1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scratch Build – In Progress COMPLETED - Watercooled CarPC - November 12th. Danish CaseModding Champion! :)

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by Angel OD, 20 Apr 2011.

1. AnG3L

AnG3L Ultimate Modder

Sorry to hear about that bro and I wish all the best. Life is a journey with a temporary end as we continue our trip to the other side were no pain exists. This is what I want to hope at least. Give your granddad my love from Cyprus and if you want anyone to talk bro I will be here. Keep on rollin dude

2. Angel OD

Angel OD Pump Killer

Thx for the kind words guys! :thumb:

Long story short: They put him in the hospital and it seems he's getting better. He should be able to go home within the next cpl of days. 5-10 years more might be reaching for impossible, but he still has his sence of humour so what will be will be! :)

I also got a bit of modding done after I got home.

I have not been able to leaktest yet, but I will do that during the weekend!

Since the case will be hanging in my trunk I had to make some brackets for it.

Holes for mounting in the mill:

[​IMG]

Made at tool to mount them on with 4 screws, while being milled:

[​IMG]

And done:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Just needs a couple of threads in the top, and they are ready to go.

So if luck happens for once in a mod, I should be getting this little purrrty thing done during next week! :thumb:

C ya soon with an update on the leaktest! :)

Last edited: 18 Sep 2011
  3. -Jv-

-Jv- What's a Dremel?

Great news both for the case and your grandfather !

Little bit off-topic: I just ordered the pc, touchscreen, steering wheel controller and GPS receiver. Oh and also a 5 channel amp to make it go boom. So I might post a worklog about my little project too :) Not in this section as I won't be actually modding the case. So i'm joining the little car-pc club ! (It's acutally my first car, or even after-market radio for that matter so I wanted to do it right from the start)

4. AnG3L

AnG3L Ultimate Modder

Good news and awesome modding once more! I hope that the mod wont cost more than the car as this is going to be the biggest overkill ever!!!!!!! :lol:

5. PR1ME

PR1ME More ideas than talent or money.

EPICNESS ... this thread is FULL of it! Amazing work Angel. So seldom do skill, creativity and desire meet in a location like your work seems to do on a regular basis.

6. Cheapskate

Cheapskate Insane? or just stupid?

See.:D Just gas.:thumb:

7. Angel OD

Angel OD Pump Killer

With the tax we have on cars in Denmark, there is no danger that the build will be more expensive! :lol:

I actually think it has cost me around... $200 including the pc I bought on Ebay 3 years ago! :thumb: (The Pc, not the car! :lol: )

I DO believe the "UNLimited Edition Wii" was a bit more overkill, but hey! :)

Damn... That's a lot of credit! Ty very much sir! :)

I'll spare you the details, but you are actually closer than you think! :lol:

8. Angel OD

Angel OD Pump Killer

Sooo... I just had the best saturday morning in ... years I think! :)

But this was brutally shattered to pieces when I wanted to leaktest...

All was setup to go:

[​IMG]

You are not gonna believe this... Wait, actually you are! The pump does not work anymore... No sign of any magnetic activity at all... Gonna try to see if I can get the aluminum housing off on monday to take a look, if not... Dunno right now... Probably gonna order 2 new pumps so I have an extra lying around! :(

C ya soon!

Ps. NO pOPe, it's not funny! :lol:

9. riekmaharg2

riekmaharg2 has completed the PowerCore scratch build

Nice work on the epic brackets :thumb:. Bad news on the pump :( correct me if I'm wrong but you didn't even mod any of the internal electrical parts did you? If so isn't it more likely to be the magnet on the impeller thats to fault?

10. bulldogjeff

bulldogjeff The modding head is firmly back on.

I feel your pain dude, I've had a few set backs lately. That said I've been looking back at the stuff I've missed and it all looks so damn good, you really should start selling your stuff, it's way better than anything on the market. I'm sure what ever it is, you'll get it sorted.

11. Waynio

Waynio Relaxing

Awesome news about your Gdad/dad :rock::), hope you manage to get the pump working it is waaaay too awesome for it to not work.

12. Attila

Attila still thinking....

Lovely work once again! :thumb: Those brackets are particularly sessy. :eek:

13. Cheapskate

Cheapskate Insane? or just stupid?

Blame the Pope!:D He jinxed ya!

14. Angel OD

Angel OD Pump Killer

Ty very much! :)

You are not wrong at all! That's why it's so mindblowingly annoying! After you wrote this, I actually found the other impeller I had and tested it. Nothing... And there is no taking this thing apart either... But thx for the idea though! :thumb:

Think I'm gonna order 2 new pumps tomorrow, they should be here from the states during the week I think! :) Then I can just mill out the old pump from the aluminum housing and reuse that! :)

I'd say that your setbacks were worse than mine! :)

Nah, not gonna make any money doing these things. It's way too time-consuming versus the money I can get for it! :)

Ty very much! :) One live Granddad, one dead pump... I'd take that! :lol:

Ty very much! :) The brackets were thought up, designed and machined within 1½ hours! :)

I will... Trust me I will! :lol: I'm probably gonna be somewhere around his neighbourhood this summer... Maybe the burning plasticbag with poo in it would be a suitable revenge! :lol:

15. BOBDBONE

BOBDBONE Owner at BS Mods

Aww man that sux dude! Nothing worse than being all excited to check out your awesome work and then "poof" DENIED!

You'll get it sorted out and all will be good soon. It's really looking great.

16. Achron

Achron Cad Pro Quo

Hate to say I told you so...

Actually, I don't :clap:.

You'll get it working, though!

17. AnG3L

AnG3L Ultimate Modder

Oups thats not good bro but hey this is modding! You learn, you fix the mistake, you become better!!! Mod on bro, your job is fantastic this is a minor problem no worries!!! :)

18. Angel OD

Angel OD Pump Killer

Yeah, it really hurts!
    Thx for the words of comfort, I hope you are right! :thumb:

Don't want to ruin your buzz, but I still don't think it's because of the aluminum impeller! :)

But then again, I have no idea what happened... :(

Yup, it's a part of the game. What anoys me though, is the fact that I have NO idea what went wrong... Normally I can see/hear/have an idea of why stuff is broken... But not here!

You are right, it IS a minor problem. I just ordered 2 new identical pumps, and I hope they will be here during the week! :)

19. AnG3L

AnG3L Ultimate Modder

My opinion is to find the exact cause of the problem before proceeding to other pump modding adventures!!! I have a suspicion that it has something to do with the magnet and the aluminum part. Not a good combination. Check what plastic parts are (where) on the pump and see your modded pump and compare!

20. mnpctech

mnpctech bit-tech sponsor

The pump set back is minor. You could install a beige fish tank pump in what you've done already and my jaw would still be on the floor. :D