1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Alcoholic Beverages Suggestions

Discussion in 'General' started by Jake123456, 25 Jul 2011.

1. TheBlackSwordsMan

TheBlackSwordsMan Over the Hills and Far Away

A Verper ! Of Course

2. D3s3rt_F0x

D3s3rt_F0x What's a Dremel?

My suggestions at the moment Stauder (German), konig pilsner there's also some black stuff I drink when I'm in Germany (every week) will report back with a name later this week.

Oh I also tried Punk IPA by Brew Dog was really nice. Next ill be moving onto Tactical nuclear penguin and Sink the Bismarck.

3. BentAnat

BentAnat Software Dev

Around here we have stuff called "Pitte".
    It's basically Passion fruit booze. Think squeezing a passion fruit into a glass and turning that to booze. Pits and all.
    While the stuff by itself is as vile as cheap Schnapps, it's GREAT with red bull, and it'll make for one NASTY Hangover.

4. Jake123456

Jake123456 Surprise!

Going out this friday, deffo gotta try some of these drinks XD

5. Throbbi

Throbbi What's a Dremel?

OOoooooo win thread is win. Didn't spot this earlier (accursed fecking talktalk)

Soo many nice drinks in here. Gotta agree with Nexxo on the malts, Laphroaig is king, the smokeyness cannot be topped (well it hasn't been topped yet at least and i'm still trying lots of others.....all in the name of science you understand).

Ales have to be from the barrel for me to be honest. I've tried dozens of them bottled and they just can't hold up to a real pint. OSP, waggledance, sneck lifter and so on and so on, none of them are even close to their barrelled counterparts. They're not unpleasant by any means they're just not as good y'know.

Archers Golden, Coach House Honeypot, Postlethwaites (yes endorsed and loved by the legend himself, great guy btw), Joules Priory, Wold Top, Titanic Wreckage/Iceberg/Anchor/White Star,anything from Hogswood, Copper Dragon Conqueror....ok lots to list, all awesome. Seriously guys find a proper real ale pub and enjoy.

For party drinks i tend to stick with old favourites of the Black Russian, Cheeky Vimto (works better with Creme De Cassis instead of Port btw) and TVR's.

For now i'm just enjoying a few bottles of Cusquenya, Tsingtao, Cobra and Leffé.

6. Jake123456

Jake123456 Surprise!

Cheeky Vimto is a bang on drink, when I had it, it was abit strong on the port side though...

7. mrdanie

mrdanie What's a Dremel?

Crunk Juce. Recently sold over here but been out in America for a while. A creation of lil john apparently. Basically think MD20/20 combined with relentless energy drink, its the equivalent of drinking a pint of wine, and a shed loads of coffee. About £6 a can and gets you funked up! :) Google it, top results are daily mail reports about crimes and this drink being at the root cause. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2008571/Crunk-Juce-The-alcoholic-energy-drink-fuelling-new-generation-louts.html

8. Throbbi

Throbbi What's a Dremel?

Must...have...watermelon.....crunk juice :jawdrop:

9. Pookeyhead

Pookeyhead It's big, and it's clever.

10. afen

afen cyb0r p1mp

If you want something that'll make you believe you've got a migraine the next morning - try Sidekick Strawberries & Cream!

11. GreatOldOne

GreatOldOne Wannabe Martian

12. GreatOldOne

GreatOldOne Wannabe Martian

Try:

Glenmorangie - Nectar d'Or
    Caol Ila
    Glenrothes - Robur Reserve

All in the name of science. ;)

Very true - but unfortunately we can't live in the pub. Check out the link in my sig for a decent local brew from around my parts, and a decent real ale pub if you're ever in Northampton.

I seem to have an odd palette - whilst it been hot, I've taken to drinking San Miguel.... If only I could get Pelforth here. I drank gallons of that whilst I was at LeMans this year. Or Negra Modello - Black Lager. The best thing to come out of Mexico since Speedy Gonzales :)

13. Jumeira_Johnny

Jumeira_Johnny 16032 - High plains drifter

I rather liked this, but it's unique flavor isn't one that I would sip all night. Rather like a cherry wheat beer, one was good. The next one wasn't as enjoyable, which for me is linked directly to the way it was barreled. Great flavor, but definitely a before dinner drink, not an all night sipper.