1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gaming Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Preview

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by arcticstoat, 22 Jul 2011.

1. tom_hargreaves

tom_hargreaves Comfy shoe wearer

Be more cliché please.

2. oatey4519

oatey4519 can't be arsed...

:naughty:

3. BRAWL

BRAWL Dead and buried.

Joe I read the first two parts of the review and instantly went "Right so regardless of this being YET ANOTHER P.O.S COD game, he's deciding to try and ignore the annoying bad bits about it that have occured in game after game since MW2." That's not the way you should be conducting yourself sir... write about how YOU feel about the game. Not whats going to create more revenue stream.

Also, BF3 versus MW3... this could get intresting.

4. Otis1337

Otis1337 aka - Ripp3r

5. MaverickWill

MaverickWill Dirty CPC Mackem

You may want to read the rest of it... >.>

6. lacuna

lacuna Minimodder

I played through MW2 but I had no inclination to replay it so just sold it. Can't see what the controversy was over 'No Russian', the only disappointment was that you couldn't run -could've have killed far more if you could run!

7. Blademrk

Blademrk Why so serious?

+1, tbh. Joe did write how he felt about the game...

I haven't played a COD game since the 2nd one (actually, I tell a lie, I did play RoboCod on the psp during the free playstation+ period last month).

8. StoneyMahoney

StoneyMahoney What's a Dremel?

There will always be an influx of gamers who haven't played stuff like that and who will enjoy it immensely, just like many of us did back when it was CoD vs MoH. As they become increasingly marginalised, so the games they play will also. Or at least, they should anyway. That's what really bugs us about MW et al, they just won't go away like the anachronisms that they are. Gaming is supposed to be moving along - why are they still here? Their 10 minutes was up years ago.

9. dicobalt

dicobalt What's a Dremel?

10. damien c

damien c Mad FPS Gamer

Well I am not sure about MW3, I love the COD games because I enjoy the fast paced action etc.

My problem with COD is the fact that as a PC gamer the COD games since MW2 are full of people with Aimbot's and Wallhack's, because they insist on using a ANTI CHEAT SYSTEM that is about as much use as a ashtray on a motorbike, believe it or not but there are already cheat's ready for the release day of MW3 as the ones for MW2 will work with it.

The graphic's on COD have not improved at all since MW2 and infact they are worse on Black Op's than MW2, and we already know that MW3 is going to be another PI** Poor console port that according to Robert Bowling (IDIOT) is going, to have PC exclusive features like "Abillity to change resolution" and not to forget "PC Exclusive AA/AF".

Not to mention the fact that apparently the only platform that is going to have dedicated server's for this game is Xbox, and PC and PS3 will all be using P2P connections, but if they do use dedicated servers I hope they are not the crappy servers that we have with Black Flops where you cannot even choose the game length or time length etc.

For me Battlefield 3 is potentially where my money is going because of the graphic's, but the gameplay I think is going to be a carbon copy of BFBC2 and that will stop me from buying it.

I cannot wait to see if Dice are going to do another version of MOH but hopefully if they do they don't do a carbon copy of BFBC2 and stick MOH on the label on it.

11. llamafur

llamafur WaterCooled fool

I'm never buying a COD game again. It isn't worth the money.

12. Flip

Flip What's a Dremel?

I will proberly end up getting it just to play with my online buddies.
    I would rather not but it only needs one to say it aint that bad and I know we will buy it.

13. paisa666

paisa666 I WILL END YOU!!!

So you're saying lets forget about reviewing videogames and enjoy every crap launch out there!!!

No Sir... COD: MW3 sucks like the previus one and the world needs to know!!!!

14. hexx

hexx What's a Dremel?

CoD 4 player here, the last good one

15. victorres2

victorres2 DONT LOOK FOR THE EASY WAY OUT

to paisa666: i dont mean dont review it, i mean review it for what it is not from your own lack of interest.
    to me the writer feels like he was forced to review the game and just did to get his paycheck.

and to all the gamers that want bf3 simplly because of the better graphics...................i dont get you guys, i mean of course i would want awesome graphics at the highest frame rates and resolution etc.

but how many of you really pay attention to all that detail when you are deep in a game full of action in where you are killing beings and worry about getting killed just spraying bullet like idiots.

slower games like the elders scrolls are the games that deserve those kind of high end graphics.

for me mw3/bf3 should have the highest frame rate possible and done.

16. Dwarfer

Dwarfer What's a Dremel?

Same

Different

Disk

17. pimlicosound

pimlicosound What's a Dremel?

Joe also specifically wrote that he wasn't writing from one of the extreme positions so as to boost revenue from clicks, but that he was trying to write a more balanced and honest piece, which I think he did.

18. Kaihekoa

Kaihekoa What's a Dremel?

Another year, another COD-prefixed military shooter with recycled models, textures, sound effects, characters, story, gameplay, character progression, and features - all for $60 plus $15 map packs and now a monthly subscription service. Activision must be laughing at all the money they make while expending so little. They will probably spend more on marketing than the actual development of the game.

19. metarinka

metarinka What's a Dremel?

maybe I'm one of the rare ones, but as a long time FPS player I have to say I haven't found better multiplayer gaming experience than MW2, I've been around since the doom and quake days. and I played a lot of Counter-strike.

For the most part MW2 had some very good gun mechanics and tight gameplay. I like the battlefied series and look forward to bf3, but I don't like the look they choose, the HUD has these neon colors and diamonds that seem out of place. Plus the guns in BFBC2 feel much more floaty than in MW2. I loved battlefied 2, for it's vehicles and such, but it's a double edged sword.

I have a wait and see approach, the big thing will be if they trash the lobby system and get proper dedicated servers. That alone will be a big improvement. IF they have the same tight gameplay as MW2 (that black ops did not have) I'll be back. I'm not expecting some drastic new thing in the campaign as long as it's fun and the scripted events are over the top as always.

20. Unknownsock

Unknownsock What's a Dremel?

Blops was OK but i truly regret paying for £40 for it.
    Never again.

If BF3 is as good as I hope I don't see any reason to buy another game till ME3's release.

Tags: Add Tags