1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CPU This guy is a scammer Do not buy from him i7 3800k does not exsist

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by numanoid, 19 Jul 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. llOriginll

llOriginll Minimodder

It's easy to see it's him.

Dude put **** into red and blue, used excessive punctuation and exclamatory "points".

His style of writing is like his product advertising; ********.

LennyRhys likes this.
  2. Bloody_Pete

Bloody_Pete Technophile

It's probablly because if you google 'i7 3800k' you get this thread before his listing :p Probably peeved him off some what... I love how well BT gets indexed by google :p

LennyRhys likes this.
  3. Kemp

Kemp Minimodder

Writing style being the same as the ebay guy says to me that he is the seller. How invested in your own lies do you need to be to try to discredit someone who pointed out the truth, on a forum full of people who can immediately spot that your product advert is false? Was he expecting us to say "Oh, Lenny lied to us. Obviously that means the product being sold is genuine and awesome"?

LennyRhys likes this.
  4. LennyRhys

LennyRhys Fan Fan

@wuyanxu, It wasn't my image , it was his image linked directly from the ebay listing - hence the confusion when he quickly corrected it ;)

I thought the exact same thing LOL, but he sure has gone to a lot of trouble with this "5100.3 vs 5100.6" business to make me look bad...

EDIT if it is him then he does have the original FAIL shopped CPUZ screen (lolol) and he altered it again just to kick up a fuss in this, the thread that truly owns him. Maybe he thought by making me out to be the scammer, he could earn some brownie points for himself.

Last edited: 27 Jul 2011
  5. mrbungle

mrbungle Undercooked chicken giver

LOL anyone who so much as googles for a bit of info on the chip that doesnt exist gets linked here and told its a full on scam.

Nice :D

6. Plugs

Plugs Minimodder

Maybe numanoid should edit the first post with a summary, to make sure any visitors to this thread from google (who may be less tech-savvy) dont leave without the facts... even if the title is very clear

7. SuicideNeil

SuicideNeil What's a Dremel?

8. aNuclearPidgeon

aNuclearPidgeon Minimodder

9. Salisant

Salisant What's a Dremel?

Hmm looking to upgrade soon... Tempting :p

10. LennyRhys

LennyRhys Fan Fan

I'd be surprised if we see him posting in this thread again... but you never know, maybe he'll try to pull another BS stunt.

The CPUs are far from fictional; they are all 2600K as per the CPUZ screen shots (I'm surprised he didn't edit that bit out lol), but the prices they are going for are ridiculous.

11. KidMod-Southpaw

KidMod-Southpaw Super Spamming Saiyan

I wouldn't be surprised if his ebay listings end up in the hardware bargains thread...

12. SuicideNeil

SuicideNeil What's a Dremel?

Fictional however in the sense they are 2600k being sold as 3800k or 3900k- like selling a HD 5450 as a 6950 or something like that effectively- you get a working item which overclocks well potentially, but you arent getting the item you paid for since the stated spec is fictional & OC settings required/ advertised would kill it rather quickly...

13. Fizzban

Fizzban Man of Many Typos

The stuff people try to pull on Ebay....

14. calibromucho

calibromucho What's a Dremel?

LennyRhys. Save it. :rolleyes: ...we BOTH know you're full of sh!t. :rolleyes: You may make fools & idiots out of the naive people in this thread, but the ONLY thing you've proved so far is that you're a liar, a fraud, and WORST of all a hypocrite...and the proof is INDEED undeniable.

1) You DID NOT download the original image from this thread that you hotlinked which clearly said 5100.3MHz...anyone else that DID will have the same image on file CLEARLY showing .3MHz. That was THE ONE & ONLY variation of the 50X image posted, which I noticed EVEN BEFORE you had even posted in the thread..after following the hotlink to the auction. Even AFTER you posted it, it REMAINED at 5100.3MHz. That was the ONLY version of that 50X image - end of story. As if that isn't damning enough, it gets MUCH worse for you...

2) Since you didn't have it, to spare yourself further embarrassment, you had to download the updated image which said .6MHz (which, in your haste to cover up your embarrassment, you forgot to 'shop AS WELL). :hehe: You then lied AGAIN in your post saying that you simply downloaded/uploaded it. All his pics are JPG format. Instead of downloading and uploading the SAME (~135KB JPG) image (which of course we both know you couldn't do as you needed to 'shop it), you uploaded an ~203KB PNG format image instead. :rolleyes: Now, why would little lenny NEED to upload a PNG image? After all, the SECOND time around he would have to be HYPER-CAUTIOUS to not screw up again? :hehe: ...well, the REASON little lenny HAD to upload in PNG format and NOT with the JPG format he saved the image with, is because after 'shoping it, if you you save in JPG format AGAIN (even with MINIMUM compression) you will have PIXEL VARIATION which can EASILY be seen upon zooming. PNG format was little lenny's ONLY option, because PNG format is completely UNCOMPRESSED like BMP (but more under the radar as most people are ignorant of PNG format). :rolleyes: This means little lenny had to SAVE the JPG image and then RESAVE it (or force override) as the image he downloaded & 'shoped was a JPG, NOT a PNG lol :hehe:

Anyone with half a brain (and obviously those that downloaded the the ONE & ONLY ORIGINAL 5100.3MHz image) can easily see through little lenny's BS - there is no way out for you. So please spare the intelligent in the thread from your lame-ass story as to WHY you used PNG format, because you will be laughed out of the thread no matter what your answer is. You were screwed EITHER way - with a JPG d/l, JPG u/l you would have been busted for pixel-variation after 'shoping the image, but with PNG as your only option you could at least try slipping under the radar lol. But not under anyone with half a brain... :rolleyes:

Busted, AGAIN..LMAO :hehe:

P.S. I bought a Gen1 Core i7 off this seller a year ago that did 4.5GHz like he claimed, and am upgrading my system now. I came across 3 forums in google including this one during my research, and am defending the guy because of my experience with him and because he said his policy is not to get involved in forums. He also said that ANY publicity is GOOD publicity for him - it drives HUGE traffic to his listings, and rational people that can see through the ignorant posts in forums go to his listings, read them, may ask some questions, and then buy. I guess the proof is in the putting - this thread landed him a $505 sale - way to go lenny! :hehe:

Last edited: 29 Jul 2011
  15. calibromucho

You missed the point entirely, and you're obviously completely clueless about i7 overclocking/over-volting. The reading comprehension in this thread is unbelievable.. :rolleyes:

Here it is AGAIN - demonstrating the seller's contextual innocence, and highlighting little lenny's hypocritical mass-failure...

Last edited: 28 Jul 2011
  16. mars-bar-man

mars-bar-man Side bewb.

Can we ban you now? You've obviously nothing to contribute here. You've got more shite in you than a festival toilet.

Why are you defending this person who's selling fake chips? How come no-one here has heard of them? None of the hundreds of tech journalists have heard of this and that Intel don't even list it as a CPU? Please, explain ALL that.

Then, kindly **** off.

P.S.

Don't come here looking for help when you've been scammed.

17. thetrashcanman

thetrashcanman Angel headed hipsters

Seriously? Why are you attacking what lenny is saying and defending this guy on ebay? Did you not think people with half a brain on here would become awfully suspicious about such a thing? And I think we can clearly see the facts for are self's thank you very much, even if lenny isn't telling the truth (which I can clearly see he is) if you go trawling through the crap that is in the ebay listing you can see the screen shot with the cpu running at OMG ITS FRICKING AMAZING 5.1Ghz but at 1.486v? Nobody should pump that voltage through a cpu, for any reasonable length of time, unless your a overclocking professional and get cherry picked chips by the bucket load.

18. Kemp

Kemp Minimodder

So... assuming you're right and Lenny lied about the image... so what? Doesn't make the seller any more legit.

19. calibromucho

Are you serious? Did you even TAKE the time to LOOK at the ads? It says CLEARLY AT LEAST 3X "i7-2600K" in the ads. Wake up, or shut up. You are OBVIOUSLY confusing the seller's proprietary labels for his chips that can do 5000MHz+ (which being guaranteed ~1/3 faster than STOCK, would account for the ~1/3 bump in his proprietary branding labels of 3700K and up) ...I mean I'd swear some of you are 9 years old. :rolleyes:

READ: "Brand Name: ★ SUPERCHARGED 3900K Extreme (Amped i7-2600K)"

AND: "('SUPERCHARGED 3700K' Nomenclature = 5.0GHz O/C-Capable 2600K CPUs)"

Last edited: 29 Jul 2011
  20. Sloth

Sloth #yolo #swag

Sweet Christ, I finally decided to check this thread out and see what's going on after seeing it keep getting posted in... I think Calibro used more bold words and emoticons in two posts than the rest of the forum combined.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.