1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Graphics HD5970 'Fixed all problems with latest official BIOS' (Added latest vBIOS in post #1)

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Guest-44432, 7 Apr 2010.

1. Viko

Viko What's a Dremel?

there we go. well the other room atm nearly empty and bit forlorn as no1 lives there,but perfect for that fridge&chiller combo ;)

2. 666shan666

666shan666 What's a Dremel?

Thats great man, so long to radiators :thumb:. If only I had enough space in my house...:(

3. 666shan666

666shan666 What's a Dremel?

Whats the temp like? & how safe is the open reservoir in the fridge? What all have you connected it to?

4. Viko

Viko What's a Dremel?

if the temp of water is 20C and if I dont use any tough program just multimedia or surfing on net etc. in this case ofc the chiller is off. the temp goes up slowly from 20 to 28 about 8hours. if i switch on the chiller and I set any desired temp. 4examle 10C that takes about 3/4 hour and it's done the water gets 10C even if the pc on.
    now if I launch any tough game (crysis2,BC2,GTA4 etc) and the cpu is OC-ed to 4,4ghz and ofc the card OC-ed to 950/1200 it dont make any significant problem to the chiller,it just does the job itself. only difference that 3/4 hour is more like :1 hour. so even the hardest stress-program can't cause any problem to the chiller's job.
    well I can say the open ''reservoir'' in the fridge is absolutely safe I check the water everyday there is no any dirt,dust or any other **** in it, so basically it has the same status as it had on the 1st day when it was filled up. (about 3 months)
    the chiller connected to the reservoir completely separatedly with a normal outlet-pump 220V.

5. Shayne

Shayne What's a Dremel?

Hi

Thanks for the info on flashing it helps. I have a dual monitor problem when over clocked that causes the second monitor to flicker due to the idle clocks on the masters going to 157/300 as soon as over clocked. When it is not over clocked it is at 400/1000 and only the slave is 157/300. The OP indicated raising the idle clock makes this disappear, however this is just a couple of times on the first page and then the next 30 pages says nothing. Long read to find that out. A couple of questions.

1) Will raising the clock info 01 (underclocking) in RBE from 157/300/0.95 to 400/1000/1.0 solve this problem?

2) Do I need to only raise the master and can I leave the slave at 157/300 or should I raise both.

3) Would it be better to use the sapphire bios in post 1 or is my Asus bios 2009-11-18 20:38:00 OK.

Sugguestions/help appreciated

Regards

6. hhm007

hhm007 What's a Dremel?

Hey Guys,

Need some advice/help here.

Anyways, I own a Sapphire 5970 (Non-OC) w/ Stock Cooling and I did the bios flash (Original vBios 735/1010).

Prior to this flash, during games my primary monitor would artifacts (large black polygons) and my secondary monitor would give random tiny blue squares over it. I found this would only happen when the card was "cold", i.e. 50 - 60C. Once I got it up to around 65C + it wouldn't artifact anymore.

I did this flash, and during gaming, neither of my monitors would artifact anymore, but instead my computer (Win 7 x64 Ultimate) would bluescreen randomly (in games) around 20 - 30mins.

I have tried drivers from 10.6 - 10.10 all with the same problem. (All installed fresh, safe mode -> driver sweeper -> reboot -> install). Also, after every new install of a driver, the installer would say that the install failed, but when I checked the generated log, everything installed successfully.

I was wondering what driver version you guys are using, or could my card be really defective?

Thanks,

Henry.

PS. If my card is defective, does anyone have any experience with RMA through Sapphire? I hear they charge an administration fee.

7. Shayne

Shayne What's a Dremel?

Come on guys any input would be helpful. Has anyone messed around with the idle clocks in RBE and got it to work.

I have a dual monitor problem when over clocked that causes the second monitor to flicker due to the idle clocks on the master going to 157/300 as soon as over clocked. When it is not over clocked it is at 400/1000 and only the slave is 157/300. The OP indicated raising the idle clock makes this disappear, however this is just a couple of times on the first page and then the next 30 pages says nothing. Long read to find that out. A couple of questions.

1) Will raising the clock info 01 (underclocking) in RBE from 157/300/0.95 to 400/1000/0.95 and the gpu 0x15 voltage to 1.0 solve this problem?

2) Do I need to only raise the master and can I leave the slave at 157/300 and 0.95 or should I raise both.

3) Would it be better to use the sapphire bios in post 1 or is my Asus bios 2009-11-18 20:38:00 OK.

Sugguestions/help appreciated

Regards

8. Guest-44432

Guest-44432 Guest

The only other suggestion is to do a fresh install of Windows with the card flashed. Otherwise, I don't really know what would be causing a BSOD.

Cheers,

Simon.

9. Guest-44432

Guest-44432 Guest

Hi, as for the first 30 pages you quote say 'nothing' I would read through all the pages, as it will explain more problem fixing.

Also flash your card with the vbios in post 1, which should solve your problems.

Cheers,

Simon.

Teelzebub likes this.
  10. Shayne

Shayne What's a Dremel?

Mostily just the cold bug when water cooled and now I have flashed and for others reading this post .

This DOES NOT fix the idle speed dropping to 157/300 and dual montor flicker when over clocking through ati overdrive or any other proprietary overclocking software.

It would be nice to have some input as to if my above bios mod would?? :)

Regards

11. Guest-44432

Guest-44432 Guest

The vbios is not suppose to change the idle clocks. 157/300mhz is fine for the powersaving 2d clocks, otherwise ATI would not have released the cards. Since the vbios in post 1 worked fine for mine and other forum members card, this clearly shows you that the idle clocks are not the problem.

You can adjust the 2d clocks to the 400/1000 as I did this first for a temporarily fix.

If you want to overclock your card, then I would just use one of the pre-OC vbios I have uploaded in post 1. I would not use ATI overdrive, or any other third party overclocking apps, as this is clearly a problem, with the card and drivers conflicting.

On a side note: I would not bother with a dual gpu card in the future. It causes to many problems, and are very driver dependent!

12. Shayne

Shayne What's a Dremel?

Got that right i am driven a lemon baby and i know that.

I used your 800/1200 and lowered the gpu voltage to 1.625 and the mem back to 1.0.

It is been running for a day (fan cooled). Sensor software appears to be confused with fan and temps but it is running stable and no fliker on second monitor. I will need to find an accurate sensor.

I like OC profiles (and 910/1250 once and a while) so was looking for low idle fix when software OC'd.

When you do not OC with software GPU 1 is at 400/1000 when you do it drops to 157/300.

157/300mhz is not fine for the powersaving 2d clocks when the second monitor jumps around and flikers till they are unusable. What do you mean by temporarily fix?

Thanks for your input. :thumb:

Regards

13. Guest-44432

Guest-44432 Guest

If I remember correctly, I use to use the 1000/1300 vbios. But if I decided to drop the clocks in ATI overdrive, whilst having the flashed 1000/1300 vbios, it would do what your experiencing.
    If I was you, just use the pre OC vbios in post 1, and leave it as that. Don't start changing things in ATI overdrive, or else you will start having problems. (It's a driver problem.)

Adjusting the 2D clocks, before I had these vbios, was the only temporary fix.

So as long as you use one of the vbios in post 1, without using ATI overdrive, or any other third party OC software, you should be Problem/Flickering free.

14. Shayne

Shayne What's a Dremel?

Sorry running 900/1200 not 800 and yes we will leave it at that and see how it works. The shapphire bios seems to be better than the asus. Lot newer anyway.

Cheers mate

15. makhdoom

makhdoom What's a Dremel?

plz help me my ati card 5970 work fine. but after five mintes disply blank.card fan speed fast and no dipay show.

16. Guest-44432

Guest-44432 Guest

Sounds like a overheating problem. What PSU are you using?
    Depending if your PSU has enough power, and you are using a 6 & 8 pin PCIe power cables.
    If you are then, If you haven't got any warranty left on the card, I would take it apart and apply some fresh TIM, if your PSU is powerful enough to power the card. Otherwise, I would RMA it.

17. GaMEChld

GaMEChld What's a Dremel?

Does anyone know where to find the non-OC bios? I need to RMA my card because one of the DVI ports failed, and I'd like it to look as stock as possible.

18. Guest-44432

Guest-44432 Guest

Find your manufacture here, and download and flash.
    Clicky

Cheers,

Simon.

19. GaMEChld

GaMEChld What's a Dremel?

Delicious! Thanks a lot, you are truly a king among men!

20. Guest-44432

Guest-44432 Guest

No problem.:thumb:

Cheers,

Simon.