1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gaming Crysis 2 DirectX 11 Patch Analysis

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Lizard, 8 Jul 2011.

1. impar

impar Minimodder

Greetings!
    Purely cosmetic virtual hats. Some of the hats released in the Mann-conomy update, when used with the rest of the itens, do add some ability to the wearer, though.

PS:
    http://tf2wiki.net/wiki/Mann-Conomy_Update

2. Star*Dagger

Star*Dagger What's a Dremel?

If you are a PC Gamer then you have a card that is DX11 capable, most likely you have one that is more than capable, if you do not you are not serious about playing games like this in any case.

PC Gaming is a hobby, and a very inexpensive one. With 1000€ a year you can more than satisfy the hunger of the most resource draining games.

Graphics cards life is measured in months not years. Plan on upgrading every 11 months, your CPU can handle a 18 month cycle,

enjoy the show.

3. rogerrabbits

rogerrabbits What's a Dremel?

Yeah that must be it :hehe: :rolleyes:

4. thehippoz

thehippoz What's a Dremel?

you have to had played the first one.. the physics are definitely not the same.. it was consolified but what isn't.. best game this year was assassins creed brotherhood for pc imo just fun and had some really good control- still amazes me how many people it took to make it

witcher 2 was pretty good too.. by far the worst game had to be dead space 2 :p I mean you had to wipe the koolaid from your lips after than one, it was so bad compared to the original- and on it's own it was bad

5. feathers

feathers Minimodder

I tried Assassins Creed. Didn't like it. It's very rare that I will tolerate 3rd person (I made an exception for Dark Sector). Creed just files like a total console game to me. Dead Space 2 bored me. I bought Witcher 1 because of the reviews and pretty scenery so I may get 2 as well eventually. Oh, Mass Effect series is 3rd person I like. Very impressive.

6. wyx087

wyx087 Homeworld 3 is happening!!

assassin's creed IS console game, there's no denying about that.

i really don't know how you can like C2 so much when you've played C1. you must have been playing C1 with the same play style as C2: cloak->shoot->cloak->shoot. my problem with core gameplay of C2 is that there is only 1 play style. C1 and warhead offers MUCH more play style options.

7. feathers

feathers Minimodder

Indeed. Cloak/shoot/cloak. I'm not going to risk getting my nuts shot off by running around uncloaked. It is possible to play C2 with brute force though and using objects to hide behind. Snipe and duck, grenades, guns if enemy closes in. Later in game you can also throw down C4. Also when the agile aliens come at you they can be deadly but go into power mode and you can dodge and get enough shots into them. So actually I don't always use cloak, there are times when I stay visible and fight it out.

8. x5pilot

x5pilot Fragile explosion

Loads of thanks to Crytek for launching the DX11 patch and the extras.
    I really hope that this sets a benchmark going forward for visuals - Battlefield 3 pls take note!
    However, as the reviews say, its really hard to look for and find the visual differences tha the new texture and DX11 patch makes! I was questioning my eyesight when I just couldnt understand why I wasnt seen a major visual difference to justify the 2.5 GB download and not to mention the documented work that the Crytek boys put in.
    I guess like the review says, the visuals pre-DX11 were already so high at game release, it made any improvements hard to spot.
    Imagine playing Crysis2 first on a Xbox and then playing again on a Ultra DX11 setting PC!!

9. wyx087

so how does that play style differ from, Halo or CoD or any other modern shooters?

with C1. have you tried setting traps alone enemy's route, or create confusion then slip pass them? or just go fisticuffs on their ass :lol:

10. mikemorton

mikemorton Minimodder

One of the most obvious things to me were the dead bodies in the hazardous environment suits lying in the building near the beginning of the game.

They looked particularly poor in the pre-DX11 version.

And if you stare hard enough and long enough at those new brick textures, you learn to love them too. ;)

11. feathers

feathers Minimodder

I don't know if it does differ from Halo or COD. Only Halo I played was when it was released on PC many years ago. Hated it. COD I got bored with after the first modern warfare. Favourite COD is number 2.

I may have used diversionary tactics once in C2. I must say the aliens are quite agile and devious. Throw a grenade at them and they will do anything they can to get out of it's way and usually they manage to avoid it.

12. feathers

feathers Minimodder

Re: DX11 graphics in C2...

The textures were very impressive even in DX9 so the differences aren't so apparent, the tessellation is impressive. I stood beside a tree on a rooftop and noticed the detail in the bark and the sun light rays around the branches. There was an overturned small oil can, the oil had spilled out and produced a rainbow of colours. On another rooftop, an array of solar panels. Not just fixed scenery, you could break each panel. Nearby office buildings you could shoot the windows even though the buildings were scenery.

13. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

now i know you're full ot ****.

can a mod lock this thread? its getting pointless.

14. feathers

feathers Minimodder

Perhaps C2 looks crap on your system? And why do you want to stop everyone from posting? You seem like an arrogant **** to me.

Right from the start of C2 it is apparent that many of the textures are high resolution. From the detail in the characters onboard the sub to the broken building you wake up in. As others have stated, C2 looked good even in DX9 so I suggest you upgrade your 8600GT and ditch the dual core AMD.

15. wyx087

dodging nades, how impressive.

i suggest you study play style of this superb Crysis player, and then watch him get forced to play like a first time C1 player on Crysis 2.

www.youtube.com/user/NanosuitNinja

and FYI, don't insult Gunsmith's system, you will be sorry later on.

16. feathers

feathers Minimodder

I hope gunsmiths system is better than his eyesight. C2 on DX9 looks better than most other PC games in DX 10 or 11.

Sad for the superb crysis player forced to play like a noob on c2. Why can't life ever be like we expect eh?

17. jimmyjj

jimmyjj Minimodder

Pretty interesting that the discussion is broadly 50:50. It is certainly a topic that has polarised opinion pretty evenly.

18. thehippoz

thehippoz What's a Dremel?

it's more people who've played crysis and warhead.. and those who've only ever played crysis 2 :p kind of like fallout 3.. even though I liked fallout 3

19. feathers

feathers Minimodder

I've played and completed Crysis. I don't take these games too seriously. Not enough to throw a hissy-fit because the gameplay changes. For me C2 is a cinematic experience complete with surround sound and body vibration. It's something I will play until I complete and then maybe once in a while on-line. For me it doesn't become my sole purpose for living hence I don't give a **** how the gameplay differs from the first one. The game is interesting enough in it's own right to keep me playing until the end. Something not every game can do.

20. Aracos

Aracos What's a Dremel?

He has 2 GTX570's.....I think he was considering getting a third....

Tags: Add Tags