1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Where are our folders?

Discussion in 'bit-tech Folding Team' started by One_Box, 7 Jul 2011.

1. meandmymouth

meandmymouth Multimodder

Wow, lots of 450's and 460's in there and so bigadv units on the i7's, very nice indeed.

450's are the way I want to go for my GPU rig, maybe 460's if I can afford them.

2. Madness_3d

Madness_3d Bit-Tech/Asus OC Winner

Personally it's Money and Heat that's stopped me. Plus I have an increasingly unreliable couple of folding rigs that are all old GPU based. At best combined they'd get maybe 35k PPD, but they use a lot of power doing it and I don't have the cash to be buying 2600k's. So yeah, I'll wait until I can find a home for my machines.

For the record have

Rig 1
    GTX 280 1GB
    9800GX2 1GB
    8800GTS 512

Rig 2
    8800 GT 512
    8800 GT 512

3. TaRkA DaHl

TaRkA DaHl Modder

Madness_3d - Selling all those could probably get you half way to a 2600k, and you would make the money back on the electric bill in no time.

My 2600k rig draws about 170W, I am building a new one for going 24x7 right now and I suspect the power draw will be even lower as I will be putting in just a single laptop hard drive.

4. meandmymouth

meandmymouth Multimodder

I agree. In fact If you sell all of one rig and the GPU's of the other, you should have enough for a 2600K and maybe more.

5. chin913

chin913 忍び So say we all

Lecky bills were getting stupid for me , and most of my hardware is to old to bother folding on now. An upgrade should be getting done next year but I have other hobbies which are draining my money pot at the moment :) Every now and then I fire the old beast up for a couple of days :)

6. nitrous9200

nitrous9200 What's a Dremel?

I started folding back in the days when it was a part of the Google toolbar (remember Google Compute?) but after a hiatus of a couple of years, I've started firing up as many clients as I can and putting them all to work for bit-tech - I can't contribute a massive number of PPD but I'll do what I can :D
    Plus I'm headed off to college next week so hopefully I can move a couple of folding machines there and waste their electricity instead of mine at home!

7. meandmymouth

meandmymouth Multimodder

I can't wait to get back to uni and use their electricity, lots more points for me and a warm room :)