1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Case Mod - In Progress Saturday Night Special.. OMG I'm in the MOTY woooohoooo

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by bulldogjeff, 15 Apr 2011.

?

Half hight panel or full hight panel?

Poll closed 8 Jun 2011.
  1. Half height

3 vote(s)
    13.0%
  2. Full height

20 vote(s)
    87.0%
  1. Waynio

Waynio Relaxing

:D Very sweet looking temps Jeff, efforts paid off nicely I'd say :).
    +rep For getting there with a super overclockable good looking rig :D.

Massive D'oh moment on the 32bit os though :lol::hehe::duh:.

Last edited: 21 Jul 2011
  2. DeadP1xels

DeadP1xels Social distancing since 92

Wow what a transformation! i love this one! the paint and lights really set it off :O

Congratulations you have made it into my bit-tech top 5 cases :)

3. bulldogjeff

bulldogjeff The modding head is firmly back on.

I don't think there's actually anything left to blow up on this thing...lol I did have a few probs setting up the SLI, but I think thats just down to the fact it's so new on the 990FX mobo's

Thanks a lot Wayne. And I'll be reinstalling with 64Bit very soon...lol Almost seems a shame as it'a all working so well.
    Thank you very much DP, especially for the DP top 5 nomination:thumb:

4. bulldogjeff

I've come to the conclusion I must be nuts. I'm sitting here planning my next mod already,(this ones been up and running for 4 days) probably because of all the agro this one has given my I just don't like it. The irony is that it's the one case I always wanted to chop up.

I'll be doing another small build, but thats not for me and then possibly giving Bulldogs box a big revamp. It looks like I'm going to be doing another Christmas build as kid number 1 is 18 this year and his birthday is 10 days after Christmas, he's not into modding so it'll be a simple build with sandy bridge running it and I've still got the scratch build pinging about in my head.
    Ones things for sure, if you think the Mozarts big wait till you see what I've got planned...lol
    It won't be a build I'll be rushing through like normal, it be a case of it's done when it's done.

At least the cost won't be anywhere close to what the current one has cost me because 90% of the hardware will be getting reused again.

So there you have it, my future nicely mapped out. :dremel::D

5. Bloody_Pete

Bloody_Pete Technophile

Its good to have a plan :) Makes it easier to plan the repayments...

6. bulldogjeff

My plans never quite go the way they should. You only have to look at the way my builds go...lol

Been doing a bit of overclocking running 4.2 Ghz now and been having having a little tinker with the GPUs and it's quite good....

I ran the bench mark test and got a best of 1566, but it seems the multi tasking is where it's suffering the most, this I put down to the 32 bit OS ( I will put 64 on) and only 4Gb of RAM, should have been 8 but one stick was dodgy. I might pop the other one in and run 6Gb unganged to see if it makes much difference. With the CPU running as cool as it does there's still a bit more to come I reckon if I start pushing the voltage up. I'm running 1.575 at the moment, so it's all quite safe still.

[​IMG]

Needless to say the temps are excellent.

7. KidMod-Southpaw

KidMod-Southpaw Super Spamming Saiyan

Very nice clocks there. It would be good to see just how much you can get out of the 1100t, just for a laugh.

8. Bloody_Pete

Bloody_Pete Technophile

I'm going to have to try pushing my C2Q to beat this now :p

9. bulldogjeff

I've managed to get 4.3Ghz. 4.4Ghz is doable but the voltages are getting silly, it's Ok for a glory run but not some thing I'd want to run for everyday usage. 4.2 looks to be where it's happiest and that will do for me.

I'll slow it down a bit shall I Pete...lol

10. Bloody_Pete

Bloody_Pete Technophile

Quiet a bit... I only got 1400ish on the CPC benchmark :(

11. bulldogjeff

My aim is to beat the score set on my i7 rig. I thin k once the extra ram goes in and the 64 bit OS I should be pretty close.
    Then when Bulldozer arrives...........Well we'll just have to wait and see. I built this thing for it, so lets just hope its good.

12. bulldogjeff

This bloody thing won't give up with out a fight and just be a normal PC. Yesterday I swapped a hard drive and had to remove the side panel, now it's been in and out during the build countless times and been fine. So yesterday it snapped in half.

Then later on I was giving it all a little tweak and a tune up when all of a sudden it won't boot at all, everything appeared to be doing what it should, just wouldn't boot. So 10 mins of fiddling and I put my hand on the CPU, fu*k me thats hot, checked the pump on the CPU loop and it was doing nothing, checked the wiring, all good then for no reason at all it starts to work again and has been fine since....WTF is that all about...lol

One things for sure I will beat this bast*rd or chuck it in a skip, but I will have the last laugh.

On a serious note though. It's sitting there purring away right now all looking very pretty and I hate the site of it. I look at it and it does absolutely nothing for me.

13. KidMod-Southpaw

Looks like you took out a second mortgage for a beautiful case that will drive you senile by Friday...

14. Waynio

Waynio Relaxing

Don't know what to say mate but wow what a barstool it's being :wallbash:.

15. bulldogjeff

I went past that stahe ages ago..lol
    Thats an idea use it as a barstool. Yeah knowing my luck with this thing it would give way the first time I sat on it:wallbash:

Sod it doesn't matter, I've got a few projects lined up anyway, one of which involves dismantling this thing.

16. Nutman

Nutman Never stuck with stock

Sorry that you have so many problems with it - you put up a good fight, but the ******* is still biting back. I say keep it on a short leash and show it who's the master. ;)

17. RonanH

RonanH mod-envious

Oh man, for a build that looks and performs so good it's really disappointing (for you) that the trouble has soured what should be a pride of place creation. Shame to dismantle it but hopefully you'll get more pleasure from its offspring :)

Last edited: 27 Jul 2011
  18. KidMod-Southpaw

It seems you've planned out your next projects well- they sound very interesting.
    I look forward to looking at every one.

19. bulldogjeff

It's all running sweet at the moment so hopefully it'll stay that way.

It may be a case of putting it to one side and coming back to it at some point in the future. I'm not sure at the moment.

Thanks a lot.. Keep your eyes peeled Kid there should be a new one starting this week end with a bit of luck. Its a little project I'm doing for another forum member who just happens to have the same taste as me in paint work, so I'm really going to enjoy painting this one. And I've got some thing just a little bit special on it's way to me right at this moment. I need to have a good look at it before I decide what to do with it though. One thing I'll give away, is that if the idea I've got for it works, it's going to look a bit mental when it's done :dremel::dremel::D

P.S Thanks for all the support guys it's most appreciated and with out it I think I might have throw the towel in weeks ago....You're a bunch of top blokes:thumb:

20. Bloody_Pete

Bloody_Pete Technophile

Set fire to it :p You must destroy the Daemon...