1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Graphics EVGA 1280MB GeForce GTX 570 HD Superclocked uses GTX 560 ti board?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Bungletron, 20 Jul 2011.

1. Bungletron

Bungletron Minimodder

Hi

I was thinking of upgrading to GTX 570 and saw this EVGA model that deviates from the Nvidia reference:

http://www.scan.co.uk/products/1280...mhz-gddr5-gpu-797mhz-shader-1594mhz-480-cores

However while it deviates from the Nvidia GTX 570 reference it appears not to use a custom EVGA design but looks alarmingly just like a reference GTX 560 Ti, compare:

http://www.scan.co.uk/products/1gb-...0mhz-shader-1800mhz-384-cores-dvi-i-mini-hdmi

I cannot find much information, nor have I found pics under the hood, I suspect the board is the same and just has the chip swapped out.

Has anyone got a EVGA GTX 560 HD, if so can they confirm this? If it is mostly a 560 ti board and cooler is it good enough to cope with a 570 or am I better off getting the reference 570 board?

Last edited: 20 Jul 2011
  2. Bloody_Pete

Bloody_Pete Technophile

Well, it wont be exactly the same board, as the chips are radically different. They probably just has a load of those coolers left over and are dumping them...

3. aka_jesse

aka_jesse What's a Dremel?

probably just the same cooler. i'm pretty sure that 570 has been out since the 570 came out and haven't heard anything bad about it, so i guess it's up to the job.

4. thetrashcanman

thetrashcanman Angel headed hipsters

I think it's just a 560 ti cooler, but i know it isn't a reference GTX 570 PCB, don't think its a 560 ti PCB though

5. IvanIvanovich

IvanIvanovich будет глотать вашу душу.

They definitely are not the same pcb as 560. It is the same cooler design as 560 cards. evga also has 2 other cooler designs on 570 cards. One with the fan in the back of the cooler with reference pcb which is longer, and a cooler that has 2 fans which has the non reference pcb.
    No idea how effective that cooler is on 570, but it is fairly good on the 560ti.

6. Madness_3d

Madness_3d Bit-Tech/Asus OC Winner

The "HD" cards weren't out when the 570 was launched to my knowledge, I've been keeping an eye on EVGA 570's because I was considering buying a couple. I'd personally avoid it and try and get a reference cooled one. If it were mine I'd want all that heat out my case not warming everything else up :)

7. jizwizard

jizwizard Modder

dont be put off by this card. i have the exact one and i have overclocked the hell out of it. this card beats my mates gigabyte 580 in all the games we play granted his is not overclocked but for the money you will not go wrong. also it runs very cool and quiet. will be purchasing another one in the next few weeks for some sli fun.

8. Bungletron

Bungletron Minimodder

Just to be sure, your sig says ' EVGA 570 SC' and the one I am specifically looking at is the EVGA 570 HD SC, you have got the HD version then? EVGA do make a reference card SC version too, its about £40 more expensive tho...

9. thetrashcanman

thetrashcanman Angel headed hipsters

just get a cheap stock GTX 570, EVGA or otherwise and be done with it, the reference cooler is great, they overclock well, at least the ones I've tried have and there quiet. The only advantage of that HD version in my eye's really is the display port, but seeing as you don't need a display port or display port monitor to run 3 monitor's from geforce cards or unless you have a display port monitor, there really is no point getting that HD 570 card

10. jizwizard

jizwizard Modder

sorry it is the hd sc version just not put that in my sig yet

11. Bungletron

Bungletron Minimodder

My intention was to get the cheapest GTX 570 model, just so happened that due to stock issues at Scan it is not the reference at the moment, it is the EVGA 560 ti cooler model plus its overclock, decisions, decisions...