1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Photos Latest Purchases Thread: v2.0

Discussion in 'General' started by RTT, 29 Oct 2007.

1. Unicorn

Unicorn Uniform November India

That doesn't mean they are douche bags because they're Mac users, they're douche bags because they have't got the first clue about computers and try to talk like they do. Anyone who thinks their Apple computer is better than a PC which is faster because it's a Mac doesn't know jack **** about it and should keep their mouth shut. For the record, I know PC users who think that way too, and they are equally as clueless.

Anyway, in another few months I'm going to be a Mac user as well, so I just don't want to be labelled when I'm out in public using it. I may even get a sticker made for the lid of it: "This machine is a Mac, but I build epic PCs for a living" ;)

2. [ZiiP] NaloaC

[ZiiP] NaloaC Multimodder

Cei, if you're going through Borderlands, I'm doing another stint of it these days. Add me on GS - naloac.

3. Gordy

Gordy Evil Teddy

I think you'll find that the same proportion of pc/mac users are douche bags. I've met plenty of both sides. Unfortunately most of them tend to be the "quite vocal" camp. So you hear them more.

Agreed. Though there is something about not being able to see a great deal in a large vehicle that probably doesn't help :D

I would say the equivalent mac/pc are very hard to compare. I know that if I ran my business just supporting mac people I would a truck load more clients. I've helped lots of people switch to macs and without a shadow of a doubt not a single one has regretted it.

If someone judges someone on the type of computer they own. I'd dare to suggest it says more about that person than the computer owner. Most people tend to forget the 99.9% of computer owners are the normal public not techie's/geeks. They don't generally care what it is/does as long as it's easy for them to do what they want on it.

4. ryan498

ryan498 What's a Dremel?

I've bought a £3 drill bit :)

5. Aterius Gmork

Aterius Gmork smell the ashes

Not this again. I do NOT hate Macs. Why would I - the built quality is just fantastic. In fact I'd love to have a Macbook running Win7. I do hate Mac owners who have no clue about anything tech related but think their machine is automatically better suited for the job than a PC because it's a Mac and it's twice as expensive. Which frankly is BS.

It took me quite a few years to convince my mom to buy a macbook, she really couldn't be happier with the machine. However she too is going on and on now about how much better Macs are without even trying to comprehend why I won't buy one. This attitude drives me nuts. I don't judge the people by their machines, but their attitude. Again - I've yet to meet a Mac user that can accept that their machine is not the Holy Grail of Computing because it was more expensive.

6. RaisingCain

RaisingCain What's a Dremel?

I bought a new PSU I was going to buy it in september but my current PSU died so I had to bring that froward.
    [​IMG]

7. Picarro

Picarro What's a Dremel?

Bought an amplifier for my mobile stereo and I am contemplating going for a 2500k, MSI Z68A-GD65 and 8 gigs of RAM soonish ..

8. identikit

identikit Minimodder

Noice. What pedals are you using?

9. stonedsurd

stonedsurd Is a cackling Yuletide Belgian

Dunno about IRL but almost every Mac user on this forum can call a spade a spade.

10. Stotherd-001

Stotherd-001 Minimodder

I live with three of them, who aren't on these forums. Their ignorance and general blind faith in Apple is sickening.

11. Toxic_Lemon

Toxic_Lemon What's a Dremel?

I got my xfx hd 6870 black edition |;)'

12. Valo

Valo Minimodder

Maybe people say that macs are better than anything because they indeed are?

It is just a question of which criteria you choose to deem something "better". I bet macs are better than the rest in something... Like interface and build quality. Perhaps such things are more important to average users than 'speedz and overclockz'

13. Canon

Canon Reformed

Hughesy ? :hehe:

14. Pookeyhead

Pookeyhead It's big, and it's clever.

[​IMG]

Numark Omni Controller

Sound mixer/Multichannel soundcard.
    Mixer
    USB/MIDI controller to integrate with Traktor Pro.

15. outlawaol

outlawaol Geeked since 1982

Ordered my 2500k. A week early, so I am going to have a good week! :)

Also +1 to the citizen eco watch - I love'm and own three!

16. The_Beast

The_Beast I like wood ಠ_ಠ

Apple makes a good product, no one can refute that, but people tend to follow Apple and all their products with blind faith. They are misinformed and outspoken on the subject

Like I said, most but not all are like that

17. TaRkA DaHl

TaRkA DaHl Modder

An Asrock Pro3 mobo, 2x4Gb of Corsair memory and a BeQuiet 430W PSU.... hello my next 24x7 folding rig :p

18. Elton

Elton Officially a Whisky Nerd

AsRock motherboards are pretty solid. Enjoy!

Just watch out for the VDroop if you're OCing though, they have terrible VDroop control.

19. awok3N

awok3N Who dares wins.

This is a PC;
    [​IMG]

This is also a PC;
    [​IMG]

These are operating systems;
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

This is not a hard concept.

Not really, he's just stating a fact.

I feel for you man, although I only have to put up with one. Got me a Samsung Galaxy S II phone which massively overpowers the iphone and he still actually believes his phone is better in every way. Hopeless.

20. Gordy

Gordy Evil Teddy

:rolleyes: Seriously...

Sorry, I wasn't suggesting that you did. I was talking more in general. :)

Yeah that's kind of my point. Geeks/Techies are generally looking at things very differently to normal users. They want something that is the following
    1. Easy to use
    2. Easy to buy/setup
    3. Desirable (Looks/Brand)

Most people use a computer for basic things. Those that do serious gaming/photo editing/video editing and other taxing stuff are in the minority.

For a lot of them the tactile things are important far more than specs. It's why I think that tablet makers simply don't get it. They are trying to compete on a spec sheet. Most people don't care or haven't a clue what it means. Most are totally confused when you try to explain specs to them.

When people buy a product from a certain brand and it works really well for them, they are going to trust that brand. It's not blind faith, but based on actual experience with the brand. You can be damn sure that if apple started building rubbish products people would fall out of love with them. People don't spend money on brands that let them down all the time. Its the same reason people buy a series of BMW's/Mercs.

Last edited: 15 Aug 2011