1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LOL *NSFW* *The new Demote thread*

Discussion in 'General' started by adam_bagpuss, 8 Jul 2011.

1. The_Beast

The_Beast I like wood ಠ_ಠ

[​IMG]

2. Steve @ CCL

Steve @ CCL CCL Tech. Support

Carrie, I'm sorry if you're offended by this topic but I'm not entirely sure what we have done to upset you, this topic is intended to make people laugh with de-motivational posters which are designed to be humorous. demotes get used in almost every other topic here in some way or another this was simply intended to be a place to put them all in for people who like them for what they are.

I don't recall members leaving over the last topic however I do remember some of us getting upset due to one demote that kept popping up involving "Holes" I remember this incident specifically because I was one of the members who had a problem with them, so I can understand that.

However I don't understand why before anything has happened you've gotten upset by this thread? It's all in good fun and supposed to make people laugh. I sincerely apologise if this thread has some how offended you but can you explain why so we can try not to offend anybody else with it?

3. Yorkie

Yorkie Minimodder

[​IMG]

Last edited: 9 Jul 2011
  4. Teelzebub

Teelzebub Up yours GOD,Whats best served cold

Thats why you dont have your own business mate and when was it you joined Oh right long after the Demot thread was closed

5. Volund

Volund Am I supposed to care?

I'll agree with you on Steve and Yorkie, as they are *supposed* to be here in a professional capacity.... but you really sound like the original thread hurt you in some way.... seems like you need a chill pill. especially seeing as you werent even here when the original thread was open.

6. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

[​IMG]

Yay! Demote is back!

@Carrie and Teel: I'm surprised. Of all the people who frequent our little part of the internets, I'd have thought you two would've liked to have seen the return of it :( .

In my opinion, Steve and Yorkie can do whatever the hell they want to in this thread, as long as it doesn't affect their actual work.

Steve @ CCL likes this.
  7. Carrie

Carrie Multimodder

On the contrary, the original thread had no impact on me at all. I was not on the forum when it started, I was not on the forum when it closed.

There have been numerous arguments on this forum about that thread since, go look at feedback/suggestions and you'll see references there to the offence that thread caused other people and that people left this forum because of it.

My point was, in addition to professionalism, the inconsistency being demonstrated within Moderation regarding the reimplementation of a thread that has historically caused this forum problems. The fact I find these pics to be utter sh*t is really neither here nor there.

8. Jaybles

Jaybles Minimodder

Yes true I didn't see the last Demot thread but I wasn't commenting on that. I said that this thread is harmless fun. I haven't seen anything harmful in this thread so far, but I apologise if I am mistaken.

9. yodasarmpit

yodasarmpit Modder

If the demotes and associated posts are not your cup of tea, I suggest that it would be unwise to continue to frequent this perticular thread.

Flibblebot and Pete J like this.
  10. theevilelephant

theevilelephant Minimodder

Fairly sure the mods said that the demot thread would come back, when they closed the old thread. So I don't really see the big issue. On the other hand I was never a massive fan of the old thread but since then General is now full of similar threads... meh, let the pages of tired memes/jokes begin.

11. kenco_uk

kenco_uk I unsuccessfully then tried again

While we're on the subject, no pictures of freakishly large spiders either.

12. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

The reasoning was that people might have moved on a bit. The original demot thread did have some funny material in it, but it degraded and was spoilt by a few persistent negative contributions. It was closed with the idea that when enough time had passed to break the association a bit, we could try again.

The rules are simple: nothing offensive, overtly sexual or misogynist/racist/discriminatory in any other sense. Else this thread is closed.

So I suggest we see how things pan out.

We are not going to take responsibility for whether or how people spend their work time on these forums (I occasionally visit and moderate during my rare lunch breaks myself). CCL employees do not have an obligation to us to row like galley slaves. If they want to spend their working hours on the demot thread, that's between them and their boss.

13. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

IIRC, this was the issue in the first place which people seemed to ignore.
    What, like this?

[​IMG]

:)

14. talladega

talladega I'm Squidward

[​IMG]

15. smc8788

smc8788 Multimodder

So basically, you don't know what you're talking about then? I find it strange that someone could have such a strong opinion on something they didn't even participate in, and therefore have limited knowledge of.

On the whole. the original demot thread was one of the most light-hearted and fun threads on the forum, only when some people got butthurt and arguments started over certain things did it ever get out of hand. I certainly can't think of anyone who left specifically because of that thread, so to say they left in their 'droves' is a complete fallacy. In actual fact the thread had the opposite effect, as many new people joined the forum after finding it through that thread.

I'm pretty sure I've seen you post the same thing before about other threads but it's seems like it's worth reiterating here: if you don't like it, don't click on it - no one's forcing you to read it.

Pete J likes this.
  16. talladega

talladega I'm Squidward

BRB

*looking for patrick vs sparta*

17. Fizzban

Fizzban Man of Many Typos

Wow at the massive overreaction.

And there are people who are (allegedly) not going to shop at CCL because an employee posted here? Really? Really?! Am I the only one who finds that pathetic? Obviously I can't speak for steve's boss, but as far as I'm concerned he can post whatever he likes.

I was here for the last thread, and the majority of it was funny. It did get out of control towards the end, but I see no harm in trying again. After all, this one can be locked just as easily. And I hear Nexxo is just itching to swing the banhammer ;)

Anyways..on with the thread!

[​IMG]

Yorkie likes this.
  18. IvanIvanovich

IvanIvanovich будет глотать вашу душу.

19. kenco_uk

kenco_uk I unsuccessfully then tried again

Ah, you're a wily one! That nearly got me!

20. docodine

docodine killed a guy once

Can this be copied into the first post?

@Carrie and Teezle

You guys sound pretty mad, might I recommend retreating back to your hate thread? Some of us like to lol :lol: