1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Photos Photo Book Preview (Emily's First Year)

Discussion in 'Photography, Art & Design' started by veato, 30 Jul 2011.

1. veato

veato I should be working

A years worth of photos, months of editing and sorting and it's finally done.

Photo Book Preview

From the day my baby was born to the day of her first birthday. I think it gets better as the book goes on as the photos are more interesting.

The book is being printed by Albelli (special offer of £50 for a 120 page large book) and the cover (which I'm particularily pleased with) was made using an app called Posterino.

2. M7ck

M7ck Ⓜod Ⓜaster

She is beautiful and that book is very well put together.

3. Cheap Mod Wannabe

Cheap Mod Wannabe What's a Dremel?

Love the photos!
    You did an amazing job on capturing and editing the photos.
    But overall the book does not cut it for me.

There are some spreads that I really like. But most of them have too many photos,
    but more importantly 3-5 photos that are trying to be the main focus of the spread
    and are really throwing my eye around the pages.

Is there a specific # of images you're trying to squeeze into a book?
    I know how difficult it is to reduce the number of photos for an album.
    In weddings; with which I deal every day bride's ruin so many albums trying to squeeze too many photos in one book. Often they end up losing the beauty of the actual photographs.

To your credit though, it's really a tough job.

4. Xir

Xir Modder

a picture a day, so 365 pictures, right?
    But I have to agree, too many of the same.
    Won't seem to be that now, but it will in a few years time.

Ah...somewhere in the middle: Naked baby butt holding up it's head...a classic :D

5. veato

No it's 366 photos for the year, not 365, as the first photo is on her birth day and the last photo is on her first birthday. It's one year and one day technically.

It is unfortunate how many photos have to be squeezed in but the maximum allowed pages is 120 so it's a limiting factor. As its a photo a day for the first year of her life there's no way I could reduce the number for creative purposes as the book/project would no longer make sense.

The book has arrived now (I was out so I have to collect it tomorrow) and I'm really looking forward to seeing it. I'm aware of some of the unavoidable problems (a lot of photos, some are similar, etc) but seeing the culmination of 18 months work will still raise a smile :)

To be honest I'm my harshest critic so I can definitely pick out a fair number if shots I don't like throughout the year. I'm not a pro though at all so I'm not too hard on myself. And there are a few shots I'm especially pleased with including managing a couple of white backgrounds with no pro/studio lighting at all.

Oh, and the wife said I have to do it all again for the next baby! :eeek:

6. ssR

ssR Carbon God

definitely lots of images that stand out and are great
    all in all a great project and a great execution
    make another one, this time run it for 10 years and only include the very best on those 120 pages

7. veato

I nearly ejected Twinings English Breakfast on my monitor when I read that. 10 years? Sod that! :lol:

8. ssR

ssR Carbon God

oh c'mon, it would only make for 3650 images in total, which is nothing in the digital age :)
    out of those you can pick a total of 120 images, 1 per page and 1 per month
    damn i like that idea, makes me wanna have a kid just for that :p