1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Call of Duty MW3 vs Battlefield 3

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by BearC, 10 Jul 2011.

1. BearC

BearC Profound Modification

Which will be the game of the year Bf3 or MW3!!!!!! The 2 best FPS Games meet their third generation and which one will be the game of 2011!!!!! Comment to decide

2. Dwarfer

Dwarfer What's a Dremel?

Comparing the two is like comparing an orange to a banana. They're both FPS but completely different.

BF3 is based on large open-scale warfare involving, planes, helicopters, tanks and pretty much anything else you'd find on a battlefield. Battlefield's main focus is team-play, which is a big plus for me!

COD from what I've seen in he past few years, has much smaller maps, lone wolf soldiers aka no team-play and crammed with unlocks to keep the masses playing.

COD this time round, doesn't seem to offer anything new and looks like a skin mod on top of it's over-rated engine! BF3 has being built up from the bottom, uses DX11 to it's full potential, facial and body movement animations have being taken from EA Sports (to allow realistic movements) and the whole game just looks fantastic. But comparing them is not possible!

3. wyx087

wyx087 Homeworld 3 is happening!!

oh dear.

FYI, CoD isn't on its third generation. the MW3 name doesn't mean anything.

4. DragunovHUN

DragunovHUN Modder

NO NO NO NO NO NO

STOP
    BACK AWAY FROM THE REPLY BUTTON
    (also, hammertime)

5. smc8788

smc8788 Multimodder

Neither.

6. Elton

Elton Officially a Whisky Nerd

Does it matter? Both do their respective roles well. MW satisfies my relfex shooting (well MW1 anyhow) and BFBC2 allows me to blow **** up and tactically blow **** up.

7. sotu1

sotu1 Ex-Modder

4 posts? Someone's flame baiting...

8. Archtronics

Archtronics Minimodder

Elderscrolls will win game of the year !!!

9. Ph4ZeD

Ph4ZeD What's a Dremel?

Nice troll.

10. EvilMerc

EvilMerc Minimodder

MW3, based upon Quake 3 tech, no innovation, scripted, lapped up by the masses.
    BF3, based upon Frostbite 2 tech, innovative, mostly unscripted, probably going to take a huge dump on MW's crown.

11. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

not this **** again :duh:

12. [PUNK] crompers

[PUNK] crompers Dremedial

on the PC at least BF3 will be king

nice troll btw

13. TheStockBroker

TheStockBroker Modder

Troll detected.

U Mad Bro?

14. suenstar

suenstar Collector of Things

Out of those two the GOTY would be CoD Modern Warfare 3, not because it is a better game (as mentioned they hold pretty much nothing that competes with the other) but because the CoD games get some pretty hefty advertising thrown out there and are extremely well marketed to a mass audience.

At present, if I was a betting man my money would go on either Skyrim or the new Batman game claiming GOTY for the PC. From what I've seen/read about these two games... also by how amazingly well received previous releases were, I could see it as a safe bet to think it would be one of them.
    Unless something tragic or utterly ridiculous happens during the development of those games that forces them back into 2012.

15. spectre456

spectre456 What's a Dremel?

is that you warrior 24_7?

16. BearC

BearC Profound Modification

Someone on the internet has been a sneaky, sneaky snake. If you type modernwarfare3.com into your browser, you’ll find yourself redirected to the Battlefield 3 home page. CVG report that the domain name was registered by a private user, so it could be EA, or a Battlefield fan pulling a fast one over Activision. Many will see it as the latest happening in a war of words between the two publishers over the two giant shooter franchises.

There’s more than three months to go until Battlefield 3 is released on October 25. If the EA/Activision conflict escalates at the same rate over the coming months then the two publishers could end up taking arms and doing battle on the streets of LA. Why can’t everyone just be friends? The two teams could merge and release Modern Battlefield 4: War of Warfare and rule the sales charts forever.

17. will_123

will_123 Small childs brain in a big body

I plan on getting both to be quite honest. I don't enjoy modern warfare online to much but I do enjoy the Michael Bay type story its fun and amusing.

18. stefan442

stefan442 Minimodder

cod on console and im going to purchase my first ever battlefield on the pc! but that does involve a new gfx card! dont think my 4850 will take it. only 512 gddr3 :'(

19. sb89

sb89 What's a Dremel?

I don't think either will win GotY, I'll go for Skyrim.

Both Battlefield 3 and CoD:MW3 will be a massive success though.

20. 3lusive

3lusive Minimodder

Sorry dude if you didnt already know but the bittech gaming forum = battlefield fanboyism. Unless you brown-nose the holy crap off BF theres no point even posting trololol

You're not allowed to like both around here