly What's a Dremel?

I once had two top of the range scanners delivered to my house. I was expecting something of a similar size so I just signed on my way out of the door. Didn't get a chance to look in the box that day and then next morning I had another delivery. After a little investigation I discovered an invoice buried within the first package for a school the other side of the country. This was quite a few years ago (early Pentium II days) and the scanners must have been worth quite a bit so you'd think they want them back sharpish.

Believe it or not, it was a nightmare trying to get them returned and they sat in my hall for about 2 weeks before they were finally collected. Then the day after that I had a sales rep from the retailers call me to ask if I'd received a couple of scanners by mistake!

Can't remember who they were but I never used them again.

6. Cerberus90

Cerberus90 Car Spannerer

I had this last night.

I just left it stuck on 'working'. The steam window went white when I clicked, I got asked what I wanted to do by windows, I chose to wait for app to respond. After a while, it worked again and proceeded to the next step as usual.

7. greypilgers

greypilgers What's a Dremel?

WTF?

8. AndyGoldie

AndyGoldie 60Hz for Streets, 144Hz for Sheets

steam seemed to fix it's self. cancelled my ticket when I noticed the games were removed about 4 hours later. finally got to buy the games. either their staff work fast or the steam servers realised something went wrong. also Whirly, LOL