1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Music Amy Winehouse is dead

Discussion in 'General' started by Gunsmith, 23 Jul 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. knuck

knuck Hate your face

Let's not do the Ryan Dunn thread all over again, shall we ? Nobody should be happy she's dead. She didn't eat your children after all

2. Canon

Canon Reformed

what the...?

3. Ph4ZeD

Ph4ZeD What's a Dremel?

Your the one who decided that someone's mental health issues were solely the fault of someone else, and that they should take the blame. If you want to express an opinion, be prepared to defend it. If you can't take criticism, then stick to the hardware section of the forums.

4. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

Speak for yourself...

5. Throbbi

Throbbi What's a Dremel?

God damn it Nexxo types faster than me :lol:

6. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

look what i have created :waah:

7. erratum1

erratum1 What's a Dremel?

I wasn't a fan but still 27 is no age to die.

Some of the comments are disgraceful you should be ashamed, I thought people on this forum were better than that.

All people want to do is bitch and rant.

8. Throbbi

Throbbi What's a Dremel?

Ok. Defend it.

At 23 Amy Winehouse was only just breaking into the mainstream media after a period of being largely a club artist. She freely admitted that during this transition she felt overwhelmed by the attention the media suddenly pushed upon her. Also during this time she met (at the Mercury Music Awards i believe)a little smacked up bell-end from some shite band called Babyfondlers or something. This 'man' introduced her to the seedier side of celeb life (especially surrounding music) with the drug filled parties and the like.

I think the rest is fairly self explanatory bearing in mind the fact that she had hardly even been much of a drinker let alone trying anything else and suddenly it's all around her. A couple of drinks too many and the offer is made of something else.....

I will admit i worded that post wrongly, it's not wholly down to him, but the fact remains that it's likely she wouldn't have been in such a situation until much later i.e. after she had had time to get used to the celebrity lifestyle and be made aware of the dangers therein. Now that i think about it, the record company should have some blame too.

It's shocking that this continues to happen despite the number of times it's happened in the past. Sadly the 27 club remains as strong as ever.

9. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

I think it is very sad, but by no means a surprise. :sigh:

If, on the other hand, Pete Doherty were to pop his clogs it wouldn't register on my care-o-meter.

10. Stewb

Stewb What's a Dremel?

Damn you! I have a better idea though. Knocking up a demote ;)

EDIT: On second thoughts, probably a bit too soon

slaw likes this.
  11. slaw

slaw At Argos buying "gold"

Well Said!

12. NuTech

NuTech Minimodder

Not sure where the vitriol in this thread is coming from. Yeah, she had every opportunity and threw it away - but that's the standard operating procedure of addiction, but it's not like she personally harmed any of us.

Anyway, with all that's going on, personally I'm finding it hard to give a **** about this news.

13. bulldogjeff

bulldogjeff The modding head is firmly back on.

I HAVE TO AGREE WITH THIS TOTALLY.

But I think it was really just a case of when the head lines came out. I would say jurno's have had her obituary written long ago, just waiting for the day to come along so they came publish it.

14. dave_salmon

dave_salmon What's a Dremel?

I've disliked Whinehouse since I realised she knocked around with Doherty and was spiralling down the same descent as he'd already done. I wasn't a fan of her music but would only claim that she was untalented to be a dick and would, when seriousness took over, admit she's better than your average music celebrity.

I won’t say I'm glad she's dead because it's a bleedin awful thing to say about someone. I will say that it should have been Doherty rather than her simply because, regardless of freedom of thought/choice, he's a horrible git for encouraging 'the lifestyle' the way he did and has.

I also want to say that her death will overshadow the recent events in Norway and it's a huge disgrace that the media will push her to the front and lots of people will be more concerned about her self-inflicted death than the massacre of innocent people.

15. smc8788

smc8788 Multimodder

Heroin is one hell of a drug...

[​IMG]

16. Canon

Canon Reformed

She never harmed any of us and no, it's not nice to hear that anyone has passed away or so young. But i'm not going to spend a single second of my day mourning the loss or criticizing people for making light of it, rather, i'm going to take any opportunity to laugh about it, and make my day all the better, instead of being a miserable git everytime someone I had never met, never given a moments thought to or never cared about passed away. This doesn't mean I wish it on anyone, it means I don't give enough of a **** to feel sorry for anyone. I'm a horrible horrible person, nice to meet y'all.

17. Psycho

Psycho Average

18. 3lusive

3lusive Minimodder

RIP Amy Bingehouse

19. SolidShot

SolidShot Minimodder

i love how facebook is creaming out about this, whereas yesterday no one gave a ****!

20. DeadP1xels

DeadP1xels Social distancing since 92

Meh i never really enjoyed her music and was extremely aware of her drug and alcohol abuse but still is a sad loss especially at 27...

I have no reason to hate on her just because i disagree with her lifestyle, she did'nt do anything wrong to me or anyone else it already looks like another ryan dunn thread :S

Admitadly it makes no difference to me whether she is dead or alive (obviously i would prefer someone not to die so young) but no reason to be glad she is dead there are some seriously unusual people around to wish that.

R.I.P Amy Winehouse

Edit: Put your purses away lads lets not turn this into a bitch fest just because you think you're right.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.