1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Need something constructive to do!

Discussion in 'General' started by DeadP1xels, 7 Jul 2011.

1. DeadP1xels

DeadP1xels Social distancing since 92

I've asked for more hours at work but during the days off i have sweet f all to do on occasion i will hang out with friends but they normally get bored and go home within 20 minutes

I need something constructive to do because everyday i seem to be doing so little it comes to the end of the day and i just feel like its been a complete waste i've thought of maybe going back to modding but what i want to do will cost me alot of money which atm i don't have.

Im bored out of my mind just writing this, i need something that could keep me entertained when i have those days of complete boredom.

2. Steve @ CCL

Steve @ CCL CCL Tech. Support

3. adam_bagpuss

adam_bagpuss Have you tried turning it off/on ?

I think this is a more serious issue than you been bored LOL why do your "friends" leave after 20mins

4. EvilMerc

EvilMerc Minimodder

I'd sort out where all your money's been going, I always see you posting in the 'What's ruining your life?' thread about lack of funds. You seem to complain about working a fair bit, perhaps it's time to find a job you enjoy more? I hate my job but I need the money for what I want to do whilst waiting to join the forces (at the earliest end of this year, more likely next easter/summer).

That's why (and how) I bought myself a motorbike, and I intend on buying an old beat up bike then taking it apart and fixing it. Sort out your money then you can find things to do with it.

5. saspro

saspro IT monkey

Study.

Pick a job you want to do and study for it. If you've got the time free then use it to learn something that will make your life richer (both in the money & happiness stakes).

There are loads of free study guides on the web.

6. DeadP1xels

I dunno there just very easily distracted and don't appreciate a sunny day

its like they'll walk around the local town (which to be fair is small) or the other one thats got alot more shops and stuff to do

but within 30 minutes to an hour there bored and go there seperate ways to end up home and on there ****ing computers it seems pointless to me because they just go back and end up speaking to me :duh:

Occasionally we hang out for alot longer

I need a hobby that is not massively expensive to get started in

@Merc i checked a statement i think the money was me and it just had come out from the account i transfered another £10 from savings to cover the small gone into overdraft and im keeping my eye out daily for any sinister goings on, Honestly my job is pretty bad but the pay is pretty decent for my age and what i have to do im not sure i will find much better yet

I keep my eye out constantly for new jobs though as its not great but still work is work its not supposed to be fun :).

Im thinking about going back into web development but i have no real site ideas.... i've always wanted to start my own online business of some sort particularly selling items that i could make, but without access to machining and other manufacturing processes making a product somebody wants that i could do to order is not easy.

Im just tired of coming out of the end of the day feeling like i wasted a perfectly good day i need some enthusiasm to get something constructive done

7. Fizzban

Fizzban Man of Many Typos

I would suggest reading, but it is not really constructive. Fun and a time-sink, but not constructive. Are there any things around the house that need, you know, fixing? ;)

8. DeadP1xels

This is what im saying in a sense....

I need something i can learn whether it be for a job or just learning more i mean i taught myself most of the html, css and php i know just by giving it a go and looking at code

9. Jipa

Jipa Avoiding the "I guess.." since 2004

All I can say here is that you're definitely not alone! I'm so bored at how things are currently going for me. Endless days just following each other with really little to really enjoy about. For me it's cycling, modding and making reviews that keep me sane, but I'm constantly looking for some more activities..

I'm not really of the "hanging out with friends" kinda sort either, I need something to DO instead of just sitting around, but all hobbies and activities just seem to cost too much.

Not really much help, but believe me there are plenty of us around...

EDIT: anyway, my cure is sports, modding and reading. Maybe not constructive, but they do a good job at keeping my mind off of the "everything's boring"-attitude.

10. Fod

Fod what is the cheesecake?

Buy a camera, take it on walks.

And tidy your rom.

11. Puk

Puk (A shrewd and knavish sprite)

I was going to say something along the lines of Fod, get the rents to stump up for a nice camera, second hand nikon's aren't massive amounts, a D70 is a very good camera and with a couple of lenses can be sourced for less than £200. I know it sounds loads, but its well worth it, and you'll get so much use out of it.

Then get into photoshop and start creating stuff, backgrounds etc, its hard to initially get creative, the guides online are extensive and bewildering. I too taught myself html/java/php and then got into photoshop, tbh i dont code for anything now but i still love to use photoshop!

12. KidMod-Southpaw

KidMod-Southpaw Super Spamming Saiyan

I agree, I got my D50 secondhand and it's a great first DSLR! I also bought the lens from here. Photography and photoshop can interest you whatever your taste.

13. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

Join a volunteer programme. There are plenty of people out there in dire straits, and overstretched and underfunded charities struggling to help them. Any help is always appreciated. You meet interesting people, learn useful life skills and do something productive that will touch people's lives.

Oh, and reading is always, always constructive. Unless it's the tabloids.

Fizzban likes this.
  14. Fizzban

Fizzban Man of Many Typos

Couldn't agree more. Volunteering at a local mental health charity is one of the best decisions I've ever made quite honestly. Best job I've ever had in fact. You meet fascinating people and the charity really appreciate you and the work you do. It's always nice to be appreciated :)

15. DeadP1xels

You saying my rooms not tidy.. :hehe: i do need to do a serious downsizing project and dump my clutter though

Thats a brilliant idea!! i've been looking at a few things similiar i've been watching to do something for charity something big! hard and challenging for upmost support with sponsorship! a friend of mine done a skydive and got £2000 over about a 2 month period

I want to do that but bigger

Anybody know a good direct source for charity events? i did find alot of help the heroes

16. DeathAwaitsU

DeathAwaitsU I'm Back :D

How about sorting out my music folder? lol
    Its a bloody mess and that's a job and a half lol

17. DeadP1xels

I would need to get around to mine first! :D i hate organizing folders usually its once a month when i have no more room for icons on the desktop

Then i go around getting rid of crap

18. MrBobandy

MrBobandy What's a Dremel?

Probably won't keep you occupied for long, but this is something I'm looking at doing:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mJPd2x9CJ0Y

Seems pretty simple and might actually make a difference to the unbearable heat in my room.

19. Cheapskate

Cheapskate Insane? or just stupid?

Build elaborate cardboard castles for the homeless.:naughty:

20. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

Most charities have a website with a section on fund raising and/or volunteering and how to go about it. I'd start fairly modest. Big schemes are harder to realise, whereas you can help out in your local homeless shelter or hospice today.