1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motors Motorcycle Mayhem

Discussion in 'General' started by RTT, 24 Feb 2009.

1. mars-bar-man

mars-bar-man Side bewb.

That's just incredible... how he didn't end up in a truck I don't know. Horrific riding...

2. Kovoet

Kovoet What's a Dremel?

3. boiled_elephant

boiled_elephant Merom Celeron 4 lyfe

Delicious slow motion is delicious.

Oh, that reminds me, I got the documentary Faster on DVD for my birthday, still gotta watch it. I started watching it via a downloaded copy and it was superb, really interesting. I recommend it. (What am I saying, most regulars in this thread have probably already watched it :))

4. Xir

Xir Modder

Well you see the naked ones ER6-N more often (yours looks like the ER6-F), the engine is supposed to be quite good.
    Also the Versys is quite popular.

5. Xir

Xir Modder

We just had the MotoGP here..
    an absolute brilliant madness with 230000 visitors :D

6. Xir

Xir Modder

Hmmm, nothing MCN wouldn't celebrate either...
    Appearently there's a group of motorcycle riders that thinks this kind of driving normal and necessary.
    Austria's motorcycle magazine "Der Reitwagen" is similar.

7. Tec_

Tec_ What's a Dremel?

i love every thing about this pic

[​IMG]

8. mvagusta

mvagusta Did a skid that went for two weeks.

Nice :D

Slightly more impressive was this sexy chick that came out riding with us every now and then, she'd love to cruise down the freeway with us, taking bends and overtaking cars, but she'd be completely stretched out, totally horizontal, like she was laying on a couch watching TV :eeek:

9. Xir

Xir Modder

Feet forward or feet backward?

10. markc123

markc123 What's a Dremel?

Reminds me of my GS125 - that's about the body position required for getting past 70mph. Never though of shifting like that though. It'll be back on the road next week so it can be passed onto a friend who has just done his CBT - good to have that newbie enthusiasm around again.

11. boiled_elephant

boiled_elephant Merom Celeron 4 lyfe

Putting your feet over the handlebars is the reserved domain of total psychos.

There is a pretty cool video on youtube somewhere of a guy doing it on the motorway while using his phone, though.

12. mvagusta

Feet at the back, legs on the rear seat, ass sideways on the seat, one arm resting with one hand on her hip, other on the tank, under her head... it was the sexiest and most dangerous thing you could watch, blows Lara Croft out of the water.

The only thing she could have done to top that, would be to have a gun in one hand, whilst sucking on a lolly pop :naughty:

Total psycho's aren't the guys who would ride with their feet on seat, as in standing up, and the guys who sat on the tank, feet over the bars, whilst doing stoppies/endos :jawdrop: As impressive as they were to watch, they had nothing on supergirl... I forget her name... it was something slightly exotic.. she looked a bit like a young version of Fergie from black eyed peas... I'll be back in a minute..

13. julianmartin

julianmartin resident cyborg.

So how stupid is this....

I bought a pair of Dainese Bruce trousers the other day, waterproof, Gore-Tex, £199 - top of the line shizzle, the works. I wanted to be dry, basically.

Went out for a ride yesterday for the first time in heavy rain, had my HTC Desire HD in the pocket of the trousers, which, being goretex, I assumed would be fine, right?

Got home, and it was SOAKED through. Now completely borked.

The more I looked at the trousers, I noticed the outer layer is some breathable material, the inner layer being goretex, and for some, unknown, insanely stupid reason, the pocket is actually BETWEEN the two and not even made from goretex! WTH!!!

Reckon I have any recourse over this ? Not sure phone insurance will roll with it seeing as it is water damage :(

mvagusta likes this.
  14. Chr!s

Chr!s What's a Dremel?

Should of bought Spada podiums ;)

15. Xir

Xir Modder

I hope you're looking for a picture of that :D
    for some reason, that's normal. :jawdrop: Probably very difficult/expensive to have a lot of cuts and zippers in the gore-tex.
    Very popular is also the "inner vest can be taken out of jacket" variant, which removes the gore-tex completely.
    Sounds great at first.
    But If you think about it, this means the complete outer jacket, protectors, stuffing and lining WILL BE SOAKED. :wallbash:

mvagusta likes this.
  16. teamtd11

teamtd11 *Custom User Title*

Just bought myself this :)
    [​IMG]

mvagusta likes this.
  17. Fisher.

Fisher. partially impartial

18. EvilMerc

EvilMerc Minimodder

What engine's that got in it? My mum's got a 250 Yamaha scooter and it's surprisingly nippy but I wouldn't be caught dead on one. :lol:

19. Xir

Xir Modder

What the heck is that?
    A PCX?

20. mvagusta

That sux :miffed:

I hope you dried it out asap! As in remove everything you can, battery, sim, memory card, open any covers possible, etc, and use a hairdryer on hot for about 5-10 minutes.

I've rescued quite a few phones this way, you'd have to be really unlucky to cause any permanent damage by shorting out something with water, due to the low voltage.