1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Gears of War 3 to feature Casual Mode in multiplayer

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 25 Jul 2011.

1. deadsea

deadsea What's a Dremel?

2. rogerrabbits

rogerrabbits What's a Dremel?

Here is a screenshot of Gears of War 4 and Call of Duty: M0d3rn W0rf3rrr 3

[​IMG]

3. OCJunkie

OCJunkie OC your Dremel too

+1
    That's what you get for playing with a backwards-engineered controller, fools! The thing has to play for YOU, so fail, you might as well quit and just watch TV.

4. murraynt

murraynt Modder

Not everybody wants to spend a grand on a gaming rig and three years down the line have to be upgraded or replaced, where as an xbox for a third of the price will still be fine until it is replaced by the newer gen.

The day console games say there games are inferior will be a sad as, as 90% of the games on console are the same on PC

Infact in alot of way the pc is inferior to consoles. It costs three times the price if not more,Crashing is more common, less accessible, Becoming more and more reliant on steam, pretty much tied down to windows even though we have lots of os. I wouldn't mind if we were getting a huge return but were not. Games don't look three times better on pc or even twice as good.

Well, you try pop on to bfbc2 or cod4 on xbox and see how well you fair out if they do all aiming for you.
    I know for a fact that I am crap on xbox and ps3, or maybe its just me missing out on the auto aim?

3lusive likes this.
  5. dactone

dactone dact-one

since when did they have auto aim on consoles? i'm pretty sure they don't use auto aim when playing multiplayer. as for gears of war iv never played it so maybe its a good idea for something like that to help new players :) .

6. dactone

dactone dact-one

just read 3lusive's post now i see what there on about .

7. XXAOSICXX

XXAOSICXX Minimodder

BF2 doesn't have regenerative health. You either need to be healed by a medic, find a med pack dropped by a medic or crouch like a baby behind a supply drop praying you don't get picked off by a sniper. Sorry.

8. Woodspoon

Woodspoon What's a Dremel?

Oh dear, oh dear oh dear.

*grabs popcorn & chair, sit's back and waits for the fireworks to commence*

on the subject of the game.
    The only way to get good at a game is by practice.
    Enhancing auto aim is just creating an artificially easy environment for new players that will still leave new players thinking OMG! WTF! this is difficult! when they get booted in to proper matches, with no real gain for anyone.
    The only way to ease players in is staged servers, easy, medium, difficult, but as we all know, newbie servers get abused.

9. GravitySmacked

GravitySmacked Mostly Harmless

Oh no, please let's not have the PC vs Console debate again, it's been done to death.

10. 3lusive

3lusive Minimodder

+1 Agree with everything you say. The guys on a tirade against consoles are completely misinformed and over-the-top. It has some benefits that pc's dont have (ie not reliant on driver support, costs are much less, and so on) even if you have better resolutions.

11. Tsung

Tsung What's a Dremel?

Well a cure the newbie server issues where experience players go easy picking is to limit the scope of the server. Several options could be disabled on an easy server that would make it unattractive to the experience players. For instance..

If a persistant level system exists, limit it's scope (Eg. you can only gain xp up to level 5) with reduced xp on the newbie servers. No achievements. Limit the weapon choice, encourage new players to move on by tempting them with the newer weapons without actually giving them. Limit the score range. Only allow a +/- 3 score range where you can only kill people in your score range (or above).

I'm not sure I'll get GOW3.. I loved GOW1, but found GOW2 to be never ending tunnels. Oh another tunnel, what fun, the developers really went balls out on the graphics / settings of this one.

12. Fizzban

Fizzban Man of Many Typos

I don't only game on a PC out of principle or anything. I simply cannot afford the consoles as well as owning and upgrading a PC. Or rather I should say that the PC and other things I buy are prioritized over getting a console. There are some sweet games on the consoles that I'd like to own, but I can live without for now. I don't think I mentioned casual, but isn't that just re-branding easy-mode so people don't feel so inadequate?

Ah, I'm used to auto-aim in singleplayer on consoles. If I play a game online I do so from a PC, so I don't ever use it in a multiplayer environment. I can see the need for some assist with pads I suppose. I just don't like it.

13. tom_hargreaves

tom_hargreaves Comfy shoe wearer

I agree with both of you 100%. And i'm a PC gamer first, console second.

Playing PC multiplayer games for me is a bit boring nowadays. None of my mates are prepared, or can afford, to spend £1k (minimum) on a PC to play games.
    In the time they've spent a few hundred quid on an Xbox they bought in 2006, i've spent upwards of £5k on various new builds and upgrades to my PC to ensure I can play the latest releases at 1920 x 1080 with sliders turned up. So basically I have to play as a lone wolf against people I don't know and can't speak to.

I go straight back on to my Xbox with 3-4 of my really close mates and I have a great time.

The Auto-Aim thing has been blown way our of proportion. The misconception to a lot of people in this thread that "It does it for you" is just laughable.

14. rogerrabbits

rogerrabbits What's a Dremel?

Where does this 1k BS come from? I just built a whole new rig for about half that, and it's super powerful. And to shoot down the other guy, it NEVER crashes, it doesn't need to be accessible because I know how to use it, I don't ever need to use steam, and the OS thing was just a laughable comment.

If you are going to do the PC vs Console thing, at least try to make it accurate.

15. XXAOSICXX

XXAOSICXX Minimodder

Exactly. The guy who said he's spent £5K since 2006 has done so out of choice NOT necessity. My dual HD4890 cards in crossfire are still playing everything on max and are a two generations old. My best mate has a 5 year old PC that wasn't even expensive at the time and plays everything new on "medium" (which is approximately comparable to most XBox360 graphics anyway) - so, really - is it such an expensive hobby, when you consider all the other benefits of having a decent PC?

And as for playing solo on PC...I think you just need more friends.

16. Sloth

Sloth #yolo #swag

If only. People love to get locked into the idea that consoles are for casual gamers and PCs are for hardcore gamers. However, that's simply not the case.

Bejewelled, Peggle, Farmville, there's plenty of casual trash on PC. There are also plenty of gems on consoles, I'd really miss Metal Gear Solid 4, Demon's Souls, Gran Turismo 5 and Armored Core 4/For Answer if my PS3 was taken away, nor would I want to play any of those on KB+M. There are also plenty of cross platform games to help blur the lines, "casual" games like the upcoming MW3 will be available on PC and "hardcore" games like BF3 are available on consoles.

In the end it's not about the hardware, it's about the players.

EDIT: and just a side note, playing a "hardcore" game or owning a gaming PC doesn't immediately mean you're actually good at the game you play and owning a console doesn't mean you're bad at the games you play. In any game there will always be better and worse players.

17. Fizzban

Fizzban Man of Many Typos

5k!!! Spending that much is a choice, it is FAR removed from necessity. And as an argument in favour of consoles it falls over. I reckon I've spent 2k - 2.5k since 2005 on my PC/PCs.

18. wyx087

wyx087 Homeworld 3 is happening!!

how dare you insult the great Peggle!

19. Sloth

Sloth #yolo #swag

Ah, and the other thing: being casual doesn't mean you can't have fun with it. :D

We're just all laughing at you behind your back for it. :p

20. XXAOSICXX

XXAOSICXX Minimodder

I'll be positively lolling my socks off at anyone playing GoW3 in casual mode, regardless of how much fun they're having with it.

Tags: Add Tags