1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Google Chrome now more popular than Firefox in the UK

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Lizard, 1 Aug 2011.

1. dicobalt

dicobalt What's a Dremel?

At least you have the comfort of knowing that IE users are stupid :)

2. j1o2h3n4

j1o2h3n4 What's a Dremel?

Chorme is STABLE if one page hangs, only that tab is affected. Firefox on the other hand, if one page hangs entire browser needs restart. However, chorme lacks:
    - no print preview
    - no work offline
    - no turn off update (especially v12, GoogleUpdate.exe starts with your OS, can't block it nor prevent it loading, even after uninstall google update folder & content still exist)
    - no NoSquint equivalent, NoSquint segment page zoom individually, eg. If i zoom up bit-tech.com to 120% all pages / tab from bit-tech.com is 120%, while others tabs i open eg. cnn.com is not effected. Default 100% 120% 144% too big a jump & affect all pages.
    - Download speed indicator also not honest, speed shown are always higher than what they actually is. Firefox get it right though, maybe its the snapshot period they take.
    - no Firebug equivalent, "Inspect Element" not enough details.
    - no Noscript equivalent, extensions like adblock prevents signing into websites even after removing it.

3. knuck

knuck Hate your face

this

I do love the speed of chrome but I'm just so used to firefox that I don't want to change ...yet

I do have all the browsers installed, though (ie,chrome,firefox, opera)

4. Lazarus Dark

Lazarus Dark Minimodder

Switching to G+ has finally pushed me to Chrome. All the good G+ extensions are only on Chrome, along with a lot of great Google-made extensions for various products. For someone who spends half their time on Google services anyway, it makes sense (I even use Google Reader to skim the articles here before I come)

Can't say I really miss Firefox much, but I generally keep a clean OS and a clean browser, so I didn't have that many FF add ons to miss. If you are a FF addon whore, switching may be more difficult.

I tried putting Chrome on my work pc, but sadly none of my clients web sites and applications will work on Chrome (half don't actually work on FF either, but I use IE Tab to view them from within FF)

5. Ross1

Ross1 What's a Dremel?

modify headers, downthemall, better adblock, better noscript, more customisable, open source, and a few other minor reasons all keep me on firefox. I tried chrome out and really dont get the love.

6. knuck

knuck Hate your face

trying chrome right now and I cringe about once every minute because of features that I would like to use but don't exist (in chrome)

7. inzane86

inzane86 engineer with an axe

I use chrome on my slow laptop, its a bit faster, but on my main PC its Firefox all the way.

8. RichCreedy

RichCreedy Hey What Who

Really? is there any need for that?

9. Ph4ZeD

Ph4ZeD What's a Dremel?

IE9 is an excellent browser. I use Chrome myself.

10. impar

impar Minimodder

11. RichCreedy

RichCreedy Hey What Who

i get it now, hadn't seen that report, i am not adverse to change, but i do have preferences, was the iq test a reliable one, many that are done online are not.

12. impar

impar Minimodder

13. slipperyskip

slipperyskip Member

According to my stat logs only 11% of my website visitors in 2011 are using Internet Explorer. IE hasn't been the majority browser to my site since 2006. I seriously doubt the accuracy of the data in this article and was wondering if bit-tech can back it up with their own web stat data? It is just too big of a discrepancy to easily explain away.

14. runadumb

runadumb What's a Dremel?

I've used opera at home for years and I use chrome in work. Opera has been pissing me off since version 10 though. Still sticking with it but it's getting harder.

15. cowtc

cowtc What's a Dremel?

Found Chrome runs and loads so much quicker than FF and IE, so have stuck with it. No probs since

16. GeorgeStorm

GeorgeStorm Aggressive PC Builder

What has been annoying you with opera?
    Found it started crashing for a while, but doesn't any longer, tis running perfectly

17. runadumb

runadumb What's a Dremel?

#

Every single UI change starting with the settings moving in the top left hand corner to the latest speed-dial. I dislike every single one of them. Especially the latest one which removed the dropdown box in the URL bar by default. Easily fixed after 10 mins in the forums.
    Also flash used to crash it constantly on some sites, like PC gamer but that has long been cured.

18. Dedlite

Dedlite What's a Dremel?

Erm...5.1, ackheloi. :)

19. OCJunkie

OCJunkie OC your Dremel too

Chrome rules, sync is awesome.

20. impar

impar Minimodder

Greetings!
    Yep. Sync is awesome, I use it on Firefox.

Tags: Add Tags